Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

the green man

A Celtic fan was allegedly attacked outside Parkhead after the game by a man with a machete

Over the Bar

Celtic won what they deserved this season.  At least Rangers had a half decent striker in their squad.

Can't see WGS getting the boot. Who is there to take the job?  He's the perfect low budget manager for a low budget squad.  The board are getting the value for money they set out to get.

tyroneman

Quote'We say to Rangers well done. We say well done to Walter, the coaching staff and their players.

'We know how difficult it is. You may think it's easy, a doddle, but it's not easy to win championships. We congratulate them.

'I'm sure we'll give them a run for their money next year. We think we can win with dignity and we can lose with dignity, so that is it done.

If this is genuinely what Strachan said it beggars belief.

A few thoiughts:

9 Games against Hearts and Dundee Utd - we fail to win in 7
If the SPL started in January - we would have finished 4th
Strachan got to the knockout CL games with the same points total as O'Neill who missed out through bad luck.

The only thing that saved Strachan was the winning of league titles. No matter how poor we were on the pitch this was forgiven by the masses as another SPL was annexed

the board will roll over for him at will since he reduced the wages bill.

One can only hope he has the decency to go...now.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Over the Bar on May 25, 2009, 12:16:45 AM
Celtic won what they deserved this season.  At least Rangers had a half decent striker in their squad.

Can't see WGS getting the boot. Who is there to take the job?  He's the perfect low budget manager for a low budget squad.  The board are getting the value for money they set out to get.

Hopefully Burnley get beaten tonight and Owen Coyle gets the Celtic job.
Ideally Moyes (but thats wishful thinking).
Needs to be massive changes at Paradise in the summer, sooner rather then later - the only thing that gets our boards attention is money and when people start refusing to renew their season books then Dermot might sit up and take notice!

To all the real Celtic fans out there - Keep the Faith.
Tbc....

nifan

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 25, 2009, 09:56:32 AM
Hopefully Burnley get beaten tonight and Owen Coyle gets the Celtic job.

Funny when the question was asked a few pages ago who people would like to see with the celtic job the first name I thought of was Coyle. He has done a terrific job with Burnley.
even if they lose it might be a tough job to pull him away from.

cavan4ever

Sunderland are lining up Celtic manager Gordon Strachan to replace Ricky Sbragia, who resigned as Black Cats boss on Sunday. (Daily Mirror)

Frank Rijkaard, Martin Jol and Slaven Bilic are also believed to be on Sunderland's shortlist to replace Sbragia. (Daily Mirror)

Gordon Strachan is poised to quit Celtic as manager, with a statement expected this week and Sunderland targeting the former Southampton boss. (The Sun)

Motherwell's Mark McGhee has emerged as favourite to succeed Gordon Strachan as Celtic manager. (The Sun)

But Burnley's Owen Coyle, West Brom's Tony Mowbray and former West Ham manager Alan Curbishley will also feature on Celtic's shortlist. (The Sun)

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Wouldn't be too fussed on McGhee or Mowbrey (don't think he's a runner after his comments re Celtic not being fit for the EPL), was thinking that Sunderland may come in for the ginger one after staying up.

Thing about Coyle is that although he never played for the Celts, he has been a die hard Celtic fan all his life.

Have added a poll to see who people think the next manager will be, if I've left anyone out you think has a chance then let me know and they will be added.
Tbc....

cavan4ever

Do u think that Bilic would be interested, it would take a promise of alot of money to invest for him to go for it.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: cavan4ever on May 25, 2009, 10:58:09 AM
Do u think that Billic would be interested?

He was mentioned for the job before WGS got it.
Tbc....

cavan4ever

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 25, 2009, 10:59:02 AM

You were very quick in replying i edited my post. 

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: cavan4ever on May 25, 2009, 10:59:52 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 25, 2009, 10:59:02 AM

You were very quick in replying i edited my post. 

problem we will have in attracting any manager of repute will be no money to invest and the possibility of no CL football.
Tbc....

dublinfella

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 25, 2009, 11:03:20 AM

problem we will have in attracting any manager of repute will be no money to invest and the possibility of no CL football.

Thats exactly it. If Coyle gets Burnley into the EPL, he will want a crack at it.

Just when you thought Sunderland could not become any more disfunctional, they want Strachan? Idiiots.

nifan

Are there any players likely to follow Strachan if he does move to the SPL?
Obviously McGeady wont be his biggest fan, but what about the likes of Brown?

Typically managers like to take the odd familiar face - ONeill and Petrov for example.

Square Ball

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on May 25, 2009, 11:37:13 AM
WGS (someone please break out the full title of this abbreviation)

Wee Gordon Strachan me thinks
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

dublinfella

Quote from: nifan on May 25, 2009, 11:35:37 AM
Are there any players likely to follow Strachan if he does move to the SPL?
Obviously McGeady wont be his biggest fan, but what about the likes of Brown?

Typically managers like to take the odd familiar face - ONeill and Petrov for example.

Seemingly he is so unpopular in the dressingroom, its unlikely.