Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Captain Obvious

That Celtic champions league knock out will look worse once Malmo struggle to win any game in the group stages

reddgnhand

Quote from: T Fearon on August 25, 2015, 09:36:44 PM
Let's pretend we're Tyrone,moan about our inability to score goals,and a referee who doesn't give us penalties and how we're going to win the Champions League next year   ;D

Good time for a laugh. Sure you're a Spurs fan that uses Celtic for bigoted reasons.

charlieTully

Quote from: T Fearon on August 25, 2015, 09:36:44 PM
Let's pretend we're Tyrone,moan about our inability to score goals,and a referee who doesn't give us penalties and how we're going to win the Champions League next year   ;D

And your point is?

T Fearon

My point is that we can be delusional like Tyrone supporters

reddgnhand

Quote from: T Fearon on August 25, 2015, 09:58:17 PM

"we" as in who Spurs or Celtic?

Club Rossa

That was absolutely awful tonight but as much as I' disappointed they would have got absolutely torn apart in the CL.
As for the windfall that would have came with a win tonight,the board wouldn't have spent tuppence anyway :(

AZOffaly

Sutton fairly tore into the Celtic board. And he didn't like the presenter either 😄

rrhf

Incomparable nonsense. 

Main Street

Probably the worst ever Celtic performance in Europe in a game where something really mattered. Use any word to describe that performance, gutless, tactless, cowardly, lackadaisical,spineless, leaderless, aimless.
Regardless, there is no way Celtic should be in the CL after that play-off effort.
EL group stage is a welcome consolation prize, one that Celtic don't deserve and one where they will struggle to make an impact.

T Fearon

Poor performance,but had the most blatant penalty in the history of football been awarded,that could have levelled the score and reduced Malmo to ten men,and the outcome may have been different.This is a new and young Celtic team that has a lot to learn about managing big games like this.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: reddgnhand on August 25, 2015, 10:05:14 PM

"we" as in who Spurs or Celtic?
Both (as in deluded)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

general

Virgil Van Dyke was nothing but a disgrace last night, if Southampton wish to pay £10m jesus Celtic should bite the hand off them!

Only for Gordon last night it would have been even more embarrassing. Replacing Forrest at a crucial time and keeping Johansen on the filed puzzled me a bit.

Poor side, who can only count their blessings they wont be involved in the Champions League Group Stages - They would have been hammered!

Until Celtic deal with the issue of not being able to win away from home - they will never do anything. They are a 2nd grade team playing in an excuse of a league. They wouldn't even finish in the top half of the English Premier

An Watcher

The statement that celtic wouldn't last in this division or that division really annoys me.  Yes it is true they are a poor side in a poor league that would struggle in the championship never mind the premiership.  They do however have a massive fan base and a massive stadium.  If they ever do get into the English leagues their coffers would be bulging to such an extent that they would be able to attract proper players. I mean gary hooper leaves celtic for norwich, van dijk contemplating Southampton over celtic. You can't blame these fellas for going for financial reasons but the only thing that could affect celtic if they got into the premiership is geographical location. They are a huge club which will struggle until such time as they get into the English or some sort of European league. A sad state of affairs

themac_23

Very poor, i actually feel for Ronny Delia, everyone knows we are crying out for a striker and Citci isn't the answer, how do the board expect us to be in champions league when we spend the sort of money that would still be pocket change to Europa League clubs? we are at a cross roads, either start to put in the right money and make champions league every year and actually go to compete and not make up the numbers or keep doing what we are doing, see crowds dwindle and make the odd CL group stage where we struggle to get a point or 2.

Applesisapples

I don't feel sorry for Deila, he managed to win a league that is poor. John Collins couldn't make it managing in the same league what makes us think he can do it at Celtic? Tactically naïve, poor players and absolutely no pride in either themselves or the jersey. Celtic have at least 3 times the average gate at Malmo yet they were streets apart in terms of heart and ability and will to win. Celtic need the CL if they want to attract and hold decent players, alas the boards ambition seems to end at the SPL. An embarrassment.