Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

If the player in question did indeed get a straight red card for the alleged offence, would the suspension of four weeks have applied to Antrim as well as his club? 

Still, not as bad as playing while suspended.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

The Real SlimShady

Quote from: saffron sam2 on June 04, 2007, 03:12:00 PM
If the player in question did indeed get a straight red card for the alleged offence, would the suspension of four weeks have applied to Antrim as well as his club? 

ffs, Sam, I'll ask since nobody else has picked up on your un-subtle hints.... who played while suspended?

NICSSA

If a player receives a suspension of up to 4 weeks he is still free to still play his county, anything over 4 weeks he is suspended from both club and county

saffron sam2

Quote from: hardstation on June 04, 2007, 03:36:39 PM
QuoteIf the player in question did indeed get a straight red card for the alleged offence, would the suspension of four weeks have applied to Antrim as well as his club?
???Why would it not??

Quote from: NICSSA on June 04, 2007, 03:53:08 PM
If a player receives a suspension of up to 4 weeks he is still free to still play his county, anything over 4 weeks he is suspended from both club and county

This answers hardstation's question I hope.

Quote from: The Real SlimShady on June 04, 2007, 03:42:29 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on June 04, 2007, 03:12:00 PM

ffs, Sam, I'll ask since nobody else has picked up on your un-subtle hints.... who played while suspended?

Can't give a name, but like I said before this incident tells me that we're not ALL SAINTS  in Antrim.  Yash told me about it - they were playing against the team in question.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

NAG

Therreal slimshandy

I was at the game and I know exactly what I saw and Im not colour blind or stupid, so whats your agenda in this?

The truth will always out.

Maximus Marillius

Come on Slim, don't be dishonest...the truth is out there!

culchy1

Get over it ffs, would yous all rather that antrim played derry without their best player?

Was just reading paddy heaneys column, you get some real arrogant bastards doing stewards and turnstiles at matches.

2 winners of tickets courtesy of the irish news were turned away from the game on sunday, because they were told their tickets were forgeries!

coome on for feck sake, its not like it was the champions league final , mind u derry fans are as bad as liverpool fans, no one likes us we don't care !! lol  ;D

The Real SlimShady

Quote from: culchy1 on June 05, 2007, 10:48:44 AM
Get over it ffs, would yous all rather that antrim played derry without their best player?

Was just reading paddy heaneys column, you get some real arrogant bastards doing stewards and turnstiles at matches.

2 winners of tickets courtesy of the irish news were turned away from the game on sunday, because they were told their tickets were forgeries!

coome on for feck sake, its not like it was the champions league final , mind u derry fans are as bad as liverpool fans, no one likes us we don't care !! lol  ;D

too right, they weren't allowing anyone out to get a bite to eat or they'd have to pay in again! Ignorant hoors who wouldnt attend a club game.

saying that, i got in for nothing thanks to one of said men  :)

Ethan Edwards

The minor game was a very one-sided affair.

Are Derry that good a side?

Are Antrim that bad?

Or is O'Prey the tool that JohnJoe says he is?
That'll Be The Day

johnjoe

Ethan, my thoughts on that are well known, but as a manager I know how raw defeat can be, and i wouldnt want to be putting the boot into anyone at this time.

i would have preferred to have put up a credit worthy performance at least, but two scores from play in an hour is not good in anyones book. I`d say the powers that be will have their own questions to ponder, and I know they will deal with it as they see fit.

I`d be well impressed with Mc Sparrans ability to make hard calls, and trust his judgement on this one.

Antrim Football needs the very very best coaches/personell, from u-14 to u-21, the development journey, and this would be a priority for us all. But now is not the time or place for recriminations.

culchy1

antrim minors just didnt turn up on sunday.
they couldnt do the simple things and the conditions cant be used as excuse because it was the same for both teams.
they couldnt hold onto the ball, couldnt pick it up first time and they couldnt get out in front of their men.
the defence done ok considering they were under seige, but the forwards were woeful.

at the start i thought they half back line and midfield fannied about with the ball too long before putting it into the forwards, but the forwards werent showing and werent interested.

mcdooooowell who have you managed b4 apart from sean stinsons u12's or u14's.
i know ur interested in motorbikes did you managed any of the dunlops, joey or rab! :)

NAG

Name and shame the seniors who had to re arrange their flights for america from last monday to next because of the match being rained off?

who are they all, I personally think they are cheating the whole county with this attitude.

The Real SlimShady

NAG, you're a bit of a gossip monger aren't you with all this name and shame malarkey. May i point out that I have your e-mail address and if theres any more of yer oul shite I'll be naming-and shaming you.

:)

Maximus Marillius

Slim does it not get up your nose to the extent that you loose respect for players who have planned to go to the states. In their minds they have excepted defeat...and that after all is the first battle that has to be won if winning in the championship is what a footballer wants to achieve. If players have done this why do they deserve to be shown respect. if you were offered the chance to play in the championship for Antrim, would you not jump at the chance, change your entire life to allow you make the best of that opportunity.

NAG

Therealslimshady

do you think this is right for antrim footballers to book to go to america a day after their first round game?

what does this say about their attitude?

or maybe you agree with them?