Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

StGallsGAA

Based on the 90 minute total domination of the last OF game that resulted in a 1 goal win, most Celtic fans expected at minimum a 2 to 3 goal win that the gulf in class would signify.  Sadly a poor result therefore.   Many I expect were hoping for a same if not better of the 7-1 Hamden in the Sun result!  Perhaps Brendan is saving that for the cup game.  Lure Caixhinho into thinking he's inheriting a  half decent team then annihilate them next day out?

ned

Miller set the tone with that second minute challenge, Madden shat it.
Book Miller early and that nullifies their main tactic.
Holt should have seen red, his challenge very much took Roberts out of the game.
Bitton had to go off at HT due to a knock from a heavy challenge.
Hill should have been booked even before his scissors kick on Griffiths which should have resulted in a penalty.
Their tactics had the cardigan's dirty hands all over it.
The ref was Sevco's main man.

We didn't play well but as has happened countless times this season, we should have won the game comfortably but due to the ref's cheating we didn't. We were not allowed to apply our normal flowing game.

However, I take comfort in that we are so far ahead that they celebrate a draw like they had won the league. The SC semi will be an entirely different outcome.

From the Bunker

I would not go as far as to blame the Referee (totally). But there seems to be an open house policy on the level of tackle a Celtic player has to put up against all opposition.

It's hard to know how to deal with such a bias? To lose the plot and up the anti with dangerous tackles would probably play into the hands of the opposition.

Anyway, the Cup semi is the real important game of the season. Today was all about aesthetics, but a failure all the same.

illdecide

TBH Celtic's two best players this season were our two worst players today (Sinclair & Dembele). Sinclair didn't want to know and Dembele looked like a centre forward from Mid Ulster League. Strachan said it at HT, if they keep it at 1-0 with 20 mins to go then anything could happen, Sevco had plenty of chances and i suppose if you took your green tinted glasses off then a draw was prob a fair result.
Actually just glad it happened there and not in cup semi final as we may not have got the opportunity to rectify the situation, that was prob our worst performance for a long time but the run Celtic have been on it would be a bit unfair to criticise too much.

It's hard to know what way that result will pan out for next game...will it give Sevco more belief and knowing they can kick Celtic all over the pitch and get away with it or will Celtic come out all guns blazing next time to put them back in their box...

P.S. did you see the way Sevco celebrated at the end for getting a draw..Wow.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

MoChara

Quote from: illdecide on March 12, 2017, 11:05:04 PM
TBH Celtic's two best players this season were our two worst players today (Sinclair & Dembele). Sinclair didn't want to know and Dembele looked like a centre forward from Mid Ulster League. Strachan said it at HT, if they keep it at 1-0 with 20 mins to go then anything could happen, Sevco had plenty of chances and i suppose if you took your green tinted glasses off then a draw was prob a fair result.
Actually just glad it happened there and not in cup semi final as we may not have got the opportunity to rectify the situation, that was prob our worst performance for a long time but the run Celtic have been on it would be a bit unfair to criticise too much.

It's hard to know what way that result will pan out for next game...will it give Sevco more belief and knowing they can kick Celtic all over the pitch and get away with it or will Celtic come out all guns blazing next time to put them back in their box...

Well to be fair to them it was their fist time ever getting any points of Celtic, I find it inspirational that a small recently started team can do so well as to be legitimate contenders for second place

Hectic

I was holding back a bit from giving the referee full barrels as we have to first and foremost look at our own short comings and there were a fair few yesterday but fff it I said at the time it was one of the most biased performances I had seen in a while.  Sevco had about 5 clear yellow cards in the first 15 mins - in fact a couple could have been red.  It took Hill until his 4th cynical foul before he actually got a yellow card.  Holts tackle/assault on Roberts was a clear foul and at least a yellow when he was already on a yellow but instead the referee waved him on to have a clear attempt on goal. There were throw ins which were ours given the other way and of course there was the clear penalty where the referee could not have had a better view. 

I also noticed that Armstrong took a bump in the lineup at the beginning when they were shaking hands and pointed this out to my brother and sure enough he was targeted a few times with wreckless tackles early in the game - as someone above said Walter or even Bomber Brown all over that one.
I have been aware for a long time that Bobby Madden is said to be a former season ticket holder at Ibrox and that would not surprise me off the back of yesterday. 

