Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Well here we go again, another match and me saying it could be the result to turn the season around!  ;)
Interesting week in Glasgow, Commons and Lennon hopefully putting the rift rumours to bed with the training pitch antics, another business taking Rangers to court over unpaid monies and surprise surprise more injury woes for the "Tic".
Hope that Commons joke at training is a sign that Lennon has now got the team back on side, with an International break coming up IMO Celtic should take the Bhoys off to La Manga or somewhere for a bit of team building.

Beating Rennes tonight is not an impossibility, but not a given either (they have come with their full strength side), a win by any score will be great and will hopefully kick start the season proper (sets himself up for a fall tomorrow  ;))

Prediction Celtic 2 - Rennes 1

Hail Hail
Tbc....

Forever Green

Agree with that GDA. I think those rumours are complete and utter shite. So many injuries to contend with tonight. Bad news that Mark Wilson is out for 6 months by the looks of things. Just has no luck with that knee. Still quite confident of getting a win tonight. Rennes are nothing special. Hooper definitely needs a rest so I would drop him to the bench. If ourselves and Udinese win tonight and we beat Atletico at home in the next game, we are qualified from a very tough group. 3-2 win with Stokes getting two and Commons returning to form with a goal

Would go with this team:

Zaluska
         Cha          Maj                  Loovens      Matthews
         Forrest     Kayal                Wanyama    Commons
                                 McCourt
                                 Stokes     

Forever Green

Official Line up:

Forster

Cha
Maj
Loovens
Matthews

Forrest
Kayal
Wanyama
McCourt

Stokes
Samaras

Subs:Zaluska, Hooper, Commons, P George, J Chalmers, M Fraser & C McGregor

Delighted to see McCourt get a start but it kind of evens out with a certain Greek starting up front. Still, a very attacking team from Lenny. Wanyama will have to put in a massive shift to protect two accident prone central defenders

Family guy

Celtic are pure tripe,dont know how you could follow that every week

sammymaguire

Quote from: Family guy on November 03, 2011, 08:20:24 PM
Celtic are pure tripe,dont know how you could follow that every week

What channel are you watching them winning on?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Club Rossa

It's called supporting your team Family Guy.True,Celtic aren't very good these days but if you support a team you stick with them through thick and thin.Simple really.

Forever Green

Doing well so far. Lets keep it up. That zonal marking pish loses us another goal. Cant believe I am saying this but well done to Sammy for that second goal. Brilliant knock on from the big man. He`s still shite ;D. Rennes are woeful defensively and we need to keep attacking them at every opportunity. Get Forrest on the ball as much as possible and he will inflict a lot of damage

Family guy

I duno was just a sharp statement i mean cause did them in a bet and then seen they were 1 down and so went on a rant,be a good win for them and fair play to lennon if he pulls it off

Forever Green

Well done Bhoys. Fantastic performance considering how many players were out injured. Also, a big well done to Samaras. Played very well in setting two goals up. Delighted with that result. Lets kick on from this and finally get our season started!! A massive well done to Marcus Fraser also. For a 17 year old to come into our defence and look so composed was great to see. Lots of young talent at Celtic.

Hail Hail!!!

Main Street

GDA will be on a bender for a few days.

I think they said Wilson will be out for 3 months.

Jonah

Loads of empty seats in Park Head tonight,how times have changed from a few short years ago.

Forever Green

Quote from: Main Street on November 03, 2011, 10:35:45 PM
GDA will be on a bender for a few days.

I think they said Wilson will be out for 3 months.

Aye, got the operation on the knee last night. Better news than what was expected but still crushing for him as he has battled over the last couple of years to stay injury free.

Forever Green

Quote from: Jonah on November 03, 2011, 10:39:00 PM
Loads of empty seats in Park Head tonight,how times have changed from a few short years ago.

Better attendance tonight than a lot of people thought it would have been considering our recent woes. The current financial situation doesn't help a lot of fans either

Club Rossa

Samaras put in a decent shift last night for a change.Stokes took his 2nd goal well and Kayal was very strong in the tackle though he gave a few balls away too.Defence was suspect again and i would like to see Rogne and Mulgrew back in there.