Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whats my name

wouldn't say givney had an outstanding game but kept probably the best midfielder in ulster at the minute kieran toner quiet for most of the game if that was galligan we would be singing from the high heavens about how good he was!

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Homer on March 18, 2009, 03:12:46 PM
EDIT-  D'oh missed it on previous page  :P

Cavan u21 team for tonight....

Alan O'Meara (Bailieborough)
Patrick Carroll (Ballinagh)
Rory Dunne (Redhills)
Raymond Farrelly (Ramor)
Daniel Graham (Cavan Gaels)
James McEnroe (Ramor)
Barry Watters (Drung)
David Givney (Mountnugent)
GearĂ³id McKiernan (Swanlinbar)
Declan McKiernan (Killeshandra)
Eugene Keating (Cuchullains)
Robert Maloney Derham (Cavan Gaels)
Niall McDermott (Ballinagh)
Raymond Cullivan (Ballyhaise)
Conor Smith (Cuchuillains)

Dane O'Dowd, Enda Gaffney, Adrian Cole and Niall O'Reilly all out injured. Fairly strong side considering the injuries, lots of versatility there. Looking like I'll be able to make the trip up, hopefully it will be a happy one home.

To be honest im not suprised we lost,id have to disagree with you on it being a fairly strong side,Homer

Raymond Farrelly
Daniel Graham
James McEnroe 
Robert Maloney Derham(Not in the same class as Niall Murray )

None of those 4 are up to it at this level in my opinion

Conor Smith was highly rated from his displays with Virgina College, ive never seen anything from him in a Cavan jersey at any level.

Who was good and bad Rednblack?

cavan4ever

TBC 7.00pm Cavan v Fermanagh/Down

Semi Finals
TBC 7.00pm Donegal/Antrim v Cavan/Fermanagh/Down

Just noticed that these games are fixed for saturday evenings, i prefer sunday games myself especially championship games.

Have there being any venues decided, i though i seen a while back that there was.

mylestheslasher

I'm almost certain that if Fermanagh win the preliminary round then we play them in Breffni. If Down win its in Clones I think.

cavan4ever

Quote from: the salmon of knowledge on March 11, 2009, 07:24:00 PM
someone wrote a comment a while back regarding something they read on the post... does anyone else find the ravings of the "journalist" writing under the heading CSI a bit much??
A couple of weeks ago he totally ridiculed larry and this week praising him.. some other stuff the guy writes is a bit iffy

Just another point on this CSI dude in the Cavan Post.  Twice he said in his artile this week "Where is Gerad Pierson gone?" as if he had vanished of the face of the earth, while else where in the paper in the Tommy Carr post match interview it said that Pierson was injured and should be back in two weeks so id say he was one of the few people interested in Cavan football who didnt know because Carr said it on radio aswell

the salmon of knowledge

think you should have reread some of that last post put it up, some of it doesnt make sense.

anyway, from what i seen of the armagh game the FF line were bad, every one of them. CHB was useless to be honest and the no 12 had a free run the whole game long. mid field were overpowered under kickouts, same as what most other people are saying really, pity though, been at most competitive matches this year with the exception of Down and have seen nothing yet to inspire me

put-it-up

Apologies if you cant make senso of stuff SOK, was typing in a hurry.

What you have problems understanding? Just had a quick look at it, with regards to Givney, i meant he should have been put FF if they wanted Cullivan brought out.

club_man

Well lads,

Interesting to read that only one player of the starting u-21 team is overage next year (Cullivan). i know there were some good young players playing on wednesday but surely there should be more of the minor team from 3 years ago playing.

Just came accross the minorfrom 2006

James McEvoy; Niall O'Reilly, Terry Smith, Damien O'Reilly; James McEnroe, Dane O'Dowd, Barry Watters; Rory Dunne, Raymond Cullivan (0-1); Colm Smith (0-1, free), Paddy Brady, Eugene Keating (0-1); Enda McHugh (0-1), Conor Smith, Enda Gaffney (0-1, free).
Subs; Martin Dunne (0-1) for Enda Gaffney; Martin Cunningham for Conor Smith; Sean Higgins for Rory Dunne.