And back to Celtics failings - perhaps the biggest was letting the thuggary of the early tackles affect them and if so it is something that needs addressed as this will be the blue print for the next day - that said we have to be careful because if we match that thunder with our own thunder I could see us down to 10 very early in the game giving the way officials operate. 

But all in they threw everything that they had into the game, we were poor yet they celebrate like they won the league - I think that tells us that we will not be worrying about them for some time to come yet.

screenexile

Quote from: MoChara on March 13, 2017, 08:11:53 AM
Quote from: illdecide on March 12, 2017, 11:05:04 PM

Well to be fair to them it was their fist time ever getting any points of Celtic, I find it inspirational that a small recently started team can do so well as to be legitimate contenders for second place

You should also find it ridiculous that a team with the financial clout of Celtic were outplayed for a large amount of the game against such an inferior side with such inferior resources.

Also the state of Celtic's pitch?!! What was that about?!!

Hectic

Yeah Celtics pitch not great at all right now and Rodgers will be getting a new semi synthetic one in the summer which should compliment the way he wants to play even more.

Out fought/bullied - yes

Outplayed:
Poss : Celtic 56% Sevco 44%
Shots: Celtic 11 Sevco 8
Shots on Target:  Celtic 7 Sevco 5
Corners: 3 each
Fouls (that ref blew): Celtic 13 Sevco 19

Look in a lot of ways it probably felt like Celtic were outplayed because we were so far off our usual but it was not the case.  Sevco were strong for the first 25 mins but after that it was nearly all Celtic but still not a good Celtic performance.

screenexile

Quote from: Hectic on March 13, 2017, 09:38:51 AM
Yeah Celtics pitch not great at all right now and Rodgers will be getting a new semi synthetic one in the summer which should compliment the way he wants to play even more.

Out fought/bullied - yes

Outplayed:
Poss : Celtic 56% Sevco 44%
Shots: Celtic 11 Sevco 8
Shots on Target:  Celtic 7 Sevco 5
Corners: 3 each
Fouls (that ref blew): Celtic 13 Sevco 19

Look in a lot of ways it probably felt like Celtic were outplayed because we were so far off our usual but it was not the case.  Sevco were strong for the first 25 mins but after that it was nearly all Celtic but still not a good Celtic performance.

In only saw the second half and Rangers were well on top for the last half hour. Look it's no big deal in the grand scheme of things but a similar performance next week in a game that really matters won't do!

Hectic

lol - are you sure you did not just see the last 10 mins when Sevco started piling men forward to try and ultimately achieve a draw?  Celtic's best part of the game was the 30 mins or so after half time.

Anyway I appreciate for a lot of us not being utterly dominant feels like we a re behind the game.

Pardon my ignorance but what is the significance of next week - We will get the league wrapped up sooner or later so I would not be stressing too much about the next game.

Hectic

But look regardless of when the better or worse spells of the game were it is a matter of identifying where we were lacking and putting it right the next day with the added bonus that we know it will be a long time before Bobby Madden is in charge of this fixture again - not that the alternatives are brilliant but I think there will be a quiet word or two behind the scenes after yesterday.

Hectic

Looking at the Coleman incident the other night highlights how lucky we have been recently as Scottish teams line up to kick us off the park encouraged by referees who are unwilling to give us any protection whatsoever. I would like to think maybe a few officials would wise up and start doing their job after Friday night but at the same time I know there is no chance with a semi final around the corner where the oppositions game plan will revolve around putting in as many dangerous tackles as they can early in the game. No Scottish referee will have the desire to punish that lot especially in a game of that magnitude.

T Fearon

Pleased to report I will be attending the Lisbon Lions 50th Anniversary Tribute Lunch in Glasgow's Hilton Hotel on May 26th.This may be the last chance most of them will ever get to meet and be photographed with me.👌

Main Street

Excellent start in the SPL title decider v Hearts with two ace goals from Sinclair.
No need for the helicopter this year.

Helix

They'll surely break the 100 points barrier. Anyone know record points tally in Spl?
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail