?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on September 25, 2016, 12:16:53 PM
The reaction was way over the top.Mind you the tolerance for the 7 nil defeat was way too much as well.

Every Celtic manager gets criticism,even Jock Stein was forced out.I don't see why the current manager should be exempt,when he deserves it.

Where is is way over the top reaction you keep referring to?

T Fearon

There was widespread gloating here and elsewhere as if beating the present Rangers 5-1 was a big deal

From the Bunker

Quote from: T Fearon on September 25, 2016, 12:52:20 PM
There was widespread gloating here and elsewhere as if beating the present Rangers 5-1 was a big deal

There was relief more than gloating. It was Rangers who were beat, so it still means something? And considering how much of a mess last years cup semi final was, it was a relief not to make a mess of the first firm league match in a long time.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on September 25, 2016, 12:52:20 PM

Where

T Fearon

Check the guff on pages 633 to 635.We beat a team promoted from the Championship 5-1.This was no pyrrhic victory,it was a routine win against a sub standard team.

I was at last year's semi final.If Roberts hadnt missed an open goal it would have had a different outcome.

Hectic

I assume in the interests of consistency you wanted Lennon out on his ear after getting knocked out of both European competitions in the qualifiers when he was only a couple of months longer in the job than Rodgers and proceeded to then fall 10 pts + behind Rangers ( in liquidation).

As such at any point in the following part of his tenure did you think you were wrong to want Lennon out on his ear so soon?

T Fearon

Neil is a friend of mine.He hosted my visit to Lennoxtown a few years ago.Top bloke.

Now can you see the difference between him and Coco? He wasn't brought in on a starting salary in excess of £1m plus,with a big reputation and given an astronomical player budget (relatively speaking). He didn't have the luxury of bringing in players like Toure,Dembele and Sinclair in his first two months.Rangers didn't go into liquidation in his first season,it was the second season.He damn near pulled a title win off in his first season, only for a missed penalty at Ibrox by Samaras and a defeat up at Inverness, in the closing games of the season, he would have taken the title off a pre administration Rangers still managed by Walter Smith

I tell you another thing,he took us to the last 16 of the Champions League,something Rodgers will never do, even if he stays for ten years

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on September 25, 2016, 06:20:02 PM
Check the guff on pages 633 to 635.We beat a team promoted from the Championship 5-1.This was no pyrrhic victory,it was a routine win against a sub standard team.

I was at last year's semi final.If Roberts hadnt missed an open goal it would have had a different outcome.

There was no gloating. People talked about the match and what happened. No gloating. On guy did blame Gordon for the goal they scored tho 😂😂😂

T Fearon

Funny I thought I read phrases like "super performance" etc.In any case this was bizarrely attributed to Rodgers exclusively as if he was some sort of tactical genius that had delivered a first win over mighty Rangers for donkeys years

Hectic

Actually you have refreshed my memory, Lennon already had a full season under his belt when he was way behind in the league, having missed out the year before. We did get Europa League in the second season after Sion had beaten us only to get thrown out for us to take his place.

For the record, even at this stage when large numbers were wanting him out before it turned that day at Kilmarnock I still believed Lennon would get it right, I always backed him and trusted him to lead our club.

Also if we are talking relative transfer pot and signings I suppose Efrain Juarez at up to 4m in his first summer was not viewed as a big investment at the time, nor the 2.3m we paid for Gary Hooper that same summer. One of the first players through the door during Lennon's tenure was Joe Ledley, viewed as something of a coup at the time on 28k a week. Also in his first transfer we had Murphy at 1.5m, Kayak, Izzy, Stokes as well as free transfers Big Dan, Cha DuRi and Mulgrew.

You also point out Lennon could have won the title but for Samaras penalty. Steven Gerrard slip erased from your memory if we are doing whataboutery.

So from that rant the only bit that cannot easily be torn to shreds is the bit about the last 16 of the Champions League and that is because I do not have a crystal ball nor am I a Charlatan like you.

So what's with the personal agenda against Rodgers because otherwise you would have been declaring Neil Lennon a clown as soon as we lost the cup semi given your form.

Is it because you thought Rodgers was from Ballymena?

