The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

France looking their usual enigmatic selves here.

imtommygunn

imtommygunn

Why was it so delayed? Did the linesman flag?

Glad oz equalised. That boy who scored it (jeznik is it?) is a tough nut.

Milltown Row2

Liverpool's new signing looks like coming on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 16, 2018, 12:23:20 PM

I'm guessing he was waiting for the ball to go out of play.
That's why I'm wondering what would have happened if the Aussies scored. Would the goal be given and then he would have looked at VAR and given a peno?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

smort

Was a penalty for me. Aussie guy got the faintest of touches which didn't actually knock the ball away from griezman who would still have gone on to get a shot away. The Aussie player then catches him from behind, it's a penalty

imtommygunn

Quote from: laoislad on June 16, 2018, 12:26:15 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 16, 2018, 12:23:20 PM

I'm guessing he was waiting for the ball to go out of play.
That's why I'm wondering what would have happened if the Aussies scored. Would the goal be given and then he would have looked at VAR and given a peno?

No idea what would have happened but I bet that scenario will happen some day.

Milltown Row2

The Aussies give you work rate! Fair fecks to them should the hold out or win! France are typically slow starters
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JPGJOHNNYG

There have been some great own goals already lol bullet headers yesterday delicate lobs today

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 16, 2018, 12:44:38 PM
There have been some great own goals already lol bullet headers yesterday delicate lobs today

Amazing how he played the ball off the defender to score the goal! Quality

laoislad

Pogba the second United player to score following on from De Gea's goal last night.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on June 16, 2018, 01:13:18 PM
Pogba the second United player to score following on from De Gea's goal last night.

In fairness to De Gea he was hit by a fly just beforehand... concussion reports coming in from Spain's doctors  :D

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on June 16, 2018, 01:13:18 PM

BennyCake

I see RTE have one of the Après Match fellas impersonating Keith Andrews for this game.

Milltown Row2

As good as the Argies are going forward they are suspect at the back!!