Total Members Voted: 69

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: TheGreatRambo on November 17, 2009, 04:44:22 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 17, 2009, 04:02:52 PM
Stumbled across this website today.

http://sweepingsince1888.blogspot com
http://sweepingsince1888.blogspot.com/

U missed a dot!!!!!

Nearly stopped when I read Rod Liddles name, but glad I carried on, what a horrible site populated by horrible people

Rod Liddle, sure he's the guy who left his wife for a young one... © Eamo
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Archie Mitchell

How bad are Celtic that 1) Gary Caldwell is playing and 2) Gary Caldwell is captain.

I have never seen a more clueless performance that his in the 1st half v Dundee United today. Time after time for Dundee Uniteds kickouts he just charges through and goes for the header taking his own players that are going for it, as well as taking out the Dundee United man. What summed him up was when Celtic had a free kick just outside the box in a central position. Robson was for taking it but you could see Caldwell arguing to take it. Kept arguing away and as Robson took a few steps back, Caldwell took a quick free out to the left and nothing came of it. Never seen worse in my life, especially from a captain and he has the cheek to try to hold Celtic to ransom for a new contract.

Also Fortune is equally as bad. He makes Samaras look like Messi.

ONeill

Watching it too and it's depressing to see how badly the standards have fallen. Celtic barely better than Dundee Utd.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: TheGreatRambo on November 17, 2009, 04:44:22 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 17, 2009, 04:02:52 PM
Stumbled across this website today.

http://sweepingsince1888.blogspot com
http://sweepingsince1888.blogspot.com/

U missed a dot!!!!!

Nearly stopped when I read Rod Liddles name, but glad I carried on, what a horrible site populated by horrible people

Terrible article.  No facts, nothing, just biased opinion.  And he gets paid for this shite, I despair.  :(

Galwaybhoy

Late goal finishes off Celtic.  Poor defending for both goals.  Important points dropped.

Carmen Stateside

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

longrunsthefox

Talk in Sunday paper that Liverpool and Everton are looking at McGinn. Last month I heard from good source Newcastle  and WBA had made enquiries.  It is a pity that lad didn't declare for the Republic as he could have. 

charlieTully

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on November 22, 2009, 02:29:22 PM
Late goal finishes off Celtic.  Poor defending for both goals.  Important points dropped.

its getting beyond a joke now. caldwell is terrible. it was very hasty lending out darren o'dea, time to bring him back, some serious moves needed in the transfer window, as for fortune, he makes the greek look class. it very hard to be optimistic now, the last thing you want to do is slag the team you support but this is bad.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Celtic have dropped 10 points in 6 matches and first time Dundee Utd have beaten them in a decade in the league!

Have to for once agree with Shane, standards at Paradise have dropped some much it is depressing.
Tbc....

rossie mad

Couldnt get to watch this had a family do to attend.
Wasnt shocked when i heard the result but when i found out the way we lost the match was disgusted.

We really are letting a poor rangers side into a title race as well as hibs and dundee utd.

I am in the tony mowbray camp but i believe he is getting to the end of a short rope.
Another loss or two especially against the likes of falkirk or kilmarnock and he is in the soup.

Firmly believe he should sell at least five or six senior players of the current squad.
Top of my list is caldwell,boruc,skippy,brown,wilson,robson,samaras.
Caldwell,robson and wilson simply cause i dont think they are good enough.Could sell them to a championship side or lower premier league side.although i could see robson and wilson staying in the SPL possibly going to hearts or back to tannadice.

Lucky to raise half a million for the three.

Id sell boruc cause i think Zaluska is just as good and selling boruc could raise around 3-4 million.

Id sell skippy and brown cause they seem to have lost confidence and are being courted by several premiership sides.I thought brown would be a revelation after his previous experience at hibs with mowbray but if anything he has gone back miles.Possible proceeds around 7-8 million between the two.

The Greek can be sold cause in my eyes he brings nothing to the side.Trys his best in fairness but no end product in my eyes.

Maybe get around a million

That clear out does three things

it freshens up the squad and gets the rest of the lads on their toes.
It releases a sizeable wage fund.
It raises approximately 11 million in transfer funds.

Try and sign a good standard player preferably a creative midfielder/striker type player for a round 6 million.
Sign three to four of the brighest young players from the SPL/championship and give them a baptism of fire.
Make a few loan signings as well.

I think that mowbray should be given till the end of season unless we totally flop ie finish behind hibs in the league or lose another couple of league games in the next few weeks.

Some of ye might think that a clear like i proposed will leave the squad fragile but i believe these lads just dont have the spirit any more and it could be the case that they were in their comfort zone with starchans tactics and that mowbray wants them playing football now and they seem to be rebelling against the change.
Bit like brian clough and the leeds utd situation in the film the damned utd.
However not comparing either managers or sides just the situations.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Need a big clear out in Jan alright Rossie.
Tbc....

rossie mad

i really believe so GDA. its been very frustrating the last two months especially as it looked like it was going to be a good year in the first few weeks.

i cant understand why we are losing the games we are.
i mean against dundee utd sunday we should have closed out the game.
its not the first time we have dropped points this season after taking the lead.

we are now involved in a dogfight involving three teams and are seriously under pressure if we drop points in the next four weeks.

i believe hibs and dundee utd are the form teams in the spl at the moment and they seem to be getting points out of games that a few years ago they would have lost.

i want to see at least 10 points from our next four games before we have the next old firm game which could have a bearing on the season as psychologically the winners would have a big win half way through a season where both sides have been poor.

i think its abeerden at the weekend is that correct?
if so a tough ask but very winnable in paradise

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Heard a rumour last night that Caldwell, Brown and McDonald are trying to lead a dressing room revolt against Mowbray.
Tbc....

Dannymcfella

Rosse Mad, agree with a lot of what your saying but for me I feel your entire post has been massively let down, to the extent that if I was a mod I would have it deleted and possibly ban you from the site,  due to the fact that you did not even mention getting rid of McManus. He is so bad he makes Caldwell look like Paolo Maldini