Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Yes,policy of investing in young potential then selling on at a substantial profit is financially sound but not conducive to team development.Samaras is simply a victim of age discrimination

bennydorano

Georgie's wages are probably one of the biggest at the club tho.

I can remember back in the day Andreas Thom rumoured to be on 10k a week, wonder what the top wage is now? 10k a week is probably still a big wage at Celtic & a pipe dream for the rest of Scottish football.

illdecide

£25k in their largest salary. It's been capped at that for a long time now and i doubt there are too many are on that amount!!!
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

rodney trotter

Bit of talk about Del Piero being interested in joining Celtic, strongly linked 2 years but deal fell through and joined Sydney. Free agent now, will be 40 in November though.

T Fearon

Del Piero wouldn't be coming to Celtic Pk if he was 30 never mind 40. Doesn't fit the buy young sell on at big profit straty

rodney trotter

Sure Lennon wanted him in 2012, or did he think he was in his 20's?

Orior

Celtic very very rusty.

Some nice Icelandic birds in the stand.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

clarshack

Celtic should have won by 3 or 4.
Stokes was brutal once again.

bennydorano

Any talk of transfer targets? Could do with some fresh faces & a bit of impetus. Not expecting much like, but still.

lynchbhoy

was happy enough with the perf last night!

despite brian kerr on the commentary repeatedly telling us that the pitch was great or loooooked lov-erly , the pitch was a bit of a paddy field and the ball kept getting stuck in either longish grass of just overly wet (overly watered) playing surfaces.

Celtic played too many lads in recent pre-season games and thus don't have settled side yet.
Commns should have had 4 goals. Stokes looked to create and in that he was decent, but poor as a finisher -though few if any chances (one I can recall actually).

still work to do in the return game as it is in hampden not celtic park.
these games will bring the side on. Thought Johansen looked good, as did Van Djik (when not too complacent as he was at times near the end) and Lustig/Ambrose v good.

Im surprised a few teams haven't broken the bank to buy Van D, Ambrose and Lustig- the three of them for example would augment Man u and liverpools defence by 600% if all bought!

lynchbhoy

....and though he is only back from world cup duty, I still think Izzaguire is a bit of a weak link.

Boergetter (sp) looked decent in the 8-10 mins he got last night. Great crosser of a ball.

ned

Return match is at Murrayfield. As comprehensive a 1-0 as you are likely to see. Stokes was only just okay and we need a centre forward urgently.

illdecide

The match is on bbc Scotland tonight im led to believe. ..can anyone confirm this?

bennydorano

I was checking Sky EPG last nite & there was no sign of it on any of the Scottish channels. Irish news seems to think BBC Scotland is covering it tho. Bbc Alba maybe?

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on July 22, 2014, 01:26:57 PM
I was checking Sky EPG last nite & there was no sign of it on any of the Scottish channels. Irish news seems to think BBC Scotland is covering it tho. Bbc Alba maybe?

I just run thru the channels there but no sign of it and def not on BBC Scotland...