62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

stiffler

Quote from: JimStynes on June 18, 2008, 10:28:25 PM
Quote from: donalmac99 on June 18, 2008, 10:17:56 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on June 17, 2008, 06:07:16 PM
In a way i would have wanted lafferty at the hoops to see what sort of reaction the norn iron supporters would have give him, imagine him scoring the winner in an old firm game  ;D But the other side of me see realises he is f**king shite and is glad the huns are going to waste ther money on him. He'l be the new hate figure on the rangers team along side barry ferguson.

FFS why bring them into everything, is it an obsession?
lets just concentrate on celtic and ireland.......let the nordies get on with their own business.
if he is so shite btw then how come both of the 'Glasgow giants' wanted him so badly?
id loved to have seen him in a hooped shirt. In a way though im glad he's not for he'd have got nothing but grief from nordie obsessed bigots like yer good self, at least you can use the excuse of him being 'a hun' now. ::)

f**king dry your eyes donal, you must be a OWCer in disguise. Suppose i am an obsessed bigot, im never done slabbering about 'huns' on the board. You know f**k all about me to call me a bigot. And i stand by my opinion that lafferty is shite, i will be happy enough to hold my hand up and say i was wrong if he goes on and scores 30 goals a season for rangers. But what i have seen so far from him has been complete crap.

Quote from: mhacadoir on June 18, 2008, 04:30:25 PM
Quote from: The Corporal on June 18, 2008, 03:54:33 PM
What about your man Engelaar for Holland? He seems decent and he'd be a far better player than Sno!

apparently engelaar is lined up to a move to shalke.

i think if celtic are seriously looking at affordable players then teams like russia, croatia, poland etc, suits the scottish game better. pavlyunachenko (sp) has been mentioned a lot on the kerrydale street site, also there was word of darren bent but i seriously doubt it.

still think we need a quality left back in this summer. not really sure who tho at the moment.

Watched their game tonight, some cracking players on the russian team but dont think celtic would have the money to sign and pay the wages. Henrik unlucky with a few chances and he worked his balls off as usual. Thats bound to be him finished with Sweden now :P

Forget about him Jim, obviously a WUM.

I guess the proof will be in the pudding when it comes to young lafferty.

Personally i thought £4million was OTT for a player with his goals to games record.

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Rav67

As someone mentioned on here before, that's the price you have to pay for average players when you're looking at England, and the Championship is just as bad as the Prem for overpricing mediocrity.

Dannymcfella

Quote from: Rav67 on June 18, 2008, 11:57:00 PM
As someone mentioned on here before, that's the price you have to pay for average players when you're looking at England, and the Championship is just as bad as the Prem for overpricing mediocrity.

Exactly, thats why Celtic have had to take a chance at other SPL players eg. Riordan, Killen etc, as you have to pay well over the odds for plaers in the EPL or even the championship. Would love to see Pav at the club, he looks quality and gave us a torrid time in the qualifier this year. Hope we keep Boruc, but his performances at the EUROs would have attracted the attention of alot more clubs and perhaps will encourage the clubs already interested in him to make a move. Want him to stay but his performances may add another few mil to his value. If he did go Pletikosa would look a good replacement.
C'mon da Hoops!!

Muzz

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/7462901.stm

What about McCourt?  Happy?  I have never seen him play so I cannot comment.  I know he plays on both wings but which is his favourite?  Whats his chances of breaking into the first team?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Muzz on June 19, 2008, 12:00:06 PM

What about McCourt?  Happy?  I have never seen him play so I cannot comment.  I know he plays on both wings but which is his favourite?  Whats his chances of breaking into the first team?

Slim, he's quite a lazy sod, if he works on that then he could prove useful.
I think it's a no brainer for Celtic - sign McCourt, he would cost less then 2 months of Gravesens/Bobo's wages, then work with the lad and see how he gets on.
Tbc....

Main Street

Quote from: Rav67 on June 18, 2008, 06:14:29 PM
I had thought about Pavulckenko but thought he'd be worth upwards of £10m and one of the clubs in the top leagues would snap him up.  Would love to see him in a Celtic shirt, it would be the biggest coup in a long time, he's a fantastic striker.  Eidur Gudjohnsen's on the market for £4m apparently, would love Celtic to go for him too that would be a very ambitious move.
Pavluchenko looks good but missed a hat full of chances as well.
Maybe I am being fussy but for £10m+ you'd expect some clinical finishing.

