Dublin v Mayo, Croke Park, March 20 (or maybe the 18th, you wouldn't know).

Started by IolarCoisCuain, March 14, 2011, 10:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gael85

Three changes for Croker clash with Mayo
18 Mar 2011 | hill16.ie

Dublin have made three changes to their defence for Sunday's Allianz NFL Division 1 clash with Mayo in Croke Park (2.30).
Ross O'Carroll and Declan Lally both picked up injuries in last Sunday's victory over Monaghan in Clones and were ruled out of consideration. Paul Brogan comes into the team at corner-back, making his league starting debut, for O'Carroll while Darragh Nelson, who came off the bench to score a point last weekend, takes Lally's place at wing-back.
In goals Michael Savage takes over from Stephen Cluxton.
The senior match is preceded by the Leinster MFL clash of Dublin and Laois (12.15).
Bernard Brogan who was a guest of the American Ambassador to Ireland at the White House this week will return on Saturday and have been selected at corner-forward.

DUBLIN (SF v Mayo)
1. Michael Savage
2. Darren Daly               
3. Seán Murray               
4. Paul Brogan               
5. Paul Casey (Captain)   
6. Ger Brennan               
7. Darragh Nelson               
8. Denis Bastick
9. Barry Cahill
10. Paul Flynn             
11.  Kevin McManamon       
12. Michael Darragh Macauley                 
13. Tomás Quinn           
14. Diarmuid Connolly         
15. Bernard Brogan                 

Subs: Will be announced before the game.

Injury list:
Ross O'Carroll injured his hamstring in last week's game against Monaghan and will be out for a few weeks.
Declan Lally strained his calf in the same game and will need a fortnight to recover.
Michael Fitzsimons who pulled a hamstring in the Sigerson Cup should be available for our next Allianz league game against Down.
James McCarthy injured shoulder ligaments last weekend in a club game and will be out for a few weeks.
Cian O'Sullivan's hamstring injury has proved more troublesome than first though and he will be out for a month. He also sustained a broken arm in a fall but the recovery period for that injury should coincide with his hamstring recovery period.
Ross McConnell will be unavailable for at least three more weeks after his recovery from a hip injury.
Eamon Fennell has a similar injury and is also about three weeks away from training fully.
James Brogan tore his cruciate in a recent club game and will be out for the 2011 season.
Paul Conlon's injury reacted to his recovery programme and his return has been set back by a few weeks.
Hugh Gill resumed non-contact training on Tuesday of this week.

MAYO (SF v Dublin)
1) Robert Hennelly Breaffy
2) Tom Cunniffe Castlebar Mitchels
3) Chris Barrett Belmullet
4) Keith Higgins Ballyhaunis
5) Richie Feeney Castlebar Mitchels
6) Ger Cafferkey Ballina Stephenites
7) Kevin McLoughlin Knockmore
8)Ronan McGarrity Ballina Stephenites
9) James Killcullen Ballaghaderreen
10) Aidan Campbell Swinford
11) Alan Dillon Ballintubber
12) Andy Moran Ballaghaderreen
13) Aidan O'Shea Breaffy
14) Alan Freeman Aghamore
15) Jason Doherty Burrishoole

Subs
16) David Clarke Ballina Stephenites
17) Peadar Gardiner Crossmolina
18) Cathal Hallinan Ballintubber
19) James Burke Ballymun Kickhams
20) Jason Gibbons Ballintubber
21) Tom Parsons Charlestown
22) Aidan Kilcoyne Knockmore
23) Enda Varley Garrymore
24) Neil Douglas Castlebar Mitchels
25) Cillian O'Connor Ballintubber
26) Eoghan O'Reilly Castlebar Mitchels

RedandGreenSniper

I like that Mayo team and think it is close to what will be our championship team. As far as I can see right now the main open positions now are just 3 and 9, while everyone else in that team named is in pole position to start there in championship, although some are more certain than others - Ronan McGarrity and Robert Hennelly could be considered both ends of this spectrum.

Richie Feeney could be a good man to restrict MD MacAuley. Full-back remains an issue and while Chris Barrett there won't be a long-term answer, he might be okay there on someone like Diarmuid Connolly. Also, as some point out, positional changes can't be ruled out although I would be very disappointed to see Caff' shifted from six. This is a huge game for  Mayo, we can't afford to lose heavily which is not an impossible outcome. I think that's why Horan has named such a relatively strong team.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

outthecountry

Think this is a good strong team and expect a robust performance against an inform team. Unlike previous posters  - i believe in what James Horan is doin with the squad in rotating players and trying new systems to get the right balance....now is the time to do this....This was always going to take time and injuries didn't help but i have been impressed in what he's doing and what he's trying to achieve. Obviously this is not happening quick enough for some people.....so patience required.

Looking foward to seeing Alan Freeman in the open spaces of Croke Park.....think this guy is our Colm Cooper..........and will be there to roar my head off for them.....!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

I'm happy enough with the team being sent out against the Dubs. A little uneasy about the possibilty of giving up our long division 1 history, but we have to try players. A bit too much chopping and changing but so far I'm keeping the faith. I agree on Alan Freeman, he has lots of potential.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mannix

i would like Mayo to be in division 1 again next year but would sacrifice it if it meant that come championship time we would be competitive.

rosnarun

i would reckom 8 Max for this team will start  when the championship get serious. with the feenys and campbel really the only additions from last years panel to make a mark. Doherty has scored well but still looks very raw. will need more than one league campaign to finish him off.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Hound

Not so confident going into this game.

We were poor last week and a repeat performance will surely result in defeat.

If McGarrity is in good form I could see him running amok in midfield.

I can't see Bernard starting for us, so maybe his brother will finally get a start.

Interesting that Mayo's forwards are the A-Team +1 !! :)

INDIANA

Quote from: Hound on March 19, 2011, 07:35:32 AM
Not so confident going into this game.

We were poor last week and a repeat performance will surely result in defeat.

If McGarrity is in good form I could see him running amok in midfield.

I can't see Bernard starting for us, so maybe his brother will finally get a start.

Interesting that Mayo's forwards are the A-Team +1 !! :)

As i alluded to last week. We're not really playing all that well and with bernard transatlantic this week we'll be lucky to win. We are starting to really miss our absentees in defence. We've one player from last years defence starting.

m@yoman

I see the Club Mayo guys have a bit of pre-match entertainment lined up for tomorrow...looks good..

http://www.clubmayo.ie/442.php

Cosmo Kramer

Down have taken a bit of pressure off us tonight at least.

Regardless of what happens against Dublin and Cork, at the very worst we will now be going to Inniskeen on the last day knowing that a win will keep us up.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

westmayo

A couple of late changes for Mayo according to the Mayo GAA twitter account, Tom Parsons and Peader Gardiner start, with Aidan O'Shea and James Kilcullen going out

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.