Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

I wouldn't have mentioned it in case my motives would be questioned ;D but that assist by Forrest was in fact a glaring miss by Forrest, in an acre of free space, with the whole goal to aim at, from a distance of 3 or 4m, he directed the header straight to the goalkeeper, who deflected it into the path of Stokes.
Izaguirre was excellent and Stokes did alright.

T Fearon

In all seriousness I have met no Celtic supporter who doesnt believe that Forrest is an excellent prospect and has already proven himself at first team level,though admittedly not yet in Europe,though that will come in time.

Main Street

I'm just a friendly observer, a sympathetic type of chap, not a Celtic supporter.
I just haven't seen his gifted displays yet. Obviously he's impressed everybody else in the many games I haven't seen.

He's 21 now, next season he'll be 22, maybe he will become a regular starter for Celtic, or get a good run of games due to some injury or other, time will tell.

T Fearon

Well with the exception of the Juventus game he has never failed to impress me.Example of a great game? At Easter Road,against Hibs in League Cup last season when he tore the home defence apart.

T Fearon

Roma 1 Juventus 0, in  Serie A tonight! Totti!  ;D

the Deel Rover

On nationwide at 7 o clock programme about Sean Fallon the Celtic Legend from Sligo for anyone that is interested.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

reddgnhand

Quote from: Main Street on February 16, 2013, 06:36:16 PM
I'm just a friendly observer, a sympathetic type of chap, not a Celtic supporter.
I just haven't seen his gifted displays yet. Obviously he's impressed everybody else in the many games I haven't seen.

He's 21 now, next season he'll be 22, maybe he will become a regular starter for Celtic, or get a good run of games due to some injury or other, time will tell.

He has been  very unlucky with injuries but has a great future.

camanchero

imo Forresst is a good young player.has shown plenty of times in his first season that he is a great out and out winger.
Showed glimpses last night of what he is about, but Ambrose too slow to put the ball out to him .
Teams in the CL even seem to have done their homework on him as he draws two defenders most times this and last season when he features.

Not he finished article yet but a better winger than McGeady.
McGeady's best position is behind the front one/two in the middle. He played a few times there for Celtic and tormented opponents as he could go right or left and shoot. He is a far better shooter than a crosser.

Another decent perf from Celtic last night- shows that posession counts for feck all if you cant do anything in the final third. Celtic were just not sharp enough - following up parried shots at either end.
Juve a very good side and Celtic surprised me by getting into the CL let alone the last 16.

Will sell a couple of players, which might or might not have much of an effect on the side.
If it is only hooper, Wanyama and Ambrose, then these can be replaced by stokes, Kayal, Rogne.
Still need to unearth a few more.

Celtics biggest test will be the qualifying stages of next seasons CL. That is their CL. the group stages ae a bonus.

Well done to the squad and Lennon - who is learning loads, making mistakes but learning.

Celtic will only ever reach top potential again if they can get into the english leagues.

T Fearon

Yes a great season in Europe, more than could have been anticipated. Shame the needless early goal was conceded against Juve at Celtic Park.

stew

Quote from: camanchero on March 07, 2013, 09:36:05 AM
imo Forresst is a good young player.has shown plenty of times in his first season that he is a great out and out winger.
Showed glimpses last night of what he is about, but Ambrose too slow to put the ball out to him .
Teams in the CL even seem to have done their homework on him as he draws two defenders most times this and last season when he features.

Not he finished article yet but a better winger than McGeady.
McGeady's best position is behind the front one/two in the middle. He played a few times there for Celtic and tormented opponents as he could go right or left and shoot. He is a far better shooter than a crosser.

Another decent perf from Celtic last night- shows that posession counts for feck all if you cant do anything in the final third. Celtic were just not sharp enough - following up parried shots at either end.
Juve a very good side and Celtic surprised me by getting into the CL let alone the last 16.

Will sell a couple of players, which might or might not have much of an effect on the side.
If it is only hooper, Wanyama and Ambrose, then these can be replaced by stokes, Kayal, Rogne.
Still need to unearth a few more.

Celtics biggest test will be the qualifying stages of next seasons CL. That is their CL. the group stages ae a bonus.

Well done to the squad and Lennon - who is learning loads, making mistakes but learning.

Celtic will only ever reach top potential again if they can get into the english leagues.

Great post, I don't think however you can adequately replace those three players with the one's you mentioned.

The club made a lot of money in this campaign and the manager has shown he and his scouts have a talent for finding gems in the rough, I think the manager has done an outstanding job overall and the fans are both tremendous and grateful, hopefully they can take it to the next level.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Main Street

I think Ambrose blew a gasket at the ACoN, as can happen, it looks like he needs a break.
My pick for all the  CL games would be Wilson and Wanyama with Samaras not far behind.
Wanyama should have his pick of clubs to move to, he has improved on his game no ends and would fit into most teams, just below the top of the class teams.
Outstanding performance, probably both Forster and  Matthews v Barca.
I didn't see much of Forrest in the CL, maybe at age 22 next season will be the time for him to break on through, i.e. if Celtic can beat off the queue of bidders to hold onto him ;D 

From the Bunker

Quote from: camanchero on March 07, 2013, 09:36:05 AM

Being in the English league would be a double edged sword, true there would be more finance from TV etc, but there would be no guarantee of Champions League football every year. Remember there are many big cities in England such as Newcastle, Leeds and Birmingham (to name a few) who struggle to have really successful teams.

T Fearon

League clinched in style today and another cracking Samaras goal.A pleasure to be at Celtic Park to witness it, On negative side Ledley is returning to Cardiff according to the papers in Scotland.

Main Street

Sounds like a no brainer transfer rumour, not unlike  ........ (name any Irish player)  transfer rumour to Mick McCarthy's Sunderland Wolves Ipswich.
That was a very good second half at Celtic Park, great goals, a worthy game and performance to clinch the title.
That was some countdown to Lennon coming out afterwards, that drama would have made Steve Jobs stand up in his grave and watch with envy ;D
Neil after managing to rub the SFA noses in it with that entrance, then went on to rub a few more, when he gave special mention to the Green Brigade in his speech. More power to them, they have really turned out some spectacular banner and choreographed displays.