Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glensman

We're not making excuses Max at this stage...when is this little section of emails that you decided to wind us all up were we making excuses?

Debate has been had as to players missing (some America bound, some hurling, some other reasons). Debate has been had as to the merits of Jody etc.
As Antrim fans we are entitled to do that with each other - its a discussion board.
There has been no direct talk so far as I am aware of the problems in Belfast with getting the population into the GAA. So your point about the comparison with Derry is null and void. Personally I'd love to see more hurling/gaelic in derry city but you make it very hard for me to firmly believe that.

We know we're crap...some come on and lay it on the line and say we are crap and need to get structures sorted, others have a slightly more romantic view of things in that maybe we can do it...year after year. That is their prerogative.

What we don't need is some outsider coming in and slabbering about people saying "maybe this year guys" in a sarcastic fashion and saying we are from a shithole.

I am proud to be from this shithole and if we could only keep what slight momentum we have going....sigerson players, club in an all ireland final, a sensible manager, large club antrim draws etc...there might be something in it.

So there you have it...you may have wound me up. I only pray we beat you in the CShip.
I am off to drink my first beer of the evening quicker than I would've before writing this email (and get my blood pressure checked)

Have a good weekend boys - up the Antrim teams in the Ulster league.

Maximus Marillius

Good man Glensman, enjoy yer beer and have a good weekend...for what its worth I would actually like Antrim to have a successful county team, I think that it would really do all us the world of good..so no hard feelings, I just enjoy the craic...but you can expect more slagging...make no mistake ;) :D

Gold

Anyone know all the results from last nights u-21 games??
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Mhic Easmuint

From the Antrim Website:

St. Johns  2-6 2-8 Cargin 
Glenravel  0-9 1-6 St. Teresas 
Tir na Nog  0-7 3-16 St. Pauls 
Davitts  3-9 1-12 Creggan Kickhams 
Moneyglass  1-14 1-15 Dunloy 
St. Brigids B 4-17 0-4 Sarsfields 
Ahoghill  3-10 0-5 All Saints

saffronman

any results from todays division 1 and 2 games?

aontroim

QuoteI take it that the B beside St. Brigids is a mis print on the Antrim website.
No it is short for St. Brigid's Belfast - as there is also St. Brigid's Cloughmills.

Sunday 15th April 2007
Antrim Division 1 Football

Lamh Dhearg  0-9 1-11 Portglenone
Moneyglass  1-14 2-12 St. Johns
St. Galls  3-15 1-0 Dunloy
Gort Na Mona  1-6 1-6 St. Pauls
Creggan Kickhams  2-8 0-13 Cargin ;) The Mickey Moran Factor Slim? What happened?

Antrim Division 2 Football
Glenravel  3-9 1-8 Mc Dermotts
Aghagallon  1-13 3-11 All Saints
Rasharkin  1-16 1-8 Sarsfields
Rossa  1-12 1-9 St. Endas
Davitts  1-6 2-12 St. Brigids B

Antrim Division 3 Football

Tir na Nog  0-9 1-13 Glenavy
Lamh Dhearg 2 0-4 2-16 Ahoghill
St. Galls 2 3-1 0-9 St. Teresas
Ardoyne  3-16 3-7 St. Johns 2

Antrim Division 4 Football

St. Malachys  2-6 0-12 Cargin 3
Rasharkin 2 4-4 2-13 St. Agnes
Rossa 2 0-9 1-15 Eire Og

Antrim Division 5 Football

Sarsfields 2 3-13 2-13 Glenavy 2
Ardoyne 2 1-10 1-11 Davitts 2
Aghagallon 2 0-14 0-7 Antrim
O Donnells  - - Lisburn  O Donnells Not Played
St. Galls 3 2-11 1-9 St. Brigids 2

Antrim Division 6 Football

Portglenone 2 2-10 1-7 Ballycastle
Ahoghill 2 2-9 4-16 Dunloy 2
Creggan Kickhams 2 0-12 0-14 Aldergrove 2
Moneyglass 2 2-9 0-7 Tir na Nog 2
Glenravel 2 0-9 0-5 All Saints 2

Glensman

And I look forward to the slagging Max.
The beers went down well.

Some result for Creggan - anyone at it? A report?
Also a great result for Portglenone.

Guillem2

I watched a bit of ST Malachy's draw with Cargin yesterday in Cherryvale. The game was brutal. Was that you in the Cargin nets Slim?
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Ethan Edwards

Slim. has the green machine come off the rails already,  :D :D
That'll Be The Day

SlimShady

Green Machine is off the rails, Creggan are now red hot favs for the championship, get your house on them. They outplayed us all over the park and all they need to worry about now is St Galls.

Creggan for championship.

guillem- i wasnt playing in any game at the weekend. that was our 3rd team playing St Mals, we fielded 3 teams on sunday at 3pm.

Maximus Marillius

Well Slim what happened... Creggan..after winning the county title last season I am sure ye did not want to lose your first game this season to the foe

SlimShady

of course we didnt want to lose, we never want to lose and yes, especially to Creggan. Perhaps we underestimated them, i dunno. they played some nice football on that wee pitch of theirs. they'll win there fair share of games and most games in Creggan. however, that said- on a bigger pitch they wont win as many imo.

no excuses though, they beat us fair and square.

and as i said before- they are now 2nd Favs for the Championship- toals have the odds up-

St Galls 6/4
Creggan 2/1
Cargin 3/1
Lamh Dhearg 9/2
St Pauls 6/1
Rasharkin 13/2
Portglenone 50/1

Maximus Marillius

Have they been under achieving, because they have not been in the shake up for a while?