Your Top 3 moments of 2007 AD

Started by The Real Laoislad, December 13, 2007, 11:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Cheers AZ but considering the baby will be wearing the white of Kildare I can hardly give the baby any more complexes than it needs  :D

That day in Croke Park was a fantastic day from the anthems to the result probably my sporting highlight of the year.....
#newbridgeornowhere

thebandit

Quote from: bingobus on December 14, 2007, 10:06:48 AM
1 - Birth of First Born 3 1/2 weeks ago - Baby Eoin.
2 - Watchinh my Under 16 team win Championship Semi after extra time against hot Favourites - (Low point blowing the final by twp points)
3 - Week in Sorrento with the wife - splashed out on a hillside villa over Naples Bay, pure blish for the week. Prob first time I've ever been totally relaxed and switched off from mundane day to day affairs.

Congrats neighbour, I wondered why I was getting noise complaints!

1 - Beating England on holy ground
2 - Monaghan's run to Croke Park
3 - Seeing the car painted in Clontibret colours at Blayney F****'s pitch!!!!

the Deel Rover

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 14, 2007, 09:36:39 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 14, 2007, 09:12:29 AM
1. Finding out I'm going to be a Dad next May
2. Brothers Wedding in Oregon
3. Finally taking the plunge and becoming an IT Contractor

Congrats and best of luck dinny !
May be leaving the ranks of contractors v soon if I'm made an offer I cant refuse !
Are you heading into town any evening after work soon,meet for a pint?

my three
1. seeing the St. Brigids team I have coached/trained for two years win the Dublin county minor championship
2. Kevin Lynch's winning Derry hurling championship (should have won the ulster too but someday soon I hope)
3. Derry finally starting to show their real talent and deliver on some of their potential - the Laois game in Cavan the best for me.

as this year was all GAA related, I havent done much in my personal life - no time. So next year it is all family oriented.

Congrats Dinny seems to be a baby boom on the Board at the moment.
Well done Lynchboy on winning the minor championship just wondering who you bet in the final i thought Cuala were favourites to retain their title this year
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Donagh

The appreciation of the families after the 'Shoot to Kill' memorial events. 

Walking on air after finally getting the ring on her finger.

England in Croker.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 14, 2007, 10:42:46 AM
Congrats Dinny seems to be a baby boom on the Board at the moment.
Well done Lynchboy on winning the minor championship just wondering who you bet in the final i thought Cuala were favourites to retain their title this year
Crokes were red hot favourites but were caught napping by Na Fianna in the semi final - we beat them handy enough , though a nervy perf on the night. Crokes would have been tough to beat if they'd got there. Beat cuala by 4 in the semi.

downredblack

My wee girl won a few medals at her first class feis ( she was as proud as punch and so was I )
The young lad took his first steps about a month ago , now if you turn your back for a minute he would be halfway down the lane .
Getting the tree up and all the preparation for Christmas . It's a great time of the year .

GaillimhIarthair

Congrats Dinny, another fine addition on the way to the GAA Board creche !  Its getting pretty busy these days  :P

1. Galway minors winning AIF (it completed being present for AIF wins in minor, U-21 and senior in both Hurling and Football  ;D)
2. Ireland v England at Croke Park
3. Galway v Kerry minor semi final - an absolutely fantastic game of football - easily game of the year IMHO.

Dinny Breen

Cheers lads, definitely a baby boom happening.....
#newbridgeornowhere

An Fear Rua

Welcome aboard Dinny!! Long may your only trouble be getting the fecking money out with paying too much on it!!
Its Grim up North

give her dixie

1. WRC Rally in Ireland for 1st time. (and not the last).

2. John Darwin reappears.................

3. Being single again!
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

lynchbhoy

Quote from: An Fear Rua on December 14, 2007, 11:48:10 AM

Welcome aboard Dinny!! Long may your only trouble be getting the fecking money out with paying too much on it!!
he'll be glad he's finally taken that plunge...he'll need it to pay for the impending brat.
Claiming expenses are a great way to reduce the tax bill !   :)

An Fear Rua

especially those LCD TVs that have a VGA port so are really just fancy monitors, or the 40GB MP3 player thats actually a protable disc drive etc.
Its Grim up North

ardal

Birth of my son
starting a new GAA club in my region
Our first win

lynchbhoy

Quote from: An Fear Rua on December 14, 2007, 11:58:21 AM
especially those LCD TVs that have a VGA port so are really just fancy monitors, or the 40GB MP3 player thats actually a protable disc drive etc.
or training course in LA (book the course first and cancel when you get the invoice)  ;)

North Longford

My eldest starting School and now getting the lead in his school play and being one full reading book ahead of everyone else in his class. (Some achieement if yee knew his father!!!)
Our seniors (I'm a selector) beating our nearest and dearest rivals by 10 pts in a first round championship replay.
Our Seniors making the county final for 1st time in 13 years (losing by a point in the final to our nearset and dearest previously mentioned above)