?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

paddyjohn

Quote from: Itchy on March 09, 2021, 10:53:47 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on March 09, 2021, 09:24:52 PM
Rangers fans are inbred, scumbags and are the lowest form of life on this planet.

Bit of a generalisation no?

Nope.

straightred

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 09, 2021, 08:30:28 PM
It's a good thing Celtic didn't do the 10 in a row, would have been carnage

Really ? Don't remember much carnage when they won their 9th or the quadruple treble... and both of those were won during a pandemic.

I do remember a couple of hundred fans at most gathering on a sunday evening baying for Lennons head and I also remember the club condemning them in no uncertain terms. In fact it was more than that. They punished the fans by NOT sacking Lennon.

Sevco and their previous incarnation have plenty of form. Have you forgotton Manchester. Back then they blamed Chelsea fans. Today they tried to shift the blame to Celtic but whoever was manning the twitter machine was ready and he let them have it with a short, simple and factual tweet.

There is no old firm. It died with rangers in 2012. Don't ever let them forget it.

straightred

Quote from: Louther on March 09, 2021, 07:50:34 PM
What's the Celtic tweet/official statement about?

A dig at Rangers/New Rangers or whatever you see them as?

Would they not be as well keeping their mouths closed and do talking on field.

Rangers social media no better at times.

Celtic have been silent since the weekend. I've no doubt they would have remained silent too but the huns couldn't help themselves. They should have owned the thuggish behaviour of their fans but as usual they tried to blame everyone but themsevles. The police and the Scottish government were afraid to stand up to their lies but the minute they dragged celtic into it they got what they deserved. If you're coming after the king you better not miss.

straightred

Another thing. I was there when Celtic stopped their 10. I honestly couldn't tell you what number of titles that was. I doubt that many fans could to be honest. It didn't matter.

Compare and contrast that to the tribute act with this 55 nonsense. That's only a thing to help them with their denial and delusion that liquidation never happened. You'd think they'd know by now that telling a lie often enough will never make it true.

ned

Glasgow City Council's response to the Rangers assertion that benches should have been removed before the weekend.

"In particular, it is not standard practice to remove memorial benches as the vast, vast majority of people are possessed of sufficient human decency to not vandalise them."

6th sam

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 09, 2021, 11:36:29 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 09, 2021, 10:53:47 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on March 09, 2021, 09:24:52 PM
Rangers fans are inbred, scumbags and are the lowest form of life on this planet.

Bit of a generalisation no?

Nope.

That's unacceptable generalisation of all fans of a football club despite the actions of a considerable number of their fans, and the appalling historic ethos of the club. People are often born with an affiliation to a club from their parents and perhaps some of their fans are unaware of their shameful history . However much as I would expect All Celtic fans and the Celtic board to acknowledge and condemn the controversy around the Celtic boys club, and support the campaign for redress, I would expect all Rangers fans and board,  to acknowledge and condemn the racism and sectarianism associated with their club and the dreadful behaviour of their fans over several years.
I'm not a Celtic fanatic like some on this board . But I think there is a danger in the usage of terms like the "old firm" as if these two clubs are two sides of the same coin. Some comments from self proclaimed Celtic fans on here are immature and inappropriate but that said , let's call it as it is.

Rangers is rooted in sectarianism , only ~30 years ago, they had a massive crisis in the club due to  the objection of fans to signing their first Catholic .
Celtic on the other hand, was proudly founded to provide support for those in need, especially the Irish in Glasgow who had to emigrate from Ireland post famine. This Irish community was subjected to sectarianism and had to fight for jobs, housing etc. Unlike the emigration the other direction a couple of centuries earlier, the Irish weren't planted and handed the best land in Scotland . They had to work for survival and respect. The Celtic club gave them an identity to the extent that within a few decades , they became probably the best club in the world for a period. Wow! What a brilliant story . Their manager and presumably some of their players were Protestant, because unlike their rivals they didn't operate sectarian rules.
Even more recently Rangers sectarian abuse from their fans is targeted particularly on Catholics from here eg Neil Lennon, shane Duffy.
In terms of celebrations and distancing , the toppling over of a crash barrier by a few fans and the inappropriate  distancing involved was strongly condemned by Celtic , to the extent that they refused to sack Neil Lennon to make a point. Meanwhile Rangers fans conduct in Scotland and here was appalling, but excused by Rangers.
Rangers are now playing better football and were clear winners, as Celtic imploded for a number of reasons . However let's state a few facts.
They tax-cheated to win previous titles and had to resurrect themselves as a different entity.
They have an appalling history of sectarianism as an institution and amongst their fans.
Their fans have an appalling reputation for behaviour . Celtic are admired throughout the world.
Covid remarkably  did not affect their campaign , this was either due to incredible health safety protocols or they were dishonest , and dealt with differently by SFA and government.
A significant percentage of referees in Scotland are Rangers supporters allegedly.
They got more penalties for, and no penalties against . Morelos is the most aggressive thug I've witnessed in many sports and appears to be championed by Rangers and unpunished by authorities .
That's for starters.
I have friends who are unionists and Protestant and none of them would affiliate with Rangers.
They are an embarrassment and much like the DUP they come from an ethos which is on the way out hopefully , as long as all decent people call it out.

Those that would want us to congratulate Rangers , like we would any normal club ,  need to take a look at themselves . Rangers have a shameful past , shameful reputation, appear to have had a leg up from authorities , so if they want to be respected by others , they've a bit of work to do yet.

trailer

Celtic Good, Rangers Bad!

Chant with me.....

6th sam

Classical Lazy analysis , two sides of same coin, old firm, ones as bad as the other.
I clearly condemn Celtic board or supporters when they transgress, but they are not the same as Rangers.
They were founded for noble reasons, very much a representation of underdogs against the odds, they have always been inclusive, they won the top honour in club football. They enjoy worldwide respect over several years .
Rangers had actual sectarian restrictions and an ignominious history of proven financial cheating and appalling behaviour from their supporters, with an ugly supremacist "we are the people " ethos. They don't yet enjoy the worldwide respect of Celtic .

Some People on here may be happy to ignore these facts, but don't expect the rest of us to ignore them as well. I despise sectarianism of any kind, especially from Celtic supporters and don't share the passion for Celtic of some on here, but won't buy into the let's congratulate Rangers like any other club. I'll treat Rangers like any other club when they behave like any other club.

tiempo

Just saying like its great to see the smiles on the faces of children and ordinary decent teddy bears in the context of a sporting victory achieved in some style against the backdrop of covid and a 10 year journey from the bottom tier of Scottish football. Hard to imagine anyone disagreeing with that.

straightred

Quote from: tiempo on March 10, 2021, 12:02:07 PM
Just saying like its great to see the smiles on the faces of children and ordinary decent teddy bears in the context of a sporting victory achieved in some style against the backdrop of covid and a 10 year journey from the bottom tier of Scottish football. Hard to imagine anyone disagreeing with that.

Except they aren't smiling. 6th Sam summarised it very well earlier. Its anger and gloating and carnage and woe betide anyone who dares call them out. Its behaving like thugs and then refusing to own it. It's mock sympathy in the form of vile chanting for the victims of child abuse while conveniently ignoring the victims who were abused within the walls of Ibrox (one was abused in the managers office ffs). They only ever want to own the good stuff. The bad stuff is always someone else's fault. Totally accepting Celtic's shameful past in this regard to this day the huns haven't apologised for the abuse at the hands of their coaches. Only a few years ago they told one victim who was seeking redress to contact the old club as it was nothing to do with them. Its an old club when they are counting titles but a new club when it comes to addressing liabilities. They can't have it both ways.

I repeat what I said previously. There is no old firm. Celtic want nothing to do with them and who could blame them.

general_lee

Aye must say, it warmed the cockles of my heart watching them sing their fenian blood anthem. They deserve to celebrate and their team are worthy champions but they just can't help themselves. This isn't just a small minority. It's 2021 and they still openly display their shameless sectarianism with nonchalance.

imtommygunn

Did I read somewhere that the Rangers club come out and say that all those benches vandalised on sunday night should have been removed beforehand??

tiempo

Quote from: straightred on March 10, 2021, 12:14:52 PM

Except they aren't smiling. 6th Sam summarised it very well earlier. Its anger and gloating and carnage and woe betide anyone who dares call them out. Its behaving like thugs and then refusing to own it. It's mock sympathy in the form of vile chanting for the victims of child abuse while conveniently ignoring the victims who were abused within the walls of Ibrox (one was abused in the managers office ffs). They only ever want to own the good stuff. The bad stuff is always someone else's fault. Totally accepting Celtic's shameful past in this regard to this day the huns haven't apologised for the abuse at the hands of their coaches. Only a few years ago they told one victim who was seeking redress to contact the old club as it was nothing to do with them. Its an old club when they are counting titles but a new club when it comes to addressing liabilities. They can't have it both ways.

I repeat what I said previously. There is no old firm. Celtic want nothing to do with them and who could blame them.

Srsly?

straightred

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 10, 2021, 12:28:39 PM
Did I read somewhere that the Rangers club come out and say that all those benches vandalised on sunday night should have been removed beforehand??

There you go. Always someone else's fault

straightred

Quote from: tiempo on March 10, 2021, 12:29:19 PM
Quote from: straightred on March 10, 2021, 12:14:52 PM

Srsly?

yes seriously. Had they celebrated with some class and dignity then you might had have a point. However, they didn't. They went on a drunken, bigoted maurade and abused everyone and anything in their way. No doubt there'll be a covid spike in a week or so - who will they blame for that