Premium Seat At Croke Park.

Started by Bud Wiser, August 07, 2010, 08:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Worker

Quote from: Gaffer on August 07, 2010, 08:34:25 PM
But  you will get them on the day around Dublin

you should get them at face value a few hours before the game if you look hard enough

Bud Wiser

I only deleted the accounts there a few weeks ago.  I was in the Premium level yesterday at the annihilation of Cork by the greatest hurling team of all time and just listening to people there were a lot of them discussing the price increase and I can say for certain that the GAA have a job on their hands.  Not one person in a group of six people that I was having a pint with were remewing theirs and they were very certain about that.  One of these had ten seats and the rest had two or three each.  The Canal end was near empty yesterday as well. 
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

orangeman

If they had any sense they'd be keeping the prices the same in the hope that people will renew rather than increasing them. What planet are they living on ? The country is on its hole and they're looking for more money ??

heffo

Precient comments from McKenna in 2008:

"The Hogan Stand side comes up for renewal in 2010 and since it's the most popular part of the stadium, I would be confident of a big interest. Our prices offer great value -- in fact we could probably double the cost of premium tickets and still be over-subscribed," he said."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/peter-mckenna-park-ranger-1565663.html

isourboydownyet

Quote from: heffo on August 14, 2010, 01:41:57 PM
Precient comments from McKenna in 2008:

"The Hogan Stand side comes up for renewal in 2010 and since it's the most popular part of the stadium, I would be confident of a big interest. Our prices offer great value -- in fact we could probably double the cost of premium tickets and still be over-subscribed," he said."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/peter-mckenna-park-ranger-1565663.html

always thought mckenna a shrewd man but who is he trying to fool when coming out with that statement and at the same time croke park are sending out these emails below
Quote from: isourboydownyet on August 07, 2010, 10:59:37 AM

Hogan Stand Premium Level Tickets
Hi ****

A limited amount of premium level seats have come up for sale.

These seats are in the Hogan Stand and can be purchased for a period of 3, 5 or 10 years.

To register your interest in purchasing premium level tickets on a long term basis please respond to this email.

forward to a friend  |  unsubscribe from this newsletter

Croke Park Stadium, Dublin 3, Ireland
t: + 353 (0) 1 819 2300 - f: + 353 (0) 1 819 2313 - e: info@crokepark.ie

this is the email my friend recieved from croke park,because he is in the priomh club does that mean he gets to jump the 1500 Q waiting on prem seats?

armaghniac

QuotePrecient comments from McKenna in 2008:

"The Hogan Stand side comes up for renewal in 2010

In fairness the whole economic landscape of the country changed profoundly between 2008 and 2010, demand for many products and services has dropped greatly.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

donelli

The price of the premium ticket has went up 63% in the last 10 years?

as a matter of interest...anyone recall the price of an ordinary all ireland final ticket in 2000? I'd guess the difference from a 2000 to 2010 would be even greater.

David McKeown

Ive been going to a specific level premium seat for about 80-90% of the matches played in croke park (including football and rugby) for about 5 years.  Its a pretty good seat between the 60 metre line and half way on the Canal side.  In that time which would be more than 50 games I can't ever remember the same people within 10 of me in any direction and I have a good head for faces.  It always without fail seems to be different people.  Always made me wonder who exactly buys premier tickets that you never see the same people twice.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

seafoid

How many of the builders had corporate boxes?
It's interesting to see how the names of the jersey sponsors
have changed with the fortunes of the economy.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: David McKeown on August 16, 2010, 02:18:29 AM
Ive been going to a specific level premium seat for about 80-90% of the matches played in croke park (including football and rugby) for about 5 years.  Its a pretty good seat between the 60 metre line and half way on the Canal side.  In that time which would be more than 50 games I can't ever remember the same people within 10 of me in any direction and I have a good head for faces.  It always without fail seems to be different people.  Always made me wonder who exactly buys premier tickets that you never see the same people twice.

A lot of companies would have a few premium level seats that they would share around between their customers/prospective clients, etc. Might explain it...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Plain of the Herbs

Just rooted out the stub of my ticket from the 2000 All-ireland Final and a seat in section 703 cost IR£32.
Quote from: donelli on August 16, 2010, 12:48:59 AM

as a matter of interest...anyone recall the price of an ordinary all ireland final ticket in 2000? I'd guess the difference from a 2000 to 2010 would be even greater.

donelli

Quote from: Plain of the Herbs on August 16, 2010, 07:28:40 PM
Just rooted out the stub of my ticket from the 2000 All-ireland Final and a seat in section 703 cost IR£32.
Quote from: donelli on August 16, 2010, 12:48:59 AM

IR32 is approx. EUR40. This years AI is EUR70 i presume... which is an increase of 75%....
maybe the premium holders are doing alright only getting a 63% increase in 10 years!!!!

paddypastit

Don't think an Upper Tier ticket would be €70 - Lower yes but Upper more like €55?
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

spuds

Think only place where tickets are cheaper is in the Hill/Nally stand area, all others are same price.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

David McKeown

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 16, 2010, 02:03:36 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on August 16, 2010, 02:18:29 AM

A lot of companies would have a few premium level seats that they would share around between their customers/prospective clients, etc. Might explain it...

Yeah but they must be fairly large companies that you never see the same person twice.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner