Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Agreed. That's exactly what worries me.Apart from moderate success at Swansea he has failed everywhere,including Reading

ned

Good to see such reasoned debate.
Tony, I am used to your ramblings, so easy to brush aside but I can't understand people who follow a team and are so constantly negative. We get it Rodgers isn't your favourite but let it lie and come back in a year and say 'I told you so' or admit you were wrong. Give it a rest.
As for posters who feel the need to make inane comment on particular threads and insult a whole group when they have no interest in the thread, I'm not sure what is lacking in your life but you need to reevaluate why you feel compelled to do so and what makes you so angry.

lenny

Quote from: T Fearon on July 26, 2016, 07:18:28 AM
Agreed. That's exactly what worries me.Apart from moderate success at Swansea he has failed everywhere,including Reading

Do you make allowances for injuries. Celtic have 5 centre backs injured for this game and will have to probably start with efe ambrose and lustig (a right back) or O'Connell (a rookie). I'm not confident given that astana did very well in last years champions league and have spent a lot of money.

southderryman

Quote from: lenny on July 26, 2016, 09:26:07 AM

Do you make allowances for injuries. Celtic have 5 centre backs injured for this game and will have to probably start with efe ambrose and lustig (a right back) or O'Connell (a rookie). I'm not confident given that astana did very well in last years champions league and have spent a lot of money.

There's no room for realism or facts in a discussion with that man. Given our injury situation and the state of the squad, this is an extremely tough tie

Main Street

Quote from: southderryman on July 26, 2016, 09:42:17 AM
Quote from: lenny on July 26, 2016, 09:26:07 AM

There's no room for realism or facts in a discussion with that man. Given our injury situation and the state of the squad, this is an extremely tough tie
There is a belief which is a total  fantasy, in that the belief is not even supported by anecdotal evidence but rather the belief is a fantasy alternate reality,  littered with a plethora of  'ifs' and 'shoulds' to connect the dots. Tony's brain is held together by a load of lines going hither and thither with a seamless dexterity (probably teflon enhanced), between 'should have done'  to 'if only'.

fearbrags

There may be reason to believe that Tony might be A female  ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

T Fearon

Obviously you don't understand the club's DNA nor that of its real supporters.Dermot Desmond was really cheesed off with the gloating of Rangers Directors after last season's Scottish Cup Semi Final,so he and Peter Lawwell sat down and crunched the numbers and brought in "a top class manager" to ensure no further under achievement.Qualifying for the Group Stages of the Champions League is a must this year,it is this prospect that has sold so many season tickets.

Now name me one Astana player? Exactly.The opposition Celtic face to qualify is far inferior to Celtic in terms of history,stature,support and budget.There is no excuse,Rodgers unlike Ronny is not seen as a cheap option or a gamble.He is supposed to be the real deal with a top dollar salary.

angermanagement

Is the main reason for the increase in season tickets not due to the fact Rangers are back in the SPL. Well that's the reason the secretary of one of the biggest Belfast Supporters clubs told me nothing to with the CL.

T Fearon

No.The appointment of a "top drawer" manager means big expectations particularly in Europe,and anticipation of big (I don't mean Gibraltar teams or Astana) European nights at Celtic Park.On a more encouraging note I see the manager himself says he has every confidence in his players to get the better of Astana.Unlike some on this thread,he realises failure is not an option.

southderryman

Quote from: T Fearon on July 26, 2016, 06:15:04 PM
Obviously you don't understand the club's DNA nor that of its real supporters.Dermot Desmond was really cheesed off with the gloating of Rangers Directors after last season's Scottish Cup Semi Final,so he and Peter Lawwell sat down and crunched the numbers and brought in "a top class manager" to ensure no further under achievement.Qualifying for the Group Stages of the Champions League is a must this year,it is this prospect that has sold so many season tickets.

Now name me one Astana player? Exactly.The opposition Celtic face to qualify is far inferior to Celtic in terms of history,stature,support and budget.There is no excuse,Rodgers unlike Ronny is not seen as a cheap option or a gamble.He is supposed to be the real deal with a top dollar salary.

What exactly is a real supporter Tony?

Rodgers most definitely isn't the cheap option, but he hasn't been backed financially to improve the squad yet....something you continually ignore for reasons I can't understand and you won't explain

southderryman

Quote from: angermanagement on July 26, 2016, 07:19:27 PM
Is the main reason for the increase in season tickets not due to the fact Rangers are back in the SPL. Well that's the reason the secretary of one of the biggest Belfast Supporters clubs told me nothing to with the CL.

What CSC is that?

lenny

Quote from: T Fearon on July 26, 2016, 06:15:04 PM

FC Astana are owned by the National Welfare Fund of Kazakhstan which has an estimated value of 75 billion dollars. The money gained from the state's oil and gas resources make Astana one of the richest clubs playing in the champions league and a team who are under no financial pressure to make the group stages. The team were only formed in 2009 and the objective was to have a team which promoted the country, hence the huge state investment.

imtommygunn

It is your small mindedness again fearon.  You have formed an opinion on rodgers and that's it. No money or time to do anything but must make an impact before, yes before, the season starts.

It defies logic but so do most of your opinions.

Of course rangers being back in impacts season ticket sales.

That's right that story doesn't fit your rhetoric so can't be true.

T Fearon

He isn't being paid millions to win the SPL.Ronny did that,and Rangers are at least three years away from being competitive.Would the same volume of season tickets have been sold if Ronny had stayed,no matter about Rangers being back? Name one Astana player? Failure to qualify will be inexcusable,and will cause supporter discontent and rumblings.There are no honeymoons at this level.Celtic are a far bigger club than any of the clubs  they will meet before the group stages.They have gone out on a limb to employ a big name manager on a record salary.Lets see him repay the faith and earn his money

southderryman

Quote from: T Fearon on July 26, 2016, 09:52:17 PM
He isn't being paid millions to win the SPL.Ronny did that,and Rangers are at least three years away from being competitive.Would the same volume of season tickets have been sold if Ronny had stayed,no matter about Rangers being back? Name one Astana player? Failure to qualify will be inexcusable,and will cause supporter discontent and rumblings.There are no honeymoons at this level.Celtic are a far bigger club than any of the clubs  they will meet before the group stages.They have gone out on a limb to employ a big name manager on a record salary.Lets see him repay the faith and earn his money

How about answering the previous question you were asked