Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

uimhr ocht

i remember under strachan we had an average team caldwell,mc manus played ,skippy mc donald scored against man u only alate goal denied that team a result so its not a lost cause as you may think the pressure is off now id expect the team to do well at celtic park,we might not get much joy on our travels though.I think craig gordons place along with a few others are under big threat after tonights performance.

straightred

Quote from: T Fearon on August 23, 2016, 10:54:46 PM
If Ronny had stumbled through that,arguably the easiest route to the group stages enjoyed by any Celtic manager,everyone would have been calling for his head and he didn't have a Dembele,Sinclair,or a Tierney to call on this time last year.

Anyone praising the manager for that is deluded.

I've no idea what rodgers did to you but you're making a show of yourself at this stage. Have you forgotten ronnies 3-0 walkover that he still managed to f**k up in the next round. Catch yourself on. We qualified on merit over the 2 legs - that's all that matters now

T Fearon

Was at that game.Meaningless as far as Utd were concerned.Seriously I enjoy the Champions League at Celtic Park but the fans won't tolerate turning up simply for the music and YNWA and the team out of its depth on the park.

BennyHarp

If Ronny had stumbled through that,arguably the easiest route to the group stages enjoyed by any Celtic manager,everyone would have been calling for his head and he didn't have a Dembele,Sinclair,or a Tierney to call on this time last year.

Ronny would have been in his second season and you'd expect the team to be playing comfortably in his style by now. Rodgers has been there a few weeks, have a bit of cop on and judge the man when he's got his team together after the transfer deadline (where now he should attract a few decent signings) and had time to work with them. It doesn't taking a feckin genius to work out that Celtic will have their work cut out n the champions league, or that from time to time they will put in a bad performance. You are putting forward a pathetic argument that Celtic will not succeed under Rodgers, an argument that you will eventually win because managers will ALWAYS move on, similarly to the argument you kept putting forward that Tyrone would lose their next game, then their next game etc, eventually you'll be proved right. It's a tiresome role to play on an Internet forum and I salute your dogged determination to be that guy. But if this is going to be the game you play until Rodgers finally gets sacked, or moves on, then you are going to completely ruin any meaningful discussion about the club this season on this thread. Maybe that's your strange game, and again I salute your dogged determination to be that guy, but feck me its tiresome to read. I don't contribute often on this thread very often but I have always enjoyed reading it....not so much lately however.
That was never a square ball!!

straightred

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 23, 2016, 11:15:25 PM

Ronny would have been in his second season and you'd expect the team to be playing comfortably in his style by now. Rodgers has been there a few weeks, have a bit of cop on and judge the man when he's got his team together after the transfer deadline (where now he should attract a few decent signings) and had time to work with them. It doesn't taking a feckin genius to work out that Celtic will have their work cut out n the champions league, or that from time to time they will put in a bad performance. You are putting forward a pathetic argument that Celtic will not succeed under Rodgers, an argument that you will eventually win because managers will ALWAYS move on, similarly to the argument you kept putting forward that Tyrone would lose their next game, then their next game etc, eventually you'll be proved right. It's a tiresome role to play on an Internet forum and I salute your dogged determination to be that guy. But if this is going to be the game you play until Rodgers finally gets sacked, or moves on, then you are going to completely ruin any meaningful discussion about the club this season on this thread. Maybe that's your strange game, and again I salute your dogged determination to be that guy, but feck me its tiresome to read. I don't contribute often on this thread very often but I have always enjoyed reading it....not so much lately however.

thats a good analysis. We have to be right everytime and he only has to be right once. I'll stop biting !

ned

CL group stage qualification achieved. This was our main goal at start of season. We were lucky tonight? As far as I'm aware it was aggregate score that counted. They dont get extra credit for playing well. They were lucky it wasn't a five goal deficit in first leg.
Janko played as we had few other options. O'Connell has been decent as a stop gap and Ambrose certainly wasn't an option,  Eric was too much of a risk to start and was a great option to bring on to be able to switch to a back five. Those were our defensive choices.
BR will be aware of at least three players who started tonight who will only ever be back up. Two new signings to arrive before end of August and with Roberts and Simunovic to come back, by the groups we could potentially have five of the starting team from tonight on the bench. Big changes still to happen. Being a Celtic fan isn't always easy but it's always worthwhile. The futures green.

reddgnhand

Quote from: straightred on August 23, 2016, 11:22:43 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 23, 2016, 11:15:25 PM

thats a good analysis. We have to be right everytime and he only has to be right once. I'll stop biting !

