RIP Michaela McAreavey

Started by MR99, January 10, 2011, 05:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hotrocks

Shocking news. May she rest in peace.

muppet

I'm just a couple of years into my new family and I couldn't bear to even think about how to cope with news like her folks or her husband just got.

Deepest sympathies to both families and, sadly again, also to the wider Tyrone Gaa Community.

MWWSI 2017

GAA_Punter

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Bud Wiser on January 10, 2011, 11:24:04 PM
Can't understand or get to grips with this.  Simply awful news for all concerned but especially for a very verry nice man with a strong faith and a lovely daughter that he adored.  There is not a Gael in Ireland tonight whose thoughts are not with the Harte family. R.I.P. Michaela.
I can't put it more eloquently or sincerely than you have, Bud.
RIP Michaela and condolences to her husband, family and friends
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossie11

Same as that Gaa punter but it's not looking good judging by some reports from the island.
RIP thoughts with her family

demusicman

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on January 10, 2011, 09:10:24 PM
I first met Michaela at Dromantine, Society of African Missions Summer camp.   On one of the first nights of camp, unbeknown to the Priests, all the lads were playing a card game called Maverick whereby each player is given two cards and then they bet that the next card they are dealt will be inbetween (in terms of value) the cards they already have, any lost bets went to the pot. It wasn't long before the pot got out of control and there was a serious amount of cash on the table.  I ended up winning the pot and what made victory the more sweet at the time for me, as a Derry man, was that the main contributor to the pot was a Tyrone man. But unfortunately for me he was also an Errigal Ciaran man. It wasn't long before Michaela approached me, asking me to give the lad back his money.  My initial reaction was "But I won it fair and square",  within one minute Michaela had me convinced that the right thing to do was offer this lad back his money and I did.  He wouldn't take it back no matter how many times i offered.  Looking back on that now, I have no doubt that Michaela played a vital part in all of Tyrone's All Ireland successes. It's no secret the level of support that she provided her dad down through the years but she also was a reassuring presence for the players, looking out for them and helping instil belief and confidence where required.  I didn't know her all that well but anytime I saw her out in Belfast years after that card game, she would always have a smile and a hello for you.  You couldn't have met a more genuine and down to earth girl.  You will be missed Michaela, it's hard to think that you are no longer with us. Thought and prayers are with your family at this difficult time. RIP
Lovely story about a lady that any father would be very proud of. Lets all say a prayer for both families.

Gabriel_Hurl

Still can't get over the shock of the news

Condolences to both families

RIP

topo d rite

As a father of 2 daughters, I can't even attempt to imagine how utterly devastating this must be. Sincerest condolences to all of the Harte family and to the groom and his family. I'm sure the good people of Tyrone and Down will support the bereaved at this most awful of times, it just seems so wrong and so unfair that something like this could happen.

cokers

Havent been this shocked about a death for quite some time and cant even begin to understand what John and both families are going through. I hope they find the strength they need to come to terms with this horrific news. My prayers go to all concerned.
Rest in peace

Bord na Mona man

DickyRock

Totally shocked at this news. Can even begin to imagine what John had to discover. Never met her but she came across as a really nice lass. My prayers are with the Harte and McAreavey families.

May she rest in peace.

Doogie Browser

Said on RTE one of her brothers and one of John's brothers is flying out to Mauritius today, it must be the lonliest place in the world right now for her poor husband.

Kerry Mike

The updated news this morning has just made this a whole lot worse for the families involved, hope they find the perpetrator. May she RIP.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football