I'd agree about Gudjonsen fitting in well into a Celtic team, his transfer fee looks reasonable but his wage demands probably will bring him to an EPL club.

Rav67

Quote from: Muzz on June 19, 2008, 12:00:06 PM

Better on the left IMO even though he's right-footed, a bit like McGeady really and is a similar style of player.  Riordan must be on his way out, McCourt will fill his place in the squad ie getting a run out in the early rounds of the league cup.

GalwayBayBoy

David Friel
CELTIC Football Club have tonight completed the signing of highly-rated Derry City winger Patrick McCourt.

The 24-year-old Northern Ireland internationalist agreed a three-year deal with the SPL champions after finalising his transfer on Thursday. He will join up with Gordon Strachan's squad for the start of pre-season training next month.

Speaking exclusively to www.celticfc.net, McCourt admitted he was overwhelmed to be given the chance to play for the club he has always supported.

"I'm thrilled and it still hasn't quite sunk in yet to be honest," he smiled, just seconds after signing on the dotted line for his beloved Hoops. "This is a dream come true for me.

"There was interest from a few clubs but as soon as I found out that Celtic were in for me, my mind was made up. I have always been a Celtic supporter and there was only one choice to make. It's an honour to join one of the biggest clubs in the world.

"It's been a whirlwind 24 hours, but I'm just delighted to get everything sorted out. To sign for this club is a dream and when I get back home tonight, it might all finally sink in. It's just been an incredible day."

McCourt, who began his career in England with Rochdale as a teenager, also had a spell with Shamrock Rovers before moving to hometown club Derry City in 2005. He has been capped by Northern Ireland at under-21 and senior level.

Comfortable on the right and left flanks, McCourt is a former FAI Young Player of the Year and earned rave reviews for his performances last season. Celtic beat off strong interest from a host of top clubs to land his signature.

McCourt said: "I'm joining one of the biggest clubs in the world. Celtic have won the SPL title three times in a row and compete in the Champions League every season. What more could you ask for?

"My first target is to get a good pre-season under my belt and then take it from there. The quality in the Celtic squad is unbelievable but I'll be trying to push my way into the manager's plans as soon as possible. I can't wait to get started."

T Fearon

Reading a great new book at the moment entitled the Inner Sanctum, all about the 1997/98 Championship winning team that stopped the 10 in a row.

Amazing how the players all stuck together under Wim's leadership (though Tosh Mc Kinlay headbutted Henke at one training session) to achieve the ultimate goal when Jock Brown and Wim weren't on speaking terms and it was no surprise Wim left and not surprisingly wee Fergus doesn't come out of it very well either

A great read and an emotional chapter dedicated to the late Phil O'Donnell as well

Mickey Linden

Quote from: T Fearon on June 25, 2008, 11:23:47 AM
Reading a great new book at the moment entitled the Inner Sanctum, all about the 1997/98 Championship winning team that stopped the 10 in a row.

Amazing how the players all stuck together under Wim's leadership (though Tosh Mc Kinlay headbutted Henke at one training session) to achieve the ultimate goal when Jock Brown and Wim weren't on speaking terms and it was no surprise Wim left and not surprisingly wee Fergus doesn't come out of it very well either

A great read and an emotional chapter dedicated to the late Phil O'Donnell as well

Where did you buy this book Tony?

T Fearon

Where I buy all my books, Amazon on line, saving loads of money. ;D

But its available also at the Celtic Shop in Belfast and I believe I also saw it last week in Easons in Newry

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on June 25, 2008, 12:00:53 PM
Where I buy all my books, Amazon on line, saving loads of money. ;D

But its available also at the Celtic Shop in Belfast and I believe I also saw it last week in Easons in Newry

Good call Tone, thats one for me to take on my holidays.  :)
Tbc....

JohnDenver

here's a sneak peak of the new home jersey if you's havent already cast your eyes on it.  Looks good.

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/celtic-home-shirt-0809-leak_1287

T Fearon

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/7483527.stm

Surprise surprise! Surely they should switch this game to Casement, as Suffolk Road won't hold a fraction of the crowd that would want to see it

Rav67

Why do you say "surprise, surprise" like you expected this to happen?