Next Laois football manager

Started by SCFC, July 27, 2017, 08:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAA-SMART

Quote from: portlaoisekid on August 25, 2017, 01:05:10 PM
I've heard it twice in the last hour that Chris Conway has the job.

Hardly a concrete gauge but still there's no smoke without fire.

I'd be happy enough with that, heard there was an attempt for Ryan but i think Conway would do a good job.

Joeythelips

Whoever it is needs a serious backroom team, hope they give it to a Laois man along the lines of the names suggested. We are in Division 4 and its not like there are host of brilliant external managers out there. Give it to a Conway, Higgins or someone of similar ilk who knows Laois football well and is passionate and will bring something new to the table, a young manager with plenty of enthusiasm and energy is needed. As I say whoever it is has a huge task on their hands but with a bit of support form players, supporters and CB we can hopefully get out of Div 4 and try and compete with likes of Meath and Kildare in Leinster.

Unison

I think Chris Conway would be a good choice. However, he needs to be given time to build a new team with what young talent is in the county. It would be nice to get out of Div 4 next year, but I don't think it is imperative. I would rather see 4 or 5 new players introduced and staying down, than going up with exactly the same team / panel as we have seen over the last few years. Its time to look to the future and a new team. Conway could be the man!!

town1980

chris i think is having another baby so i dont think he even went for the job im hearing billy sheehan but praying his not the manager involved maybe but not manager

Tony

So many rumours, i'm just going to wait till it's announced. Kelly, Banty, Clancy, Ryan, Evans, Sugrue all strongly rumoured to be favourites. now Conway and billy. I'll we waiting for the official word.

The Monument Road

Quote from: town1980 on August 25, 2017, 05:11:13 PM
chris i think is having another baby so i dont think he even went for the job im hearing billy sheehan but praying his not the manager involved maybe but not manager
Fair play 1980. Id give it to Chris but now that he is about to give birth he will be busy :D

town1980

welcomehome

personally i wouldnt give it to chris conway...dont think he has de right temperment for it...thats just my opinion...

Laois fan

Laoistoday spotted billy sheehan watching clonaslee vs mountmelick

justinn

Billy watched the first half then headed off, maybe to watch second half of Stradbally and Arles.

Don Draper

What have I been telling ye lads

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Don Draper on August 27, 2017, 09:53:33 PM
What have I been telling ye lads

I don't think the current CB would have the balls to give him the job!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

town1980

I don't think the clubs would vote him in and the players wouldn't listen to him either as I said as a player massive commitment but you couldn't listen to the chap

Keyser Söze

Quote from: town1980 on August 27, 2017, 11:06:36 PM
I don't think the clubs would vote him in and the players wouldn't listen to him either as I said as a player massive commitment but you couldn't listen to the chap
Both combined mean there is no way he will get the job.
The CB be terrified that
1) The clubs would say no & turn them into a laughing stock
2) He would be a failure & his "qualifications" for getting the job would be scrutinised in light of failure.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Don Draper

So the clubs are finally going to grow a backbone and stand up to the CB? And THIS is what they are going to make a stand on? We're fucked as a county.