Things I do not understand

Started by Orior, May 29, 2019, 11:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 01, 2019, 01:54:55 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 01, 2019, 01:22:25 AM
Quote from: Hound on May 31, 2019, 11:01:17 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 31, 2019, 09:18:43 PM
Why do Irish people support certain English soccer teams? Why do people who are not from Manchester support United?
I think you have to be a bit thick not to know the answer to this.

Let's hear it then.

Loads of Irish support NFL teams in the US, and nobody ever questions that. Yet, when Ireland had American football teams, they'd get a handful of supporters, the Irish Patriots, etc fans didn't give a flying fook about local teams and they've probably all gone belly up.

Since when?

Since when? Are you serious?  I remember following the NFL when I was in primary school which was 30 years ago. I vividly remember the Bears team in 1985-86 that beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. I remember playing ad naseum the game on the C64 that was based on that final. Jim McMahon, Walter Payton and William 'the Fridge' Perry were my favourites. NFL has been huge in Ireland and my brother actually played on one of the teams that was set up in Dublin in the mid 90's. No one questions this nor the following of the NBA. Why should people not follow a team in England, or Scotland, or Italy or Spain?

I used to play in the Irish AF League. There's actually more teams now then ever, about 30. When I started playing in 2004 there were only 6 teams.

https://www.americanfootball.ie

It's a shame they've come up with generic American team names and logos completely ignoring local history and culture. While I enjoyed it, it was a bit annoying being around a load of south side Dubliners acting very American. That and the reluctance to speed the way the game was played up a bit made match days tediously long and harder to enjoy.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

johnnycool

Quote from: Puckoon on June 01, 2019, 03:22:40 AM
The comment about Jean Shorts being acceptable.

What's not to like;

:o

imtommygunn

johnnycool

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 04, 2019, 01:34:45 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 03, 2019, 12:02:38 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on June 01, 2019, 03:22:40 AM
The comment about Jean Shorts being acceptable.

What's not to like;

:o
Was that you on holiday jonny? Where was that taken?

That man has more hair on his arse than I have on my head...
;D

Milltown Row2

The need for social acceptence via Facebook/snapchat/instagram

God help our kids
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Why the what the f**k thread was locked.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Boycey

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 07, 2019, 08:06:30 PM
Why the what the f**k thread was locked.

Ha, I just came on to post similar

Dire Ear

Eamonnca1

Probably because of two contributors having a ding-dong.

Lads, I didn't tout on yiz.