Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Tom Rogic was a good player...in fact a very good footballer but his biggest problem was keeping fit and a lack of pace needed for this level of football. I've no doubt if he was flying fit and had that extra yard of pace he'd start every week but he hasn't and is so easy dispossessed or loses the race to the ball that most other footballers will get and that's his Achilles heel. I'd agree Ntcham should be started in place of either Christie or Brown...as i've stated before imo Brown should only be used against harder teams that will cause us trouble (Europe or Sevco) and rested here and there, Ntcham brings a bit more flair and could help against the more defensive teams that are hard to break down but he can give the ball away a bit too sometimes and Christie has went of the boil alright.
Getting Mikey Johnstone fit can only help give Forrest a kick up the hole he needs at times...Still things are still sweet for now, one draw so far other than that the season is still good to go
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Targetman

Big Tam was a good player and scored some cracking goals in the hoops but its time for him to move on, is there any substance in the Duffy rumours or just speculation cos he's Irish and possibly supports Celtic, I'd like to see him in the centre of the defence

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on August 20, 2020, 01:34:17 PM
Tom Rogic was a good player...in fact a very good footballer but his biggest problem was keeping fit and a lack of pace needed for this level of football. I've no doubt if he was flying fit and had that extra yard of pace he'd start every week but he hasn't and is so easy dispossessed or loses the race to the ball that most other footballers will get and that's his Achilles heel. I'd agree Ntcham should be started in place of either Christie or Brown...as i've stated before imo Brown should only be used against harder teams that will cause us trouble (Europe or Sevco) and rested here and there, Ntcham brings a bit more flair and could help against the more defensive teams that are hard to break down but he can give the ball away a bit too sometimes and Christie has went of the boil alright.
Getting Mikey Johnstone fit can only help give Forrest a kick up the hole he needs at times...Still things are still sweet for now, one draw so far other than that the season is still good to go

Johnston has barely if ever played from the left. The only backup we have for Forrest is a 17 year old Dembele. It's almost like Lennon has shorn the side of alternatives there so he has a sure reason to pick Forrest all season.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

illdecide

There are probably only about half a dozen wingers in the world that are world class and probably about 60% of the time do something constructive, most other decent wingers will produce the odd piece of magic some of the time and can be very frustrating to watch and i'd have James Forrest in that category. His stats are decent and scores goals so it's hard to argue against that although watching him live can be frustrating I give you that but when you take a disliking to a player you probably will always dislike him no matter what he does or doesn't do. I kinda was like that with that big fecker Boyata after he refused to play for us in CL game and never took to him after that.

illdecide

Substitute Albian Ajeti spared Celtic from another early-season title setback as his late strike earned a Scottish Premiership victory at Dundee United. The Swiss forward, on his league debut, lashed home his first Celtic goal after 83 minutes to prevent the champions suffering a second successive draw. Odsonne Edouard hit a post and Benjamin Siegrist superbly kept the visitors at bay before the pressure told. Celtic trail leaders Rangers by six points having played two games fewer.

United had impressively subdued Neil Lennon's side, who were playing their first league fixture in 13 days after having two games postponed for defender Boli Bolingoli's quarantine transgression. But the late blow leaves Micky Mellon's Premiership newcomers fifth, level on points with Celtic. It was a tale of Celtic frustration for much of this Tannadice encounter as United - with four players aged 22 or under - energetically harassed the visitors out of their stride. Whenever Celtic finally breached the wall of tangerine, they found Siegrist in inspired form.

After Edouard thumped the outside of the upright from Mark Reynolds' attempted clearance, Siegrist saved smartly from Ryan Christie and Edouard. The theme continued after the restart, with Christie thwarted as United's Swiss goalkeeper clawed away a shot that looked destined for the top corner. Jamie Robson had United's first effort on target just shy of 70 minutes, but the respite was brief. Celtic kept pushing and substitute James Forrest fired inches over, Callum McGregor drilled wide and Edouard grazed the bar with a free-kick. Their perseverance finally paid off when Siegrist again foiled Christie, but was helpless as Ajeti collected the rebound to fire past three despairing United players on the goal line.

Man of the match - Benjamin Siegrist

illdecide

Celtic def seem to penetrate better with two up front and the good thing is Lennon is wise and can change the formation when necessary, they have the players too that can carry it out. It's very frustrating trying to break these teams down who are so defensive but to give them credit and the other teams they know if they have a go they'll get destroyed so I suppose they've no choice only to defend and try and frustrate Celtic. An early goal against these teams is the only way to open them up as they have to have a bit of a go...

Orior

Celtic lucky to get a win. Two centre backs awful. Brittle and gave the ball away a lot. They will be very exposed against better opposition. Celtic keeper has to be good at keeping his concentration.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Targetman

Dominated the game from start to finish but need to be more prolific up front, we couldn't afford to drop more points even if the season is only getting started, definitely need support for Eddy but we have options when required, next up Another champions league qualifier!!

JimStynes

Glass still half empty here. Rangers are going to have improved and Celtic are worse than last year.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on August 22, 2020, 09:50:57 PM
Glass still half empty here. Rangers are going to have improved and Celtic are worse than last year.
What a year to give in to Rangers. Massive bragging rights for them if they stop 10 in a row.

Main Street

That game will have brought Celtic up a notch or two  for the next step on the path to the group stage, Ferencvaros, I don't know much about them except their shirt is green.

illdecide

How have you come to that conclusion after 3 matches? TBF you never wanted NL in from the get go and have been glass half empty all the way and I think if Celtic won the champions league there'd still be fellas saying "aye but remember we drew at Kilmarnock"

JimStynes

Quote from: illdecide on August 22, 2020, 11:03:04 PM

How have you come to that conclusion after 3 matches? TBF you never wanted NL in from the get go and have been glass half empty all the way and I think if Celtic won the champions league there'd still be fellas saying "aye but remember we drew at Kilmarnock"

It's that I don't Lennon to win. If there is anyone that I would love to see guide Celtic to the 10 it would 100% be Neil Lennon. I just don't think I rate him that highly as a manager and I don't like his style of football, he played one up front yesterday ffs. He was the cheap option after all. Celtic just seem flat this year. In a year when they should be going out all guns blazing, they're struggling to put a pass together. The investment end of things isn't necessarily Lennon's fault but there needs to be some more quality players brought in ASAP to freshen things up. I really hope I am wrong but rangers won't be easily beaten this year.

Angelo

Another really worrying display. We did better in the second half and deserved the goal but we left it until late and had to really slog for it which is such a worry.

We have absolutely nothing in the wide areas, Forrest and Elyounoussi are nothing players. Teams know our threat out wide is limited so just clog up the middle. We have no alternatives to Forrest and Elyounoussi, we finally dropped Forrest last night and ended putting Christie out there - another player struggling for form and now we've taken to playing him out of position.

We badly need a couple of starting wide players in but in the meantime we simply have to switch to two up top. Our best football last season was when Edouard and Griffiths played there together and we have Ajeti and Klimala there now, along with Griffiths to return at some point. Lennon is far, far, far too loyal to certain players though.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Orior

I thought Christie was Celtic's best player. Are any English clubs looking at him?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians