?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

lenny

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 06, 2016, 07:54:57 PM
What a start!!

Great performance away from home, City had a number of changes but their team still cot 92 million, way more than Celtic's side. Celtic had the better chances, dominated possession for long stages and should have had a penalty when Roberts was held back. City had chances too as a result of how positive and attacking Celtic were. Very entertaining match overall.

T Fearon

Like a pre season friendly,hardly unexpected when the outcome was meaningless for both sides.Not much benefit for either side

clarshack

3 points in a very difficult Champions league group compared to 3 points in last season's Europa league group shows that Brendan Rodgers has made progress. Hopefully get 2-3 decent signings for next season's campaign and an easier group.

tonto1888

Not long in from the game. We played well. Armstrong and Brown both very good. Seemed to be small outbreaks of trouble but the amount of Celtic fans in the city end it was maybe not so surprising

ashman

Quote from: tonto1888 on December 06, 2016, 11:55:17 PM
Not long in from the game. We played well. Armstrong and Brown both very good. Seemed to be small outbreaks of trouble but the amount of Celtic fans in the city end it was maybe not so surprising

We ?? Where were you playing . 

trileacman

Quote from: ashman on December 07, 2016, 12:18:27 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on December 06, 2016, 11:55:17 PM

We ?? Where were you playing .

Piss off.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

MoChara

I thought it was a good performance we were unlucky not to get the win, but they'd a good few chances that could have gone the other way too. Hopefully a few quid spent in Jan to get some in and settled for next years european football, the squad we have now is more than capable of taking all the domestic honors as they are.

Main Street

Both teams missed their sitters, but you'd've expected Dembele and Griffiths to have buried those two chances.

As the Bob Marley song goes  "Thembelly full but we hungry"

screenexile

Main Street

That's probably Lynchbhoy and his Derry mates.

"Man arrested Drunk & Disorderly throwing hamburger at police horse @ManCity v @celticfc got £90 fine. Horse remains in stable condition".

T Fearon

I hope the lessons are learned from this year's European campaign.Firstly why are so many gilt edged chances being missed,Mackay Stevens last night and even more crucially Mc Gregor's miss which could have sealed three vital points in Germany.Chances at this level are few and far between and must be converted.

Man City are flaky at the best of times,but four times we led against them,and four times we conceded speedily to lose that lead.

The big disappointment was the home game against B Moenchengladbach.

Not too much to celebrate overall but plenty of lessons to be learned.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: ONeill on November 23, 2016, 11:02:32 PM
I would swap either Michael O'Neill (managed twice commendably against the current World Champions this year,as elite as you can get) or Stephen Kenny for Rodgers instantly.Their achievements against the odds far outweigh anything Rodgers has done.But as long as the gullible are content with romping away with a one horse league and failing miserably in Europe,his position is safe.

I don't expect Celtic to win the Champions league but I do expect the team to be competitive and credible in every game they play,and two points out of twelve is embarrassing.
yes and how did michael oNeill get on when in the spl?  sacked wasn't he?
he was poor to say the least!

:)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on December 07, 2016, 05:25:54 PM

"Man arrested Drunk & Disorderly throwing hamburger at police horse @ManCity v @celticfc got £90 fine. Horse remains in stable condition".
not a chance I'd waste food chief!!!

vast improvement under Rodgers in Europe.  better than the last three managers imo.
prev Celtic parked the bus and tried to hit on the counter attack.
under BR he has the audacity to try take on these teams and play ball. I'd personally not go as all out as that but it's a sign of his genius.

also i still think dembele is good but not quite as good as his billing.
rather than risking losing out on cashing in while his stock is high - I'd snap the hand off any offer over 25 million!

Forrest isn't bad eh Main Street !! ;)

Main Street

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 07, 2016, 07:43:01 PM
Quote from: Main Street on December 07, 2016, 05:25:54 PM

not a chance I'd waste food chief!!!

vast improvement under Rodgers in Europe.  better than the last three managers imo.
prev Celtic parked the bus and tried to hit on the counter attack.
under BR he has the audacity to try take on these teams and play ball. I'd personally not go as all out as that but it's a sign of his genius.

also i still think dembele is good but not quite as good as his billing.
rather than risking losing out on cashing in while his stock is high - I'd snap the hand off any offer over 25 million!

Forrest isn't bad eh Main Street !! ;)
Forrest is a revelation this season, a completely different animal than the one who you thought was good ;D

And Dembele did lose a million or two off his fee last night.