Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Hectic

These headlines are written in relation to a poor excuse for a human being and a handful of guys silly enough to respond to his goading. 

I would not judge Sunderland on the basis of the pond life that saw the opportunity to get a bit of publicity.

Another basket case of a football club all the same.

Hectic

There is a hell of a lot of effort being made by the Scottish press to roll out as much negative publicity as possible about the Celtic support.

I accept a couple of instances of groups getting on a bit but in the bigger scheme of things it is minimal. If you read any Sunderland blogs they not only found the Celtic fans to be good guests but were gushing in their praise of how they support the team.

Maybe if we lived in a world where the less fun actions of every supporter who travels with every Scottish club were splashed all over the press for a number of weeks I could understand but in a world where we have still to hear any fuss about the golf balls and pitch invasions at Ibrox in spring for example I find this to be very curious indeed.

MoChara

One group of Celtic fans let themselves down a bag full in Sunderland there's a video of them singing about Lee Rigby, I'm no fan of the British army but this is a particularly very low act.

Of course the papers are hoping all over it now.

tonto1888

Anybody else heard that 12 people have been lifted over he banners?

In regards to the Lee rigby singers it's no shock that we have arseholes in our support. Always have had always will have. Also no shock the media ignoring the behaviour of the Huns

Hectic

Quote from: MoChara on August 01, 2017, 10:46:47 AM
One group of Celtic fans let themselves down a bag full in Sunderland there's a video of them singing about Lee Rigby, I'm no fan of the British army but this is a particularly very low act.

They are guys who attach themselves to Celtic but they are not true supporters of the club and clearly have no intetest in the reputation of the Celtic support. Part of me is extremely pissed at the mindset of some individuals that are representing us in this way and giving the press cannon fodder.

Thw Lee Rigby song is totally indefensible but at the same time it is 2 1/2 weeks since the game at Windsor and all the headlines after that were about Griffiths followed by 2 weeks of booting of the Celtic support on a generalization basis.

You only have to look around messageboards etc to see the general mood of Celtic supporters to the actions of a few yet we continue to be tarred with the one brush. Ideally the press would be given no food but I still believe their coverage for nearly 3 weeks has been disproportionate.

Hectic

And low and behold this is published. Articulates much better than I do and probably answering the reason question.

https://thecelticblog.com/2017/08/blogs/the-effort-to-paint-our-fans-as-extremists-is-a-serious-threat-to-the-reform-agenda/

michaelg

Quote from: Hectic on August 01, 2017, 02:02:51 PM

They are guys who attach themselves to Celtic but they are not true supporters of the club and clearly have no intetest in the reputation of the Celtic support. Part of me is extremely pissed at the mindset of some individuals that are representing us in this way and giving the press cannon fodder.

Thw Lee Rigby song is totally indefensible but at the same time it is 2 1/2 weeks since the game at Windsor and all the headlines after that were about Griffiths followed by 2 weeks of booting of the Celtic support on a generalization basis.

You only have to look around messageboards etc to see the general mood of Celtic supporters to the actions of a few yet we continue to be tarred with the one brush. Ideally the press would be given no food but I still believe their coverage for nearly 3 weeks has been disproportionate.

So why do you try to defend it then?  Love the way Celtic FC get fined by UEFA and then some of their fans go on the rampage in Sunderland and you are still crying foul.  Can you not see how ridiculous you sound on here?

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

Just come out and say they are scumbags.... leave it at that and discuss something else.. by relating it to Linfield the 'huns' or anything else just looks silly... indefensible move on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

A banner in the terrace gets you:
- arrest of 12 men by the police
- a €23,000 (£20,615) fine by Uefa

What does throwing bottles at players on the pitch get you?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on August 01, 2017, 08:31:14 PM
A banner in the terrace gets you:
- arrest of 12 men by the police
- a €23,000 (£20,615) fine by Uefa

What does throwing bottles at players on the pitch get you?

Couldn't report it without linking it to something else!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hectic

Quote from: michaelg on August 01, 2017, 08:09:34 PM

So why do you try to defend it then?  Love the way Celtic FC get fined by UEFA and then some of their fans go on the rampage in Sunderland and you are still crying foul.  Can you not see how ridiculous you sound on here?

Tell me where I was defending that chant?

The fact is some 'supporters' have let the side down a bagful.

It is ridiculous that you read something with your anti Celtic goggles and interpret it how your spiteful mind has come on to the thread to do so.

Hectic

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 01, 2017, 08:27:30 PM
Just come out and say they are scumbags.... leave it at that and discuss something else.. by relating it to Linfield the 'huns' or anything else just looks silly... indefensible move on

Linfield has a relevance because this is where the press have ramped things up. Beyond that I am not even sure if I highlighted anything about their support. As that article points out the ramping up coincides with the challenge to the governance.

Yes some 'supporters' have gift wrapped the headlines but it has literally been a number of articles every single day.

None of this is defending the actions of a few despite how michaelg wishes to view it but the ferocity of reporting has made me smell a rat for a good lot of days now and the governance thing makes sense to me.

There is a difference between defending sonething and highlighting disproportinate reporting at this time and hence a relevance to historical precedent.

michaelg

Quote from: Hectic on August 01, 2017, 08:56:46 PM
Quote from: michaelg on August 01, 2017, 08:09:34 PM

Tell me where I was defending that chant?

The fact is some 'supporters' have let the side down a bagful.

It is ridiculous that you read something with your anti Celtic goggles and interpret it how your spiteful mind has come on to the thread to do so.

Couldn't agree more.  it's just the double standards that grate.  A small minority of Linfield or Rangers act the ****, yet they are all as bad as each other.  A different rule seems to apply when it's a minority of Celtic morons getting on like idiots.

Milltown Row2

It looks from the outside (I'm not a supporter) that bringing up other clubs and saying 'we' are always hard done by is a bit childish.... they are worse than us!!! The incident happened in Sunderland so no need to bring up Windsor