Tyrone v Kerry NFL Round 2

Started by Kerry Mike, February 01, 2009, 04:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

Different complexion on that Kerry FF line from last time. Couple of speedy lads at least one of whom can kick points. Don't think we'll be being Joey back to the corner this time! Will McGee pick up Cooper? How swift is Swift? (I'll get me coat)

ONeill

So, from the 08 final, O'Mahony and Young move to the FB line from HB to cope with our supposed strongest line. Strong rumours O'Neill is injured. That's a speedy FF line for Kerry.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrone Dreamer

Its on BBC news that O'Neill is doubtful. Doesnt sound to serious so hopefully he'll be ok. Not sure if I trust either of our corner backs on Cooper. Pace of Darren O'Sullivan could also be a major threat. Could become a shoot out between the 2 full forward lines.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 13, 2009, 08:11:36 PM
QuoteAnyone believeing Kerry are travelling up the road with Valentines Cards this Sunday need to think again.  Kerry want 2 points, bitter revenge, and self assurance so after they clap Tyrone out on to the field they will want to measure themselves against the team of the decade.  The Kerry animal has been caged from September,  expect to see it on Sunday.   Twould be interesting to note that in the incident during the AIF at half time Kerry would have lost the services of Dara o Se and was it star?, under the new rules asnd ultimately the game would have been over earlier.  Last year they were an undisciplined rabble under a poor enough manager, if anything JOC who I believe is an excellent if slightly bitchy manager will promote a higher  degree of discipline within the camp - I thin k it will work if things go right but my fear for Kerry football is if things go wrong he shouldnt bitch at the O ses and the county board and the Northern teams.  All the old ugly faces will be back over the course of 09 for both camps.  This game is another teaser for the rest of the season.  Both counties will give it all  in August... and they are that feckin ignorant they will go again on Sunday

It is unfortunate that the standard bearers of Gaelic football have to clap fellas like Gormley and "w**ker sign" Mulligan onto the field. It demeans the whole custom really.

Yeah obviously Kerry should be exempt from having to do this  ::)  ::)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Kerry Mike

As strong as we can be at this time of the year I suppose given the injuries and the lads who have still not returned to training yet but good to get another look at Bohane, not much experience on the bench though which gives lots of panel members a chance for some game time and T. Kennelly was on the Late Late and will be a few weeks before we see any type of appearance from him but he is back and training and that can only be a good thing for us long term.

Would have liked to see Ger Reidy get another shot between the sticks did well against Donegal and I have felt Murphy seems to have gone backwards last year a bit. Our full back line will have their hands full against that trio, but thats what they need and good for them if we are to be around come Sept , hope O'Neill plays he was on fire against the dubs and is exactly the kind of in form player you would want to play against to push yourself on. Aidan O'Mahony on Sean will be a great battle but I feel Big Sean will have the upper hand here, and Marc O'Se on McCullagh in the centre should be a good clash too.  Young Jacko will see a big step up in class and it will be a great test of him.

David Moran did very well against Donegal, but was impressed with Cassidy against the jackeens and McGinley is always a threat when he goes forward. Seamus Scanlon needs to up his workrate from the first game.

Our half forward line looks exciting and hopefully they will see plenty of actions, all 3 can score but the Tyrone half backs as ever is one of their strongest lines, some good match ups here. And the new rules will make for hopefully some interesting refereeing...

Our full forward line too has good attacking potential if given the right ball with a bit of speed and flair too, and though the corner backs for tyrone may not be first choices they have been around the Tyrone panels for years and will know the drill well from Harte.

Dont be getting carried away with revenge and such things, its a league game in February and both teams will be pushing for the 2 points, and recent league games have been close.

As for the guard of honour I suppose ye deserve one but dont be keeping us too long waiting in the cold....

Ciarrai abu...
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

020304 Tir Eoghain

Quote from: Kerry Mike on February 14, 2009, 12:48:27 AM
As strong as we can be at this time of the year I suppose given the injuries and the lads who have still not returned to training yet but good to get another look at Bohane, not much experience on the bench though which gives lots of panel members a chance for some game time and T. Kennelly was on the Late Late and will be a few weeks before we see any type of appearance from him but he is back and training and that can only be a good thing for us long term.

Would have liked to see Ger Reidy get another shot between the sticks did well against Donegal and I have felt Murphy seems to have gone backwards last year a bit. Our full back line will have their hands full against that trio, but thats what they need and good for them if we are to be around come Sept , hope O'Neill plays he was on fire against the dubs and is exactly the kind of in form player you would want to play against to push yourself on. Aidan O'Mahony on Sean will be a great battle but I feel Big Sean will have the upper hand here, and Marc O'Se on McCullagh in the centre should be a good clash too.  Young Jacko will see a big step up in class and it will be a great test of him.

David Moran did very well against Donegal, but was impressed with Cassidy against the jackeens and McGinley is always a threat when he goes forward. Seamus Scanlon needs to up his workrate from the first game.

Our half forward line looks exciting and hopefully they will see plenty of actions, all 3 can score but the Tyrone half backs as ever is one of their strongest lines, some good match ups here. And the new rules will make for hopefully some interesting refereeing...

Our full forward line too has good attacking potential if given the right ball with a bit of speed and flair too, and though the corner backs for tyrone may not be first choices they have been around the Tyrone panels for years and will know the drill well from Harte.

Dont be getting carried away with revenge and such things, its a league game in February and both teams will be pushing for the 2 points, and recent league games have been close.

As for the guard of honour I suppose ye deserve one but dont be keeping us too long waiting in the cold....

Ciarrai abu...

Good balanced post as usual KM. We'll take a guard of honour from the Kingdom any day (begrudging or not) ::)
May the best team won & safe journey to all from Ciarrai.
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

Kerry Mike

Begruding........ me . No I just hate the sight of ye. Ye have fecked up the decade for us  ;) yerra we will be getting over it...
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

INDIANA

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte will undergo a fitness test prior to the throw-in of Sunday's mouth-watering National Football League clash with Kerry.

O'Neill sustained a leg injury during training this week and is seen as a real fitness concern for the Omagh encounter.

The former Footballer of the Year returned to action with a bang in the first round of the NFL two weeks ago, registering eight points in Tyrone's dramatic victory over Dublin at Croke Park.

You got to love hoganstand

Uladh

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 13, 2009, 10:33:15 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 13, 2009, 08:11:36 PM
QuoteAnyone believeing Kerry are travelling up the road with Valentines Cards this Sunday need to think again.  Kerry want 2 points, bitter revenge, and self assurance so after they clap Tyrone out on to the field they will want to measure themselves against the team of the decade.  The Kerry animal has been caged from September,  expect to see it on Sunday.   Twould be interesting to note that in the incident during the AIF at half time Kerry would have lost the services of Dara o Se and was it star?, under the new rules asnd ultimately the game would have been over earlier.  Last year they were an undisciplined rabble under a poor enough manager, if anything JOC who I believe is an excellent if slightly bitchy manager will promote a higher  degree of discipline within the camp - I thin k it will work if things go right but my fear for Kerry football is if things go wrong he shouldnt bitch at the O ses and the county board and the Northern teams.  All the old ugly faces will be back over the course of 09 for both camps.  This game is another teaser for the rest of the season.  Both counties will give it all  in August... and they are that feckin ignorant they will go again on Sunday

It is unfortunate that the standard bearers of Gaelic football have to clap fellas like Gormley and "w**ker sign" Mulligan onto the field. It demeans the whole custom really.

Yeah obviously Kerry should be exempt from having to do this  ::)  ::)

Surely Tyrone won't be expecting a guard of honour?

thejuice

Direct Quote From Hoganstand.com

QuoteTyrone manager Mickey Harte will undergo a fitness test prior to the throw-in of Sunday's mouth-watering National Football League clash with Kerry.

The injury situation must be getting bad if Mickey is contemplating putting himself on.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Zapatista

Quote from: thejuice on February 14, 2009, 12:15:35 PM
Direct Quote From Hoganstand.com

QuoteTyrone manager Mickey Harte will undergo a fitness test prior to the throw-in of Sunday's mouth-watering National Football League clash with Kerry.

The injury situation must be getting bad if Mickey is contemplating putting himself on.

Who would argue with him ;)

Rois

I was out training in Cherryvale this morning and Enda McGinley arrived to do a bit of personal training on the pitch beside us.  Dedication indeed, half nine the day before a match. 

StGallsGAA

15 euros at the gate in the paper. Is it £12 sterling then?   If so a bit steep.  £7 would be plenty in February.

Tyrone Dreamer

£12 for stand, I'd guess £10 for terrace. Not bad for this particular match,would be dear for the lower divisions. You can charge 90 euro + into rugby in February!

magickingdom

e15 to see tyrone v kerry, thats great entertainment for small money imo