Quote from: heffo on August 17, 2016, 09:18:58 AM
Quote from: MoChara on August 17, 2016, 08:55:30 AM
Total Market Value for Players

Celtic  48.03Mill
HAPOEL BEER SHEVA 10.88Mill

Steau Bucharest 22.31Mill
Manchester City 501.08Mill

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/celtic-fc/startseite/verein/371/saison_id/2016

Celtic still have a good advantage about 5 times the cost, but to say its on a par with Man Citys 250 times is a bit far out lol

Stature and history are worth a two goal head start. Everyone knows that.

Yes but having a chav on your team is minus a goal so net benefit is plus one I think.
That was never a square ball!!

T Fearon

Interesting to read in I News today that Dundalk players wanted Celtic as they reckon they could take them (after all a team from Gibraltar ran them close).It is precisely this perception that Rodgers has been brought in to dispense with.Failure to qualify is neither excusable nor an option given the investment the Board has made this summer.

oisinog

Quote from: T Fearon on August 17, 2016, 10:45:03 AM
Interesting to read in I News today that Dundalk players wanted Celtic as they reckon they could take them (after all a team from Gibraltar ran them close).It is precisely this perception that Rodgers has been brought in to dispense with.Failure to qualify is neither excusable nor an option given the investment the Board has made this summer.

They probably wanted to play Celtic as that draw would sell out the Aviva and it would be a bigger pay day for the club

T Fearon

No.They reckoned they had a realistic chance against Celtic.They've already pockets 5 or 6m euros and will sell out the Aviva anyway.Money isn't the issue.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on August 17, 2016, 11:06:57 AM
No.They reckoned they had a realistic chance against Celtic.They've already pockets 5 or 6m euros and will sell out the Aviva anyway.Money isn't the issue.

They won't sell out Aviva....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

I wouldnt bet against it.Loads of.Poles.going.Actually.witnessed a Polish guy buying a ticket at Ticketmaster in Portadown last Friday

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on August 17, 2016, 11:06:57 AM

They didn't really think they could take them. Pinch of salt tony.

T Fearon

They did and I for one wouldn't have been all that surprised

themac_23

Aye its easy to say that now that they've avoided us. bit like mouthing off about what you'd do to someone after the whole thing has been settled down and you've someone in-between you

Ulick

Quote from: T Fearon on August 17, 2016, 12:01:00 PM
I wouldnt bet against it.Loads of.Poles.going.Actually.witnessed a Polish guy buying a ticket at Ticketmaster in Portadown last Friday

Stephen Kenny on the radio this morning said they were hoping to match the 25k attendance at the cup final. Capacity of the Aviva is 52k.

illdecide

Quote from: themac_23 on August 17, 2016, 10:11:53 AM
Paddy Roberts still injured?

From reading reports i think the game is a week to early for him, he has a realistic chance of playing next week in the 2nd leg.

Up to 30k expected at Aviva tonight according to the news but thats for the Dundalk thread.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

straightred

Quote from: T Fearon on August 17, 2016, 12:01:00 PM

Well you should bet against it unless there was over 20,000 more poles in the queue behind him.

As for Dundalk drawing Celtic - they can thank their lucky stars that they didn't. Short journey, same climate, same time zone - Celtic would have killed the tie tonight in (a full) Lansdowne road

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on August 17, 2016, 01:20:29 PM
They did and I for one wouldn't have been all that surprised

No they didn't and you'd have been the only one

T Fearon

tonto1888