Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus Marillius

Slim, do you know where Johnjoe is from, between Antrim and football and Derry he seems to go to a lot of footie, even in Arboe last week?

SlimShady

i do indeed Max, not only where he is from but I've had a pint with him  ;)

though he may have been drinking orange and didn't buy me one.

Maximus Marillius

Well Slim prey tell what club he is from...thats all I want to know

SlimShady

I wouldnt be divulging such info Max, not since you and yer cohorts outed me a while back!!!

Maximus Marillius

Slim, I had nothing to do with it, to be absolutely honest I do not have a clue who you are, even if some suggested what ur role in the team was, I haven't a clue, i never even went to the Clontribret game, it was all a wind up on my part. I would not know if I met ye...seriously

SlimShady

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on March 20, 2007, 02:05:28 PM
Slim, I had nothing to do with it, to be absolutely honest I do not have a clue who you are, even if some suggested what ur role in the team was, I haven't a clue, i never even went to the Clontribret game, it was all a wind up on my part. I would not know if I met ye...seriously

Yeah you would  ;)

but if johnjoe wants to share with you its up to him, it isnt rocket science either!!!

hitzelsperger

come on slim tell us all, mick magill especially wants to know who he is  :D

SlimShady

Mick knows!! of that i am certain.

hitzelsperger

well let us know then, magill tore his head off yet?

johnjoe

This Magill thing lads, look I made a comment about Mick that didnt sit too easily. Something along the lines of the most talented footballer in the county ( major compliment) followed by a question mark about his committment and dedication etc.

I wish when I was 24. that I had half of Micks ability and physique, etc, and he still is in a position to influence that. If he takes offence at me discussing this on an open forum like this, then as I said before he was in a brilliant position to prove me, and any other doubters wrong.

Two facts still exist. One, Magill can still be the best if he has the desire to do so, and Two, his removal from Jodys squad had absolutely nothing to do with me. Hopefully he will be a success with the hurlers and if so it will be footballs loss.

Now, if Michael has a problem with that, and he obviously knows my identity, I am happy to discuss it in a sensible way, because Antrim still need him doing his stuff. Or maybe he wants to channel his energy in taking my head off for trying to do him a favour!

milltown row

All pretty petty at the minute lads, ripping peoples heads off for a bit of slagging

SlimShady

petty indeed, and it got boring a brave while ago!!

hitzelsperger

magill is class act as we all know, oozes talent! hopefully he gets into a bit of nick for the summer and does the job on the field, put all his doubters to rest!

hightower

RE;Johnjoe.
1-K Mc Gourty hasn't proved it at county level and a liability(fermanagh game 2006)
2-Micko hasn't proved it at club level,goes missing in the big games-2005 semi,2006 final
3-G O'Boyle,Cargin proved they could win a championship playing better as a team without him
4- CJ Mc Gourty,while a good footballer an awful attitude to goading other players(hence G Bell clipping a few weeks ago)won't get off with at county level or the states

Ethan Edwards

Hightower

3 of the 4 players you mentioned, with young CJ being the exception, would surely be automatic selections for Jody if they came onboard and towed the line, IMO Antrim would be a better team with them than without them, they may have attitudes but to question their talent, is unfounded
That'll Be The Day