Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culchy1

anyone for the turning on of the lights ceremony!!

we will do well to get something out of the match, interesting to see what team is picked.

SlimShady

i'll be there culchy, you can buy me a pint before (or after it) the game, i allow you.

aontroim abu

definitely going. after all the fuss about the lights this is one occasion i wont miss. and i hear there will be a game on as well

Ethan Edwards

has the antrim team V meath been announced
That'll Be The Day

culchy1

wont be announced til just before throw-in, apparently!

Ethan Edwards

very cloak and dagger stuff, are they worried that they might give meath an advantage by declaring the team early  :-\
That'll Be The Day

culchy1

typical toome man slim, tight as bedamned. :D

who do you's play in ulster league this weekend?
was talking to a fella from the screen, he says they'll takes you's no bother when yous meet, i begged to differ with him!
he thought you's wud be crap without ur county men.

SlimShady

they may well beat us, we arent taking the competition seriously at all, the management are using it to play a lot of boys they didnt see much of last year and other lads who they have never seen at senior level. to be honest, its only glorified friendly matches, thats all.

we play Derrylaughan on Sunday 1pm in Toome.

Ethan Edwards

Slim , have Cargin found these matches worhwhile, I know yous are taking them as friendly's and blooding new talent, that fine , but doesnt it make for a long season for the regular 1st teamers, will it not take its toll on them later in the season, it seemed to do that wilth creggan last year, started off flying then died away mid season
That'll Be The Day

SlimShady

Quote from: Ethan Edwards on February 09, 2007, 12:27:28 PM
Slim , have Cargin found these matches worhwhile, I know yous are taking them as friendly's and blooding new talent, that fine , but doesnt it make for a long season for the regular 1st teamers, will it not take its toll on them later in the season, it seemed to do that wilth creggan last year, started off flying then died away mid season

:D ;D

We've only played one game and it wont be taking its toll, we're training slowly. Dont worry about us Ethan (Max), we'll be grand come mid season.

Ethan Edwards

Slim , you'll have to get over this max thing, I bet "you think about him 24/7" to quote The Real Slim Shady,

He must have f**ked up yer head, maybe its the loughshore air
That'll Be The Day

aontroim

Have just been send a copy of the CCC proposals for 2007.

Most rumblings on here look to be true enough with hurling leagues starting on Wednesday 18th April - wed evenings for the first SEVEN! games then switching to Sundays in July.

Div 4,5,6 football starts fairly early (11th March) and Div 1,2,3 starts 15th April

CoolHandLuke

Aontroim, does it give provisional dates on the CCC proposals for senior club football championship games first and second rounds?

theskull1

I've removed hurling from the title of this thread for obvious reasons
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

aontroim

Quote from: CoolHandLuke on February 09, 2007, 02:14:41 PM
Aontroim, does it give provisional dates on the CCC proposals for senior club football championship games first and second rounds?

From what i can decipher it looks like;

SFC

1st Rnd - 29th July
2nd Rnd - 12th August

IFC/JFC

1st Rnd - 21/22th July
2nd Rnd - 1st August (IFC only)
3rd rnd - 18th August