UK General Election 2017

Started by Eamonnca1, April 18, 2017, 07:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Minder on May 26, 2017, 09:35:49 PM
Quote from: screenexile on May 26, 2017, 08:43:31 PM
Quote from: Hotrocks on May 26, 2017, 08:14:35 PM
Why did he not ask him about what his plans for health and education if he becomes prime minister?  Surely thats what the viewers wanted to hear answered.  Seemed very strange that ex tory Neil would spend most the program going into Corbyns past

As has been said before he went after Teresa May's weaknesses and did the same with Corbyn.

Just because Labour have gained ground the last few weeks doesn't change Corbyn's lack of leadership which we've known about for a long time. These guys are going to be leaders of the Country so it's only fair we see the worst parts of them and make a decision.

Pretty sure I'd rather Corbyn's manifesto rather than the Tories!!

So would I, until it has to be paid for !
Corbyns lack of  leadership is main stream media myth, i went to one of his rallies and he was inspiring, he doesnt get close to fair coverage, his main issue he has had is the right wing blairities in the party trying to get rid of him for a pro establishment candidate, corbyn is the type of leader who creates more leaders and doesn't really dictate, look at what they thrown at him, hes still standing, quite extroadinary the resolve he has, they have tried to break him, June 8th will be fascinating but we need to young to vote

btw the manifesto is costed and the super rich are going to pay for it,  ;) remember the establishment always find money for war ;)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

seafoid

Corbyn's speech at Tranmere Rovers was superb. "This election is about you".
The Telegraph and the Daily Mail betray their own voters.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 27, 2017, 03:11:44 AM
Quote from: Minder on May 26, 2017, 09:35:49 PM
Quote from: screenexile on May 26, 2017, 08:43:31 PM
Quote from: Hotrocks on May 26, 2017, 08:14:35 PM
Why did he not ask him about what his plans for health and education if he becomes prime minister?  Surely thats what the viewers wanted to hear answered.  Seemed very strange that ex tory Neil would spend most the program going into Corbyns past

As has been said before he went after Teresa May's weaknesses and did the same with Corbyn.

Just because Labour have gained ground the last few weeks doesn't change Corbyn's lack of leadership which we've known about for a long time. These guys are going to be leaders of the Country so it's only fair we see the worst parts of them and make a decision.

Pretty sure I'd rather Corbyn's manifesto rather than the Tories!!

So would I, until it has to be paid for !
Corbyns lack of  leadership is main stream media myth, i went to one of his rallies and he was inspiring, he doesnt get close to fair coverage, his main issue he has had is the right wing blairities in the party trying to get rid of him for a pro establishment candidate, corbyn is the type of leader who creates more leaders and doesn't really dictate, look at what they thrown at him, hes still standing, quite extroadinary the resolve he has, they have tried to break him, June 8th will be fascinating but we need to young to vote

btw the manifesto is costed and the super rich are going to pay for it,  ;) remember the establishment always find money for war ;)

The issue of Corbyn is not leadership, it is competence.  That is the concern of the majority of the PLP, he has proven virtually incapable of running his own office never mind a government.  This he shares with Trump.  While Trump has Bannon and Kushner, Corbyn has Milne and O'Donnell with McCloskey in the background.  In terms of him creating leaders look at Thornton, Abbot, Gardiner and Burgon, never mind the others promoted to positions when the competent have stood back to let everyone see the incompetence of the whole front bench.  He has failed to find enough to fill all the positions in his shadow cabinet.

BTW the young are full of good intentions but they don't vote.  In the referendum where the result affected the young most, they failed to turn out to vote, so why will they come out now. 

The manifesto is not properly costed as declared by the independent IFS, he won't raise the taxes he will layer onto the 5% who are already paying the 80% of the tax take and the companies will move away or pass the extra tax on to public as higher charges if they stay in the country. 

The English public will vote for competence of Conservatives even if it means harder times over the incompetence of Corbyn and those who surround him.

If you think the media has been on to him to date, just watch the annihilation of him and his cronies on a daily basis by the right wing media outlets who provide 85% of the output in England.

Rossfan

Do you really think Mayhem, Johnson etc are competent?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Minder

Quote from: Rossfan on May 27, 2017, 11:50:19 AM
Do you really think Mayhem, Johnson etc are competent?

One of Corbyns aides told MPs canvassing not to mention Corbyn when on the doorstep as he was too toxic, that's almost unheard of I would have thought
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

armaghniac

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 27, 2017, 11:13:50 AM
The issue of Corbyn is not leadership, it is competence.  That is the concern of the majority of the PLP, he has proven virtually incapable of running his own office never mind a government.  This he shares with Trump.  While Trump has Bannon and Kushner, Corbyn has Milne and O'Donnell with McCloskey in the background.  In terms of him creating leaders look at Thornton, Abbot, Gardiner and Burgon, never mind the others promoted to positions when the competent have stood back to let everyone see the incompetence of the whole front bench.  He has failed to find enough to fill all the positions in his shadow cabinet.

BTW the young are full of good intentions but they don't vote.  In the referendum where the result affected the young most, they failed to turn out to vote, so why will they come out now. 

The manifesto is not properly costed as declared by the independent IFS, he won't raise the taxes he will layer onto the 5% who are already paying the 80% of the tax take and the companies will move away or pass the extra tax on to public as higher charges if they stay in the country. 

The English public will vote for competence of Conservatives even if it means harder times over the incompetence of Corbyn and those who surround him.

If you think the media has been on to him to date, just watch the annihilation of him and his cronies on a daily basis by the right wing media outlets who provide 85% of the output in England.

Spot on. Unfortunately, left wing parties are often more interested in talking about the principle of providing better services than actually delivering them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

The top 1% own 50% of everything. Median earnings are 27k.
I have no sympathy for the top 5%.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Avondhu star

Quote from: seafoid on May 27, 2017, 08:40:05 AM
Corbyn's speech at Tranmere Rovers was superb. "This election is about you".
The Telegraph and the Daily Mail betray their own voters.

Inspiring stuff. Did he say that he believes that the youth are our future?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Avondhu star

Quote from: seafoid on May 27, 2017, 01:29:12 PM

I have no doubt that you dont feature in their sympathy list either

Rossfan

Avondhu star

Quote from: Rossfan on May 27, 2017, 03:43:54 PM
And neither do you bucko.
And thats why I get out and make my own way rather than expect society to fund me

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: seafoid on May 27, 2017, 01:29:12 PM

And yet for those of us governed by the UK government we depend on the 5% of earners to pay for the bulk of all public services so we need to protect the golden goose and not bleed it dry or drive it away.

Rossfan

Quote from: Avondhu star on May 27, 2017, 04:25:56 PM
And thats why I get out and make my own way rather than expect society to fund me
I realise you're a WUM but did you ever thank the Lord for your good health and ability to do so?
Or are the disabled, sick , mentally "challenged" etc responsible for their conditions and should be told to eff off for themselves? Or "euthanised" as some so called modern folk describe murder of such people.
Do you want to abolish public schools and hospitals?
Do you want to go back to the 1840s?

Avondhu star

Quote from: Rossfan on May 27, 2017, 05:25:45 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on May 27, 2017, 04:25:56 PM
I realise you're a WUM but did you ever thank the Lord for your good health and ability to do so?
Or are the disabled, sick , mentally "challenged" etc responsible for their conditions and should be told to eff off for themselves? Or "euthanised" as some so called modern folk describe murder of such people.
Do you want to abolish public schools and hospitals?
Do you want to go back to the 1840s?

Have you overdone it on the scrumpy?

It's the wasters who sponge off the rest of us that I am against. Their welfare payments should be used to help the sick and handicapped. You will never see anything from me criticising such people

p.s. Who is this Lord you refer to?