You boys are failing to see what he's at. Depending how results go tomorrow night Celtic could be in pot 4 and can be drawn against his beloved Spurs. He didn't want Celtic to qualify. Would he go to Celtic Park and stand in the away end ? He would look a right tool. Just look at his past posts name dropping and giving it the big " I am" at Celtic.

clarshack

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 23, 2016, 11:03:10 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 23, 2016, 10:11:05 PM
If Rodgers had any balls the likes of Gordon, Janko, Brown & Bitton would be sold tomorrow and adequate replacements brought in. Gordon & Janko are clowns, Bitton is an imposter and the amount of times Brown passed the ball back to the opposition was incredible. He may as well have been a Hapoel player.

Celtic only through due to Hapoel's missed pen. Also helped that Hapoel ran out of steam around the 80 min mark. Fair play to them they gave it their all and were positive, energetic and first to every ball. They just came up short in the end.

Hapoel's missed penalty which Gordon the clown saved. Funny how that facthas slipped both yours and Tiny's posts

gordon has been a big liability for a good while now. 1 pen save doesn't change that. it was a massive surprise he even saved it. i actually think rodgers is the right man - he just needs to be ruthless and get rid of the deadwood and soon.

T Fearon

The sad fact is we are not improving,just scraping through,luckily at that.Contrast this with immediate improvements good new managers have made at Man Utd,Man City and Chelsea.

We should have breezed through the qualifying rounds given the opposition and arrived in the group stages with confidence high and a realistic chance of being competitive.Sadly we will be cannon fodder,all due to an inept and overpaid manager

lenny

Quote from: ned on August 23, 2016, 11:23:04 PM
CL group stage qualification achieved. This was our main goal at start of season. We were lucky tonight? As far as I'm aware it was aggregate score that counted. They dont get extra credit for playing well. They were lucky it wasn't a five goal deficit in first leg.
Janko played as we had few other options. O'Connell has been decent as a stop gap and Ambrose certainly wasn't an option,  Eric was too much of a risk to start and was a great option to bring on to be able to switch to a back five. Those were our defensive choices.
BR will be aware of at least three players who started tonight who will only ever be back up. Two new signings to arrive before end of August and with Roberts and Simunovic to come back, by the groups we could potentially have five of the starting team from tonight on the bench. Big changes still to happen. Being a Celtic fan isn't always easy but it's always worthwhile. The futures green.

Well said. The result was all important last night. The bottom line is that that was the sort of tie which we would have lost last year under Deila and would have lost easily. Rodgers  has already made us more resilient.

T Fearon

Resilient? We went into an away tie last night,with a three goal lead and still looked nervous and timid throughout,rode our luck time after time and eventually scraped through.

cornerback

Quote from: T Fearon on August 24, 2016, 06:41:51 AM
The sad fact is we are not improving,just scraping through,luckily at that.Contrast this with immediate improvements good new managers have made at Man Utd,Man City and Chelsea.

We should have breezed through the qualifying rounds given the opposition and arrived in the group stages with confidence high and a realistic chance of being competitive.Sadly we will be cannon fodder,all due to an inept and overpaid manager

And what about the impact Moyes is having a Sunderland - a manager you would've been happy to have at Celtic!

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on August 24, 2016, 06:41:51 AM

Chelsea have scraped wins in their two games so far against inferior opposition. Had that been Celtic you'd be making a big deal about it. Our manager is not inept at all. Getting the the CL has shown this

imtommygunn

Man city were lucky enough against sunderland and their scoreline against stoke was hugely flattering. You can slant any story to suit your agenda. Man city's champions league games can't be read into. They are semi finalists and the cost of their squad dwarfs that of their opposition.

Man united have won games on the back of one of the best players in the world signing for them and look at the money they have spent on Pogba.

Chelsea only beat Watford because Costa wasn't sent off.

A nonsense as usual.

charlieTully

Quote from: lenny on August 24, 2016, 06:53:51 AM
Quote from: ned on August 23, 2016, 11:23:04 PM

Well said. The result was all important last night. The bottom line is that that was the sort of tie which we would have lost last year under Deila and would have lost easily. Rodgers  has already made us more resilient.

spot on, very hostile ground last night, the home fans were outstanding, 12th man for sure, but apart from that absolute howler of a second goal we held on very well, the change in formation worked well, how Janko stayed on the field was bizarre though. Pity we didn't create more, Dembele could have snook one. Onwards and upwards.