The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 07, 2015, 08:24:31 PM
Quote from: lenny on March 07, 2015, 07:46:02 PM
Quote from: Boycey on March 07, 2015, 07:42:49 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 07, 2015, 06:46:39 PM
Could the Zimbabweans have requested it go to video for scrutiny?

It had gone to the video umpire but Williams opted for the old school approach of taking the fielders word for it which is incredibly sporting or stupid depending on your point of view...

Another great result but unfortunately it looks like we wont qualify. The best hope is probably the windies uae game being rained off. That would see us through ahead of the windies.

That's a bit negative. Beat Pakistan and they are surely through?

Pakistan seem to be coming into form so its realistically going to be very difficult for ireland to get a result against them or india.

AZOffaly

Won't get near India, but Pakistan is doable. I'd be worried about the bowling though.

michaelg

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 07, 2015, 09:01:03 PM
Won't get near India, but Pakistan is doable. I'd be worried about the bowling though.
Shame that big bad Boyd jumped ship.

michaelg

Anyone been to a match at Malahide? Thinking of heading down for the England game in May.

Tony Baloney

Denn Forever

Are we not already through to the next stage? 

England seem  (BBC) to be saying that their game against Bangladesh is  a"must" win game.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

deiseach

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 08, 2015, 12:54:29 PM
England seem  (BBC) to be saying that their game against Bangladesh is  a"must" win game.

It's a must-win, and it's going badly. Eoin Morgan has gone for a duck, his fifth in 11 innings. England are 150 runs short of their target and scoring at the rate of a sloth on valium.

AZOffaly

Eoin Morgan is going to be some scapegoat here if they get knocked out. Especially when he didn't sing the anthem !

Rossie11

"Eoin Morgan becomes the second ODI player to make five ducks in an 11-innings sequence for England batting in the top six, joining Mike Brearley who managed it in 1979-80."
ouch..
Will be back with Ireland in no time..

deiseach

England having a collective Sunil Gavaskar here. The required run rate is 7.61 yet they're dabbing out singles. Insane.

Main Street

Morgan's bound for the stock now, good for him.

AZOffaly

They've pressed the accelerator at last. Might not be enough, but they have a chance. 73 from 48 needed. 4 wickets in hand.

Rossie11

AZOffaly

If your man Buttler bats to the end I think they'll do it. Because he's hitting big shots, he's liable to get out, but if he survives he'll get enough.