Getting your car tax online ....

Started by oiddas, January 22, 2008, 08:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 29, 2014, 03:30:23 PM
Just did it. Took less than 5 minutes. Used 11 digit number from tax book.

Trying to tax my car this morning online and the feckin thing keeps crashing out.

I know its the first day of the month, but FFS it shouldn't take over 5 minutes just to find my vehicle from the 16 digit number!!

johnneycool

Finally, finally got it operating,

you don't even get a cert of any sort now, so I presume all Cops, traffic wardens etc, have access to online databases to check road tax...

BennyCake

Another way of screwing money from people.

If I sold a car 15th of November, I can only claim a refund on my tax from 1 December. OK so that's always been the case. But the other person has to tax this car before he drives it off. But he has to pay from the 1st November. So there's two taxes been paid for that month on that car.

My question is, if there's no need for tax disks now, why can't you just pay from the day you buy the car? Eg, if I bought a car 5 April, I can tax for a year, which runs out 4th April following year. The same way car insurance works.

Money grabbing hoors.

johnneycool

Quote from: BennyCake on October 01, 2014, 11:52:44 AM
Another way of screwing money from people.

If I sold a car 15th of November, I can only claim a refund on my tax from 1 December. OK so that's always been the case. But the other person has to tax this car before he drives it off. But he has to pay from the 1st November. So there's two taxes been paid for that month on that car.

My question is, if there's no need for tax disks now, why can't you just pay from the day you buy the car? Eg, if I bought a car 5 April, I can tax for a year, which runs out 4th April following year. The same way car insurance works.

Money grabbing hoors.

Why does the other person have to tax the car before they drive off? Surely you've already taxed it for that month? Doesn't make sense and they're being greedy hoors alright.

With the new system they really aren't tied to the monthly thing, not that they ever were so you'd think spreading out the dates people tax would help out.

I also noted that on my car it is £20 cheaper to tax for the year than for two periods of 6 months, never remember it being as much as that.