Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derryboy99

With no Creggan tournament in ulster this year all this seems pointless seeding teams A and B.
Derry championship A section was 4 games and Magherafelt won. It's that simple

CitySlicker11

What happened to this years Creggan u21 tournament, is it just a case of no room in the schedule for it?

Derryboy99

Some county's play u20 club instead of u21 as its gong to u20 in next year or 2 so last year was end of it Plus Derry u21 is 13 a side not 15 

Belfast GAA man

Don't think they r even bothering with refs for the b championship as MR2 deems it a waste of time

Milltown Row2

It's a waste in that the games should have been a knockout competition, and we wouldn't have the amount of gurning on here, mainly from yourself  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BigBallWeeBall

All you city boys need to dry your eyes

Milltown Row2

Quote from: farset on November 29, 2018, 10:02:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2018, 01:21:27 PM
Why is everyone getting their knickers in a twist over a 'b' competition ?

A 21 year old is only concerned with winning the top level grade of their club (be that Junior, Intermediate or senior), everything else won't be remembered..

Your first statement smacks completely of snobbery and condescension. To a St Galls team it might only be a B. To others and genuine B teams it is important to those players.

For many of these 20 year olds it could well be their last go at playing with team mates or even playing at all such is the culture of post 21 year old GAA. The B championship having more games could well persuade some yougg lads to stick at it especially if they got a run or even a bit of success.

St Enda's being in it will have knocked the stuffing out of most of not all teams and if they had anything about them they'd withdraw in protest. As DR already pointed out, they got on and get on with their various competitions. St Enda's wanted the world to stop for them and have thrown the rattle out of the pram. County made the right decision to punish them and then made the wrong decision in allowing them to enter the B.

Snobbery has nothing to do with it, but sure carry on with your attacks at St Endas.. showing yourself up big time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: farset on November 29, 2018, 10:28:18 PM
Snobbery has everything to do with it. Otherwise why would you write 'why are people getting their knickers in a twist over a B competition'?

Maybe you don't like that. What else is it if not snobbery or condescension.

At under 21 level (in my view is senior level) b competition is pointless.. now if they doesn't sit well with you I'm sorry. Get them all in one competition and play it off. If you think I'm a snob then fine

Derryboy99

If your fit to field an u21 team bung them all in 1 championship and rifle the games out! All on the day and forget the group bulls**t

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Derryboy99 on November 29, 2018, 11:01:03 PM
If your fit to field an u21 team bung them all in 1 championship and rifle the games out! All on the day and forget the group bulls**t

Ah but what about the snowflakes?  :o

Milltown Row2

Quote from: farset on November 29, 2018, 11:26:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2018, 11:07:14 PM
Quote from: Derryboy99 on November 29, 2018, 11:01:03 PM

Ah but what about the snowflakes?  :o

Zzzzz

Surprised you didn't manage to give off about Fitzy and paddy in a post.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: farset on November 29, 2018, 11:35:56 PM
Why would that be relevant to your snobbery or your snowflake comment?

You've managed to put it in most of your recent posts so...

this is my view on it you're entitled to yours

paddyjohn

Pick me pick me! notice me love me!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on November 30, 2018, 06:17:49 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2018, 10:46:15 PM
Snobbery has everything to do with it. Otherwise why would you write 'why are people getting their knickers in a twist over a B competition'?

At under 21 level (in my view is senior level) b competition is pointless.. now if they doesn't sit well with you I'm sorry. Get them all in one competition and play it off. If you think I'm a snob then fine
We have B competitions at every other level, why wouldn't we at U21? In fact, at senior, we have ABC and D competitions.

At senor level we have junior intermediate and senior and that's fine.. the b competition is relativity new, certainty wasn't about in my day, think my sons team won a b hurling competition at casement many moons ago and that would have been one of the early ones..

I'm just not a fan of it, Rossa were in one this year, I did the line at it at Lamhs, I thought the standards of both teams were good enough for them to be in the a championship tbh..

themac_23

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 30, 2018, 07:55:36 AM
Quote from: hardstation on November 30, 2018, 06:17:49 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2018, 10:46:15 PM

We have B competitions at every other level, why wouldn't we at U21? In fact, at senior, we have ABC and D competitions.

At senor level we have junior intermediate and senior and that's fine.. the b competition is relativity new, certainty wasn't about in my day, think my sons team won a b hurling competition at casement many moons ago and that would have been one of the early ones..

I'm just not a fan of it, Rossa were in one this year, I did the line at it at Lamhs, I thought the standards of both teams were good enough for them to be in the a championship tbh..

agreed, dont see the draw in it, if you're going to have a B comp for u21 run it like the Junior b in the hurling, weaker teams play it before the actual championship, straight knock out and the winner goes into the championship proper, would be better than the grading games etc.