The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: Main Street on June 17, 2018, 06:40:35 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on June 17, 2018, 03:27:38 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on June 17, 2018, 12:42:24 AM
Quote from: mouview on June 16, 2018, 10:56:38 PM
Can't understand the narrative that Iceland deserved a point. They just packed the defence and hacked it out all second half. At least Argentina tried to play the right way, passed it around and created what few chances there were.
I hope Iceland get smashed in their remaining two games.

They've had their 15 minutes, it's now time for them to fook off and take their hoofball with them.

Norway were great craic when they were beating England back in 1993 but they soon became an absolute blight on international football.

Iceland are no different in that regard.
Not often I agree with you, but you're on the mark with this one
The 3 stoogies! The penny has dropped that Argentina, world cup finalist last time,  have  infinitly better players than Iceland? you guys deserve a certificate of punditry ::)  Fortunately the Iceland coach was of the same opinion

Now football should only be played a certain way for the entertainment values of the 3 sofa stoogies who it appears know fck all about intl football, fck all about tactics and the value of the unbreakable united team ethic.
Iceland topped  their WC qual group by playing better football than and at the same time beating Croatia, Ukriane and Turkey. According to you morons they should now just fook off then?  ;D
Too many times Iceland tried to play the ball out of defence on the ground in the 2nd half, stringing 5 or 6 passes before being dissposed by the likes of Messi et al, class players who have totally dominated much better players/teams than Iceland. The siege in the 2nd half  at times was not much different than Barca making Man u look like a pub team at the Wembley CL final or making Arsenal look bedraggled  everytime they met, or Barca trying to break though a Chelsea parked bus.  I suppose by the stoogie criteria of the beautiful game, all those teams should have fooked off the stage?
well said.  :)
nil satis nisi optimum

sid waddell

Can't understand the narrative that Iceland deserved a point. They just packed the defence and hacked it out all second half. At least Argentina tried to play the right way, passed it around and created what few chances there were.

They've had their 15 minutes, it's now time for them to fook off and take their hoofball with them.

Norway were great craic when they were beating England back in 1993 but they soon became an absolute blight on international football.

The 3 stoogies! The penny has dropped that Argentina, world cup finalist last time,  have  infinitly better players than Iceland? you guys deserve a certificate of punditry ::)  Fortunately the Iceland coach was of the same opinion

Now football should only be played a certain way for the entertainment values of the 3 sofa stoogies who it appears know fck all about intl football, fck all about tactics and the value of the unbreakable united team ethic.
Iceland topped  their WC qual group by playing better football than and at the same time beating Croatia, Ukriane and Turkey. According to you morons they should now just fook off then?  ;D
Too many times Iceland tried to play the ball out of defence on the ground in the 2nd half, stringing 5 or 6 passes before being dissposed by the likes of Messi et al, class players who have totally dominated much better players/teams than Iceland. The siege in the 2nd half  at times was not much different than Barca making Man u look like a pub team at the Wembley CL final or making Arsenal look bedraggled  everytime they met, or Barca trying to break though a Chelsea parked bus.  I suppose by the stoogie criteria of the beautiful game, all those teams should have fooked off the stage?
You've completely missed the point, haven't you?

I don't expect Iceland to play any other way than the way they do. That's the only way for them to get results.

The point is, it's utterly septic to watch, just as Norway were in the 1990s, and it would be a disaster for the tournament were they to go through ahead of Argentina.

Something similar goes for the Swiss, who are consistently the most boring team to watch at major finals. Hopefully Brazil destroy them.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

gallsman

Clear shove in the back. Lee Dixon making a twat of himself saying "it's not a shove" and then "it was a little shove".

The two of them sounded awfully embarrassed when they announced that Clattenburg had said it shouldn't have stood.

Dougal Maguire

Is there any need to be so aggressive and insulting? 
Careful now

under the bar

When you think of all the world class forwards who have led the line for Brazil at the World Cups and have become legends.  Doubtful if Firmino will be considered in the same light in years to come. ;)

Capt Pat

Quote from: under the bar on June 17, 2018, 08:58:43 PM
When you think of all the world class forwards who have led the line for Brazil at the World Cups and have become legends.  Doubtful if Firmino will be considered in the same light in years to come. ;)

It was hardly his fault they didn't win he was only on for 10 minutes. Neymar did nothing in the whole 90 minutes

Minder

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 17, 2018, 11:14:21 PM

It was hardly his fault they didn't win he was only on for 10 minutes. Neymar did nothing in the whole 90 minutes

It's just a bit of trying too hard trolling from a United fan
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gawa316

Quote from: Minder on June 17, 2018, 11:17:16 PM

The obsession level is off the chart. How do you watch that game and think, 'I hate Liverpool so how will I try to slag them and their players off?'

Reminds me of the st gallbladder pup, whatever happened to that p***k?!

Main Street

Quote from: sid waddell on June 17, 2018, 06:56:57 PM

I don't expect Iceland to play any other way than the way they do. That's the only way for them to get results.

The point is, it's utterly septic to watch, just as Norway were in the 1990s, and it would be a disaster for the tournament were they to go through ahead of Argentina.

Something similar goes for the Swiss, who are consistently the most boring team to watch at major finals. Hopefully Brazil destroy them.
Sid, I have got the point spot on. You're a phony when it comes to football analysis and knowledge. Brazil didn't destroy Switzerland and haven't that football quality to do so. What you hope might happen in order to satisfy some couch potato fantasy perception of a make believe world of the beautiful football game is beyond even the management of the creator of the universe. Would you be the type of guy who noticed Iceland players swarming around Messi when he had the ball, but didn't notice when Argentina did the exact same to Gisli Sig whenever he had the ball at his feet? 

sid waddell

Quote from: Main Street on June 18, 2018, 12:38:15 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on June 17, 2018, 06:56:57 PM

Sid, I have got the point spot on. You're a phony when it comes to football analysis and knowledge. Brazil didn't destroy Switzerland and haven't that football quality to do so. What you hope might happen in order to satisfy some couch potato fantasy perception of a make believe world of the beautiful football game is beyond even the management of the creator of the universe. Would you be the type of guy who noticed Iceland players swarming around Messi when he had the ball, but didn't notice when Argentina did the exact same to Gisli Sig whenever he had the ball at his feet?
The only couch potato make believe artist here is yourself. You have a very active imagination, I'll give you that.

Fair play to the Swiss, they're generally dreadful to watch but at least (and unlike Iceland) they had a right go tonight and actually attacked Brazil, which made the game interesting.

Counter attacking football can be very good to watch. Hoofball, like Iceland, Ireland and Norway in the 90s play/ed, is not.

Maybe you think Manchester United's performances against Sevilla were good to watch too?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on June 18, 2018, 12:26:17 AM
Quote from: Minder on June 17, 2018, 11:17:16 PM

The obsession level is off the chart. How do you watch that game and think, 'I hate Liverpool so how will I try to slag them and their players off?'

Reminds me of the st gallbladder pup, whatever happened to that p***k?!

Jesus lad, a lot of anger there. You need time off

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU