Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Yes Celtic should have scored a few more but you know what...if they'd scored 7 there'd be people on complaining they should have scored 10. Hamilton were pure dung and certainly wouldn't celebrate winning 3-0 but away from home on a plastic pitch with gales blowing and raining heavily...I'll take 3-0 all day long, French Eddie looking more like himself, Griff scoring again. Another game for Soro and Turnbull...Positives alright.

Watched last 15 mins of Hibs v Gers and Hibs had them pegged back in their own half with McGregor making a good save to deny Hibs...Didn't see the first 75 mins was out for a spin on the bike.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ned

Quote from: marty34 on December 26, 2020, 06:01:31 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 26, 2020, 05:08:54 PM
That was a really good, professional 90 minutes.

Got 3, should have scored a lot more. Clean sheet, no decent opportunities coughed up. Soro and Turnbull continuing their good from, Griffiths looking sharp but the major plus was Edouard back firing.

The team is pretty much picking itself there. Bitton was very solid at the back, Laxalt to come in for Taylor probably the only change.

Just keep the wins chalking up here. Rangers were lucky to win 1-0 today, Hibs had them on the ropes at the end. We don't know how they can handle the pressure because Celtic haven't applied it so we need to keep this momentum going.

It's a 'Hamilton 'C' team and 3 second half goals.

Let's not get carried away. Celtic had a fantastic chance to cut the goal difference and should have put 7 or 8 past them, when given the opportunity today.

Plus celebrating a clean sheet against Hamilton - have you been on the sauce?

Big game next week will tell the story. A win is the only outcome, regardless of performance.

Celtic should beat Hamilton comfortably everytime and that today was comfortable.
You have repeated this was a Hamilton C team which suggests they were missing more than 20 first teamers. Yes they have 9 players injured but they aren't all guaranteed starters. You don't have to state crap to back up your point.

Angelo

We seem to have turned a small corner when Soro and Turnbull came into the team. 4 wins in the 4 games they have started together and 3 clean sheets in the last 3 of those games.

You can bang on about Hamilton and their situation in the last game but we could and should have have won that 6 or 7 zip. Regardless of the opposition we haven't put in a sharp 90 min performance like that for sometime.

I'd rather the Sevco game was another month down the line, I'd probably take a draw now as a defeat is simply the end. Celtic just need to approach it on a basis of putting wins together, game at a time. If we can get a sustained run of 10/11 wins together then that puts the pressure on Rangers, when they beat Hibs at the weekend they went 19 points ahead. If we get to a stage when we finally catch up on our games in hand and that gap is now 5 points or lower, then it puts significant pressure on them and they don't have a good track record under Gerrard of handling the heat.

Also the January transfer window is opening shortly, we're linked with a goalkeeper. I really think too much has been made of the goalkeeping issue, we've been shocking all over the pitch. Barkas came with a big rep, I think what's important is the players in front of him now start performing. Johnston is back now looking sharp, Forrest will probably return at some point in the new year so more options available. I do think we need another midfielder similar to Soro who can read the game well and protect the defence. Elhamed looks like he wants out (he's out of his depth too) so we might need to get another right back in to cover Frimpong. Ntcham is a player I'd expect to leave. We have plenty of midfield options and his attitude is very questionable.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

general_lee

Just read Diego Costa a free agent, got me thinking. If you could sign anyone (within reason...ish) in January, who would it be? Even though there will mostly likely be 0 signings.
Jack Wilshere - linked with a move north earlier this year and STILL without a club, defo do a job in midfield.
Costa - probably not within reason at all but I reckon he'd do some damage.
Mario Mandzukic - if Costa doesn't fancy it

StPatsAbu

Message to Lawwell - Get Costa now!

JimStynes

Quote from: general_lee on December 29, 2020, 03:08:52 PM
Just read Diego Costa a free agent, got me thinking. If you could sign anyone (within reason...ish) in January, who would it be? Even though there will mostly likely be 0 signings.
Jack Wilshere - linked with a move north earlier this year and STILL without a club, defo do a job in midfield.

I'd be very surprised if anyone high profile will be signed. It'll likely be the opposite, French Eddie gone and no one to replace him. A lot will depend on the next few results. If Celtic are beat by Rangers then there is no point in going and spending big money on someone for the rest of the year. The league will be over.

general_lee

Don't think they'll get anyone in but doubt any first-teamers will be sold either. Not in this window anyway. League is as good as over anyway

balladmaker

Quote from: general_lee on December 29, 2020, 05:01:45 PM
Don't think they'll get anyone in but doubt any first-teamers will be sold either. Not in this window anyway. League is as good as over anyway

Celtic wins Wed and Sat, and with games in hand, it's game on again ... yes easier said than done but this Celtic team should be going to Ibrox with a win a realistic prospect, here's hoping.

marty34

Quote from: balladmaker on December 29, 2020, 06:36:02 PM

Celtic wins Wed and Sat, and with games in hand, it's game on again ... yes easier said than done but this Celtic team should be going to Ibrox with a win a realistic prospect, here's hoping.

I wonder will Lawell splash the cash in Jan - a few addiditions would make a good difference. Defence is the biggest issue in my opinion.  Unsettled and dodgy and doesn't fill anyone with confidence, even at 2-0 up with 5 mins remaining.  As an aside, the goalkeeping issue is a worry also.

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on December 29, 2020, 04:44:39 PM
Quote from: general_lee on December 29, 2020, 03:08:52 PM

I'd be very surprised if anyone high profile will be signed. It'll likely be the opposite, French Eddie gone and no one to replace him. A lot will depend on the next few results. If Celtic are beat by Rangers then there is no point in going and spending big money on someone for the rest of the year. The league will be over.

Spot on Jim...Everything will depend on Sat...We lose there'll be no one signed and make the best of it. We win there could be a few signings...Regarding Costa...You guys are nutts...lol. He'd be great don't get me wrong but he's probably paid about £200k a week FFS...lol

Angelo

This is it. The next 4/5 games are crucial. This Rangers side has a history of folding under the pressure, Celtic have the best squad in the league by a considerable distance for me. They need to now start delivering and I think when they put the pressure on Rangers, we will see how good they are.

Win tomorrow, another win Saturday, the gap is down to 13 with 3 games in hand. We have a big squad, no other distractions.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on December 29, 2020, 06:45:19 PM

This is it. The next 4/5 games are crucial. This Rangers side has a history of folding under the pressure, Celtic have the best squad in the league by a considerable distance for me. They need to now start delivering and I think when they put the pressure on Rangers, we will see how good they are.

Win tomorrow, another win Saturday, the gap is down to 13 with 3 games in hand. We have a big squad, no other distractions.

This season has shown how poor our squad is in reality. With no Forrest or Johnston, we badly lack width and it has affected us. We have no cover at all for them. Look at our defence. Lots of players but no real quality. Our squad is overrated

JimStynes

Quote from: tonto1888 on December 29, 2020, 07:05:26 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 29, 2020, 06:45:19 PM

This season has shown how poor our squad is in reality. With no Forrest or Johnston, we badly lack width and it has affected us. We have no cover at all for them. Look at our defence. Lots of players but no real quality. Our squad is overrated

Exactly. We have had an inflated view of how good our squad is for a few years now. Very little quality once you get past the first 7/8 regulars. The rangers squad might not be that big but they've got much better. They've made some decent signings lately too! Something that might shake things up is that rangers might have to offload a few of those decent signings. If they get offered decent money they'll have to take it.

illdecide

Costa is/was on £265k a week...Good luck with that lads...lol.

From 2014 he has earned over £65m in wages alone...Holy sweet f**k.

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on December 29, 2020, 09:57:05 PM
Costa is/was on £265k a week...Good luck with that lads...lol.

From 2014 he has earned over £65m in wages alone...Holy sweet f**k.
Net or gross?