Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

They're not defined by Rangers, in the last 8 years neither club has had the resources to buy a De Boer or Sutton.

StGallsGAA

QuoteThey're not defined by Rangers, in the last 8 years neither club has had the resources to buy a De Boer or Sutton.

Surely even Rangers could afford those two at this stage of their careers??

ONeill

Yes they are.

Celtic have crumbled as a European mini-force since Rangers went under.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bennydorano

They are holding of & stockpiling resources until Rangers return, sure they could win the current SPL with the cleaning staff ffs. Copies of Sun Tzu's Art of War litter the boardroom.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: dec on August 27, 2014, 10:50:54 PM
Celtic play in Glasgow and Glasgow is in Scotland.
The English league won't happen.
Unless the SFA, IFA, FAW and FA all fold into a UKFA which won't happen.
Not sure what Swansea Cardiff wrexham Etc who have all played in English top flight would make of that!

lynchbhoy

Oh sweet Jayzus
Celtic defined by rangers!!!!!
Celtic have gone down in Europe since the Huns went bust!!

Not sure if folk were watching the demise of Celtic since Mon left and the annual tv/income dwindled annually !!
Clueless!
But some folk aren't conversant in business and the real world!

T Fearon

Lb Celtic are not defined by Rangers ,neither club has the money of old (ie spending tenners for every fiver the other one spends) for at least ten years now.

The achievements of Strachan and Lennon in getting Celtic into the last 16 were nothing short of miraculous (something that O Neill with far more money and Larsson) couldn't do.They showed it can be done and the club needs to develop a strategy that leads to the group stages consistently.

seafoid

The turnover figures for French football teams are stark. In the top division the third tier have incomes of around 30m. Monaco and I think Lyon and OM have 130-140m in the second tier.  PSG have 450m.

Looking at the big picture there is a Euro super money league emerging - I would class  PSG, Chelsea, Man city, The 2 Spanish big hitters, Bayern as the core . It'll be based above all on population and wealth generating capacity.  Even Monaco will get left behind.

Celtic will be nowhere near it. Man Utd would want to shape up too. Could the north of England support 2 or 3  clubs given the economics?   

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on August 28, 2014, 06:30:46 AM
Lb Celtic are not defined by Rangers ,neither club has the money of old (ie spending tenners for every fiver the other one spends) for at least ten years now.

The achievements of Strachan and Lennon in getting Celtic into the last 16 were nothing short of miraculous (something that O Neill with far more money and Larsson) couldn't do.They showed it can be done and the club needs to develop a strategy that leads to the group stages consistently.
Miraculous indeed!
Strachan and Lennon also had Celtic stuffed by euro opposition and let's be honest, it was parking the bus and hoping to steal a goal from a set piece - which was the method of victory v Barcelona and a few more. Hardly competing on the same level!

Though yes it was fantastic if not miraculous to qualify!
Luck played a part- the teams drawn in those groups where Celtic qualified would not have been as good as the sides Mon's teams faced!

Still I agree with seafoid- money is needed. Without it , Celtic are doomed to join the ranks of huns and the level of teams in Irish soccer leagues!

Need to get into English league. That's the only answer. Dermot Desmond wants to get in there also!

T Fearon

Well we missed Chelsea,Schalke and Sporting Lisbon.A not unbeatable group though probably better not to have Chavs at Celtic Park

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: T Fearon on August 28, 2014, 05:44:44 PM
Well we missed Chelsea,Schalke and Sporting Lisbon.A not unbeatable group though probably better not to have Chavs at Celtic Park

A fine Pyrrhic victory Tony,  one that all Celtic fans can be proud for years to come!!!

rodney trotter

Europa League fixtures

18 September: Partizan Belgrade v Tottenham, Red Bull Salzburg v Celtic, Everton v Wolfsburg.

2 October: Tottenham v Besiktas, Celtic v Dinamo Zagreb, Krasnodar v Everton.

23 October: Tottenham v Asteras Tripolis, Celtic v Astra Giurgiu, Lille v Everton.

6 November: Asteras Tripolis v Tottenham, Astra Giurgiu v Celtic, Everton v Lille

27 November: Tottenham v Partizan Belgrade, Celtic v Red Bull Salzburg, Wolfsburg v Everton.

11 December: Besiktas v Tottenham, Dinamo Zagreb v Celtic, Everton v Krasnodar.

T Fearon

Not much to get excited about in those fixtures,no full houses that's for sure

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Dinamo Zagreb are a great club with a colourful past and political associations. A brilliant place to go and watch football. I was there around 15 years ago. Memorable!!! Red Bull Salzburg are a decent club too. I think Europa league is more Celtic's level.

Club Rossa

Going on what we've witnessed so far Celtic will struggle to make it out of that group.