Is it because you think his high salary might impact on the value of your shares that you maybe care for more? (You were happy to sing about having them).

Is it because you did not realise relatively speaking he did not have an astonomical player budget compared to his predecessor's? ( that bit was really funny when I had a look at Lennon's first summers work for comparison though you have a point about the caliber of player Rodgers seems to be able to attract, still gave me a chuckle).

Does it just feel good having people respond to your posts?

T Fearon

I have no personal agenda against Rodgers.He is simply not doing the job he is overpaid to do.The defeats to Red Imps,the humiliation against Barcelona,and his laughable attempts to say this was not embarrassing (does he think all of us are fools,or just those on this thread apart from myself?),to be followed this week by another humiliation against Man City (let's see how real Celtic fans react when the feel good factor of a big Champions League night gives way to an embarrassing home defeat) and the inability to keep a clean sheet in the domestic league are all glaring and fundamental failures.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Hectic on September 25, 2016, 10:06:50 PM
Actually you have refreshed my memory, Lennon already had a full season under his belt when he was way behind in the league, having missed out the year before. We did get Europa League in the second season after Sion had beaten us only to get thrown out for us to take his place.

For the record, even at this stage when large numbers were wanting him out before it turned that day at Kilmarnock I still believed Lennon would get it right, I always backed him and trusted him to lead our club.

Also if we are talking relative transfer pot and signings I suppose Efrain Juarez at up to 4m in his first summer was not viewed as a big investment at the time, nor the 2.3m we paid for Gary Hooper that same summer. One of the first players through the door during Lennon's tenure was Joe Ledley, viewed as something of a coup at the time on 28k a week. Also in his first transfer we had Murphy at 1.5m, Kayak, Izzy, Stokes as well as free transfers Big Dan, Cha DuRi and Mulgrew.

You also point out Lennon could have won the title but for Samaras penalty. Steven Gerrard slip erased from your memory if we are doing whataboutery.

So from that rant the only bit that cannot easily be torn to shreds is the bit about the last 16 of the Champions League and that is because I do not have a crystal ball nor am I a Charlatan like you.

So what's with the personal agenda against Rodgers because otherwise you would have been declaring Neil Lennon a clown as soon as we lost the cup semi given your form.

Is it because you thought Rodgers was from Ballymena?

Is it because you think his high salary might impact on the value of your shares that you maybe care for more? (You were happy to sing about having them).

Is it because you did not realise relatively speaking he did not have an astonomical player budget compared to his predecessor's? ( that bit was really funny when I had a look at Lennon's first summers work for comparison though you have a point about the caliber of player Rodgers seems to be able to attract, still gave me a chuckle).

Does it just feel good having people respond to your posts?
Sure why let cold hard facts stand in the way of anyones dislike of the mega salaried Rodgers and his " astronomical player budget" :-)

T Fearon

I said before it's not the player transfer fee,it's the salary.Do you think any of Lennon's signings are earning anything like Toure,Sinclair or Dembele?

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on September 25, 2016, 09:48:57 PM
Funny I thought I read phrases like "super performance" etc.In any case this was bizarrely attributed to Rodgers exclusively as if he was some sort of tactical genius that had delivered a first win over mighty Rangers for donkeys years

It was a very good performance. Saying that isn't gloating or anything else. Also when you compare the two performances, that game and th semi final, we were so much better in the 5-1. You'd have to be daft not to give Rodgers at least some credit. Again, not gloating just stating it like it is

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on September 25, 2016, 10:14:01 PM
I have no personal agenda against Rodgers.He is simply not doing the job he is overpaid to do.The defeats to Red Imps,the humiliation against Barcelona,and his laughable attempts to say this was not embarrassing (does he think all of us are fools,or just those on this thread apart from myself?),to be followed this week by another humiliation against Man City (let's see how real Celtic fans react when the feel good factor of a big Champions League night gives way to an embarrassing home defeat) and the inability to keep a clean sheet in the domestic league are all glaring and fundamental failures.

We beat the red imps or don't you realise that the qualifiers were 2 legs. Rodgers is doing the job he is paid to do. Top of the league and qualified for the CL.
Also talking about clean sheets why Tony fails to mention is that Lennon had in his team probably one of the best goalkeepers ever to play for Celtic