?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Itchy

Quote from: markl121 on October 12, 2022, 01:19:21 PM
The in laws are celtic season ticket holders so I've been watching a fair bit of them recently. Celtic do not have the fitness required at this level. Every single game for the last two seasons they drop off after 60 mins and often don't make subs until they're behind. . It's fine in the SPL when you'll get another ten chances in the game. In Europe you just won't. The Japanese lads have all dropped off although maeda was never really that good to begin with. There's the spine of a decent team there but upgrades are needed but doubt the board will sanction the signings as long as they remain marginally better than the rangers in the league.

The fitness issue is because of how they are pressing. Maeda if full out sprinting after defenders in 1 v 2 situations. Its not sustainable for 90 mins that way of playing. I would say celtic are very fit, just you cannot play that way for a whole match at 100%. What made it worse was Leipzig were too good on the ball and most of the pressing was in vain.

JimStynes

Celtic and Rangers trying to outdo each other now

seafoid

Shows how far off the pace the Old Firm are. Considering they got to the Europa League final last season, Rangers have fallen back a lot.

Main Street

Quote from: seafoid on October 12, 2022, 10:01:17 PM
Shows how far off the pace the Old Firm are. Considering they got to the Europa League final last season, Rangers have fallen back a lot.
It shows that there's a thin line between a team functioning well and the same team dysfunctioning. We'll see how the team and management adapts.
I had thought that Celtic gaining  third position in this group would have been a good job done but there's only a slim chance of that happening now.
Possibly a morale boosting win v Shakhtar might save some face.

seafoid

Quote from: Main Street on October 13, 2022, 12:55:27 AM
It shows that there's a thin line between a team functioning well and the same team dysfunctioning. We'll see how the team and management adapts.
I had thought that Celtic gaining  third position in this group would have been a good job done but there's only a slim chance of that happening now.
A win would be fantastic. There is a huge element of luck in the composition of these groups as well, as there is for Ireland in the Euros.
But you have to take your chances.

trailer

It's ridiculous that Celtic and Rangers are even in this competition. They simply aren't good enough. Take their chances, luck of the draw LOL. You guys are f**king deluded.

general_lee

Quote from: trailer on October 14, 2022, 03:27:54 PM
It's ridiculous that Celtic and Rangers are even in this competition. They simply aren't good enough. Take their chances, luck of the draw LOL. You guys are f**king deluded.
Who do you support?

trailer

Quote from: general_lee on October 14, 2022, 03:32:55 PM
Who do you support?

Tyrone

Orior

Quote from: trailer on October 14, 2022, 09:39:27 PM
Who do you support?

Tyrone

Good riposte, lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

screenexile

Quote from: seafoid on October 13, 2022, 11:10:50 AM
A win would be fantastic. There is a huge element of luck in the composition of these groups as well, as there is for Ireland in the Euros.

From the teams in the CL Celtic and Rangers may have a bit of a chance at home against Shakhtar/Plzen and maybe Maccabi Haifa... and that's a stretch!!

I'm not sure how much better of a draw they could have received?

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on October 14, 2022, 11:12:41 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 13, 2022, 11:10:50 AM

From the teams in the CL Celtic and Rangers may have a bit of a chance at home against Shakhtar/Plzen and maybe Maccabi Haifa... and that's a stretch!!

I'm not sure how much better of a draw they could have received?
Is there anyone asking for a better draw?  The target would have been to finish 2nd, if not 2nd then 3rd,  4th place is regarded as a failure.
I'm not sure what you expect?   

bennydorano

Celtics downfall in the CL has been our abject failure in converting chances and mucho tactical niaviety, there hasn't been a huge chasm in quality imo. Ange wants to play a certain way and thats to be admired,  a lot of the Schadenfreude is misplaced.

seafoid

Quote from: bennydorano on October 15, 2022, 07:14:56 AM
Celtics downfall in the CL has been our abject failure in converting chances and mucho tactical niaviety, there hasn't been a huge chasm in quality imo. Ange wants to play a certain way and thats to be admired,  a lot of the Schadenfreude is misplaced.
If they get back in next year they should be better

seafoid

The Champions League is all about money

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/graeme-souness-bottles-rangers-vs-27838824I
It's fantastic, Glasgow Rangers and Glasgow Celtic are enormous football clubs. If you were starting with a clean piece of paper and everyone had the same funding, Rangers and Celtic would be up there for the Premier League. Their fanbase is enormous, it's fanatical. Recent history has been unkind to them.
"I had a season ticket for several years at Bournemouth. 11,000 people and they're getting circa £100million from the Premier League. Rangers and Celtic are getting four, five or six and it's peanuts by comparison. These are two genuine giants of the game at a world level."

bennydorano

Quote from: trailer on October 14, 2022, 09:39:27 PM
Who do you support?

Tyrone
And Liz Truss