?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Celtic minded maybe?

No use getting a manager who would jump at the job from a distance and who would accept any terms.
You need someone who Celtic would be fortunate to get and would hand over a truck load of cash for the transfer market as an enticement for such a manager..

T Fearon

Wondering why ex Celtic player John Hughes has not been mentioned? Has saved Falkirk from relegation, won a massive match under huge pressure at the weekend, and has taken the bairns to the Scottish Cup Final, all on a shoestring budget. I'd have him before the likes of Mc Ghee etc

lfdown2

dont understand this celtic minded bs (not so much on here) after all jansen and venglos were hardly 'celtic minded' personally none of the scot/eng managers would fill me with optimism, a european manager would be my preference perhaps bilic, we have to get out of this buying mediocre english and scotish footballers, there are plenty of very good european footballers who would look at celtic at least as a stepping stone which if we got a couple of years out of them would be fine with me, personally i think a major clean out is required though realistically this would be difficult to achieve in the 8 weeks until the european qualifiers, but at least for the start of the season, i would say naka is gone, boruc may go with 2 keepers coming in, we need a couple of defenders, a couple of central midfielders and 2 strikers, skippy is decent back up, worst case scenario we should be giving the europa cup a good rattle and personally i think that is the best option at this stage!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Martin Jol got the Ajax job, off the list, will replace with John Hughes.
Tbc....

illdecide

I was just thinking of one guy there "Mr Larsson" and was wondering if he was going to dip his toe into management but i just listened to him there on the BBC web site he was commenting on the champions league final tonight and he's still playing away and says he as fit as ever and will continue to play as long as possible WTF the man's going to be playing when he's 45...

I think Larsson would be a good manager (when he decides to quit playing). Very intelligent guy with more experience than most and has morals, also think he'd be ruthless with hanger-on's. The type of guy we'd need
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: illdecide on May 27, 2009, 10:44:06 AM
I was just thinking of one guy there "Mr Larsson" and was wondering if he was going to dip his toe into management but i just listened to him there on the BBC web site he was commenting on the champions league final tonight and he's still playing away and says he as fit as ever and will continue to play as long as possible WTF the man's going to be playing when he's 45...

I think Larsson would be a good manager (when he decides to quit playing). Very intelligent guy with more experience than most and has morals, also think he'd be ruthless with hanger-on's. The type of guy we'd need

STV seem to agree with you illdecide.

http://sport.stv.tv/home/98891-larsson-returns-to-scotland-and-celtic/
Tbc....

slow corner back

Quote from: T Fearon on May 27, 2009, 09:03:13 AM
Wondering why ex Celtic player John Hughes has not been mentioned? Has saved Falkirk from relegation, won a massive match under huge pressure at the weekend, and has taken the bairns to the Scottish Cup Final, all on a shoestring budget. I'd have him before the likes of Mc Ghee etc

John Hughes has done well at Falkirk, apparantly has some link up with Arsene Wenger and picked up some of Arsenals excess kids on loan. Remember Antony Stokes scoring 17 before Christmas a few years back? I heard though that the Falkirk supporters trust had written to the football club asking them to get rid of Hughes before the Inverness game, great loyal supporters there. As far as I am aware this is Falkirks longest run in the SPL so Hughes has some, minor achievement to claim. If he beats the huns on Saturady sign him up!!

illdecide

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 27, 2009, 11:27:34 AM
Quote from: illdecide on May 27, 2009, 10:44:06 AM

STV seem to agree with you illdecide.

http://sport.stv.tv/home/98891-larsson-returns-to-scotland-and-celtic/

I seriously didn't see or read that before my post. I just feel Larsson would not accept guys that were not going at it full tilt and would soon ship out dead wood. He'd have some excellent contacts and the Celtic fans would accept him with open arms.

As for who i want to get the job now, i would go for Coyle as my 1st choice. He reminds me of O'Neill in a way, he seems to be a very good motivator and has guys punching above their weight like MON did and also is well respected by his players
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

Main Street

Owen Coyle out to evens on PP.

A surefire dampner.

the colonel

clyde 1 reporting that Celtic have talked to Coyle, he is weighing up the offer and compensation has yet to be agreed with the 2 clubs
the difference between success and failure is energy

Main Street

5 minutes later Owen Coyle back into 8/15.
news travels fast.

saffron sam2

Jim Magilton and Paul Lambert being bandied about here.

Arguably, a step up for both.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet