?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

southderryman

Quote from: T Fearon on July 24, 2016, 03:53:31 PM
Why are we paying the manager a huge,record salary? To repeat winning the SPL? A team of Celtic's  stature and budget (in comparison to most others in the qualification rounds),and seeding, should realistically expect to qualify for the Champions League every year.This is not an unrealistic expectation.Astana's budget is no where near Celtic's.This will be a massive failure,for which there will be no excuse.You pay a manager a big salary and you expect him to deliver big results

Completely twisting the argument here and you know it. What we're talking about here is the current squad.

Nobody has said we don't have better resources than a lot of those teams. The fact is, we've suffered years of mismanagement at first team and board level. Millions have been squandered on utter shite. It is entirely unrealistic to expect a new manager to wave a magic wand and have us qualifying for the CL within a matter of weeks of taking over when he's lumbered with a large overpaid and below quality squad.

The manager will be expected to deliver, in time. As I've said, next seasons qualifiers is what he should be judged on, when he's had his chance to put his own stamp on the team and sign his own players. If you're going to judge him in July/ August, when he was only appointed at the end of may and has only had the players back 4 or 5 weeks says alot about your mindset and a complete lack of common sense

T Fearon

Rangers have no chance of winning SPL.The club have not gone out on a limb and paid a record salary to retain the SPL.The fans demand more,only the return of the big European nights will suffice.

Football managers ,on huge salaries,in charge of big clubs are required to deliver immediate results.

southderryman

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 24, 2016, 04:01:04 PM
Because the huns are back and Deila wouldn't cut the mustard.

The huns died 4 years ago

Deila was a shambles in Europe which is what cost him his job

T Fearon

Exactly,that's why Rodgers has been brought in on a record salary,to fix this problem right away

southderryman

Quote from: T Fearon on July 24, 2016, 04:14:12 PM
Exactly,that's why Rodgers has been brought in on a record salary,to fix this problem right away

Jesus Christ you're ridiculous  :o

illdecide

Seriously Tony, i know you're a bit of a wind up merchant as seen on previous threads but FFS you don't need to be winding up on this thread. BR will be expected to deliver no doubt about that and no matter if hes earns £100 a week or £40,000 per week is irrelevant, he's Celtic manager and needs to win. Id we make into CL this year it'll be great and for me we'll be punching above our weight with the squad we have. However, this time next year will be a different matter when BR has got rid of the players he feels is not good enough and has 4-5 of his own signings then he can be judged.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

I would be quite confident in saying that he has been set a Group Stage target for this year,and rightly so..Celtic can't afford a settling in year and to wave goodbye to £10m quid.Look after this round (if they make it through) Celtic  will come up against a team of roughly the standard of Bate/Dundalk (one of which will be in the final round).Are we seriously saying Rodgers,who already has players who have been transferred for £12m at his disposal,should be excused if he fails to defeat teams like this and qualify? I don't think so.

Apart from Ambrose,who is not good enough by the way? I repeat we are not up against the cream of Europe,just obscure teams from Eastern Europe and Scandanavia,who none is us could name a single player from.

Main Street

Quote from: T Fearon on July 24, 2016, 07:14:52 PM
I would be quite confident in saying that he has been set a Group Stage target for this year,and rightly so..Celtic can't afford a settling in year and to wave goodbye to £10m quid.Look after this round (if they make it through) Celtic  will come up against a team of roughly the standard of Bate/Dundalk (one of which will be in the final round).Are we seriously saying Rodgers,who already has players who have been transferred for £12m at his disposal,should be excused if he fails to defeat teams like this and qualify? I don't think so.

Apart from Ambrose,who is not good enough by the way? I repeat we are not up against the cream of Europe,just obscure teams from Eastern Europe and Scandanavia,who none is us could name a single player from.
If Celtic beat Astana over 2 legs then we will see who they get in the play off round, then we can discuss that task.

T Fearon

It should be irrelevant,Celtic have a bigger and better squad and budget than any of their potential opponents.Competent management is now required.

lenny

Quote from: T Fearon on July 24, 2016, 07:14:52 PM

I think you're right Tony. If we lose on Wednesday we should sack rodgers before the season starts and go through the process of trying to recruit a new manager. That would make a lot of sense.

Main Street

Quote from: T Fearon on July 24, 2016, 08:05:34 PM
It should be irrelevant,Celtic have a bigger and better squad and budget than any of their potential opponents.Competent management is now required.
If  is now being replaced by should  ;D

it should be  but it isn't  irrelevant,  because Celtic have a poorer squad now and have performed poorly for the 3 last seasons against this standard of opponent. progressively getting worse. Progressively worse since Lennon's final season, who with a much better team barely scraped into the group stage.

T Fearon

Celtic should always be capable of beating the likes of Maribor and Malmo,the teams that deprived them of Group places in the last two seasons.The squad was of sufficient quality but were set up poorly.If Ronny was a gamble, and a cheap one at that,Rodgers,remunerated at £2m a year,was brought specifically  in to provide the proven proper management and tactical nous to ensure Celtic beat these opponents,to which they are tactically superior and have superior budgets (including £12m players) etc.If he cannot do this he is a vastly overpaid failure, and no better than Ronny.There is no excuse,even this season for failing, and I would say when offering him the huge salary both Desmond and Lawwell factored in Champions League group stage qualification as a means of partially financing the huge salary of the manager.

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on July 24, 2016, 09:55:43 PM4
Celtic should always be capable of beating the likes of Maribor and Malmo,the teams that deprived them of Group places in the last two seasons.The squad was of sufficient quality but were set up poorly.If Ronny was a gamble, and a cheap one at that,Rodgers,remunerated at £2m a year,was brought specifically  in to provide the proven proper management and tactical nous to ensure Celtic beat these opponents,to which they are tactically superior and have superior budgets (including £12m players) etc.If he cannot do this he is a vastly overpaid failure, and no better than Ronny.There is no excuse,even this season for failing, and I would say when offering him the huge salary both Desmond and Lawwell factored in Champions League group stage qualification as a means of partially financing the huge salary of the manager.

The man needs at least a year to revamp the squad and get a grip on the job, at the very least he would need to win the league and a cup, group stage CL would be tremendous but he is working with Ronnies players, Tony, you are taking the puss.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

I am not.To qualify for the group stages of the Champions League you are required to beat obscure teams from Eastern European or Scandanavian countries,who not one of us could name a single player from.You don't have to beat Barcelona or Real Madrid.

If Ronny had only shut up shop against Malmo last year at 2 nil the deal would have been sealed.Major failure if Rodgers doesn't qualify and will not justify the huge salary he is being paid.

Over the Bar

Rodgers was a gormless idiot at Liverpool, so well matched to the club's supporters.  Complete fcukwits to a man.  Hopefully he's learned from that abject failure in his career.....