Quite a few lads have been lost over the past few years for various reasons.

boojangles

I v only just got over Mr Pains Daddys Boy jibe, I just couldnt face the Board I was that hurt :'( :'(.
But at least there was some heated debate in my absence which is always good. Im gonna be a Mammys Boy 2mrw and wont be travelling to Tullamore either.
Very disappointed about the U-21 result but I suppose I shouldnt really be, I've kinda become immune to pain from Cavan underage defeats. One thing that really riled me about the defeat was what I heard the following day,One of the subs that came on for the U-21s had been drinking all weekend and yet this lad got a run. This man obviously has no respect for himself, his club or his county.
WTF is it with this county.

boojangles

Quote from: put-it-up on March 21, 2009, 02:14:18 PM
Quote from: boojangles on March 21, 2009, 12:12:58 PM
I v only just got over Mr Pains Daddys Boy jibe, I just couldnt face the Board I was that hurt :'( :'(.
But at least there was some heated debate in my absence which is always good. Im gonna be a Mammys Boy 2mrw and wont be travelling to Tullamore either.
Very disappointed about the U-21 result but I suppose I shouldnt really be, I've kinda become immune to pain from Cavan underage defeats. One thing that really riled me about the defeat was what I heard the following day,One of the subs that came on for the U-21s had been drinking all weekend and yet this lad got a run. This man obviously has no respect for himself, his club or his county.
WTF is it with this county.

From the sounds of things there is going to be a fairly shocking crowd at the game tomorrow. Not going myself either. From what I hear Boojangles, that sub you are referring to was even drinking on Paddy's day..the day before the game. He wasnt drunk now or anything I believe but he was still sitting in a pub the day before a game havin a pint or two. It's not good enough and how the management did not hear about it I will never know.

I dont know when Cavans teams are going to get sick of losing. They are stuck in a rut and cant get out of it. I genuinely believe, they forget what it takes to win at this level. One bunch is going to have to stand up and say 'f*ck this'. Last years minors were the best I have seen in recent years. They genuinely looked like a team, and worked for each other. During the week, the u21's just looked like a bunch of indivuduals. To be honest - looking at them, pissed me off.

Does anyway else thing the U21's should have a separate manager? Like i accept they would need to get on with the senior manager and trust one another. But two teams should have two managers
Exactly,like surely someone on the team should have had a quiet word to the captain or manager about it. I heard he was drinking Friday,Saturday,Sunday and Monday.That kind of carry on wouldnt go on with a team or panel that was well prepared and well bonded. I really dont think it matters if the manager is doing both Senior and U-21 jobs,once he is good enough.Martin McHugh had no problem in 96,and Eamon Coleman(Marty McElkannon) nearly brought us Ulster glory in 2005. Things were starting to turn for Cavan around 2005.Our Seniors nearly bet Tyrone that year before making the Last 12 of the Championship, the U-21s were a kick of a ball away from an Ulster title.While our Minors took the eventual All-Ireland champs to a replay and extra-time.We had the one of best coaches in the business training our Seniors and U-21s and he was bringing a Tyrone type preparation into Cavan.We havent been the same since he left IMO.

anglocelt39

Hope someone can post about Offaly game as I don't think the missus would appreciate a NFL entrance fee as a Mothers Day gift!!!!!!

Bloody helll rednblack a mothers day gift for the wife, I thought it was only us savages from outside the cosmopolitan confines of Cavan town that were guilty of such deparvity. Only actin the maggot by the way, enjoy the day. Glad to hear rumors of Walsh back in action tomorrow
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

whats my name

boojangles i know the lad you were talking about we where talking to him sunday night when we were out in cavan town (not drinking big game next sunday) and he could barely hold a conversation i believe he was a gaels man. its actually a farce the way a lad who might be fully committed to playing football for cavan and didn't get picked for the team and go and see a lad who was drinking the whole weekend getting playing on wedensday night.

cavan4ever

The way things are in this county if a lad wasnt out drinking he would be odd.

Celt_Man

Was this lad a sub and a Gaels lad? Leaves only one option if so.
Am headin to the game this afternoon so I'll let ye all know how it pans out
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Lawrence of Knockbride

Saw Higgins in the first game of the year (Celt-Man will back me on this) and he's bout 2-3 stone overweight and it shows on him being so small. Headin to the game myself so I will post my amateur opinion later. Lot of lads not going. We must be a mothering county since we can't call ourselves a footballing one anymore. :'( ;D