?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Carmen Stateside

Missed peno for Celtic!!
Barry Robson the culprit, actually looking at it again not a bad save although it was pretty close to him.

Archie Mitchell

Fortune with a rocket to win it. 3 great goals by Celtic today.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Great result, fantastic goals from Aidaniho and Fortuné (hopefully that will give him a good bit of confidence and he'll start producing). Aidaniho playing out of his skin at the minute, long may it continue.
Tbc....

The Worker

Anyone know a website were i can see the highlights?

Myles Na G.

What is it with Celtic and penalties? Crap record recently.

Main Street

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Hopefully a wee gem.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8410693.stm

Ki clinches four-year Celtic deal 

South Korean Ki Sung-Yong has signed a contract with Celtic "for up to four years", the club has confirmed.

The midfielder will join the Scottish Premier League leaders on 1 January after being granted a work permit.

Ki said: "I am absolutely delighted to sign for Celtic, a football club with a tremendous history and one which is known throughout the world."

Manager Tony Mowbray stressed: "We are sure he is a player who has the potential to make an impact at Celtic."

Ki, who leaves FC Seoul, is expected to join up with Mowbray's squad for training towards the end of December and could make his debut in the second Old Firm match of the season on 3 January.

He is a young man, but someone who we believe has the ability and character to do well for the club

Celtic manager Tony Mowbray
"I know that Celtic has some of the best supporters in the world and I will be doing all I can to show these fans what I can do and give everything as part of a team which will aim to achieve more and more success," Ki told Celtic's official website.

"When I lived in Australia, my football coach there was a Celtic supporter and, through him, I really became interested in the club.

"It is now a dream come true for me to join this great club - already, Celtic has shown me a tremendous welcome and I really do now feel part of the Celtic family.

"I look forward to teaming up with my new manager and team-mates and I will be working hard towards achieving all I can for Celtic."

Recently named Asian young player of the year, 20-year-old Ki featured in all of South Korea's qualification games en route to reaching next year's World Cup finals in South Africa and has scored four goals in 18 appearances for his country.
Mowbray added: "We have watched the player in action already and believe that he has some real qualities.

"He is a young man but someone who we believe has the ability and character to do well for the club.

"We will be doing all we can to ensure that he can fulfil his potential at Celtic."

Tbc....

sammymaguire

Flood set to leave Celtic
Monday, 14 December 2009 09:31
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/1214/floodw.html

Willo Flood is set to leave Celtic on loan next month after admitting his dream move to Parkhead has failed to work out.

And Flood, 24, believes that could pave the way for a summer switch as he bids to kick-start a career that has stalled for the past year.

Irish midfielder Flood joined boyhood idols Celtic in January - after spending 18 months on loan at Dundee United from Cardiff - but has started just two games since then.

He has not featured at all since September and told The Evening Herald: 'I think it's fair to say that me moving to Celtic has not gone according to plan.

'At the time, it was the chance of a lifetime and the chance to join a club like Celtic, where you could win things and play in the Champions League. It was not something I could turn down, but it hasn't turned out the way I wanted it.

'I'm not involved, I'm not featuring and at this stage of my career I need to be playing regularly.'

Flood, who has 18 months left on his contract at Celtic, added: 'They will decide what I do, but it's best that I go out on loan, at least, and see what happens then.

'I've spoken to Tony Mowbray about it and he's been great with me. He's one of the most honest people I've met in football, he hasn't messed me around in any way.

'He says it would be best for me to go out on loan next month, get some games in and get my sharpness back and we'll assess things again in the summer.'

Meanwhile, Celtic have been linked with a January move for Blackburn's Morten Gamst Pedersen.

And the Norway midfielder, whose Ewood Park contract expires in the summer, has described the Hoops as 'a big club' with the attraction of European football.

The 28-year-old said: 'Lots of people care about the club. The fact they play regularly in Europe is a bonus.

'I have never played in the Champions League and it is something I have always dreamed of.'

Blackburn have been in negotiations over extending Pedersen's contract but he has recently found himself out of the side.

He added: 'I have no influence over the contract negotiations. My agent Rune Hauge takes care of all that.'

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

charlieTully

briefs secured for the old firm jan 3rd, first game this season due to severe clampdown by ball and chain, cant fuckin wait.

T Fearon

According to the Daily Ranger, Strachan wants Mc Donald, Caldwell and Robson at Middlesbro in January, and has been quoted £4m for mc Donald alone. What do you think, it would be hard to turn money like that, though losing all three at once would pose problems as there are no guarantees that they woud be replaced with similar, never mind better, quality players

Archie Mitchell

Could do no worse than get Pedersen and McCarthy in from Blackburn in January. Pedersen wants to come, out of contract in summer so could get on the cheap, and McCarthy cant get a game and will be wanting to make a push for the World Cup.

wallyman

I would take Pederson and McCarthy, and sell McGeady.

Main Street

Isn't McCarthy nearing the end of his playing days?

He would be just a short term signing for a team in an emergency.

The Worker

Quote from: wallyman on December 15, 2009, 09:30:40 PM
I would take Pederson and McCarthy, and sell McGeady.

Why sell Mc Geady? he has been our best player by far this season, and looks to be improving more under mowbray..