Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 18, 2017, 07:50:18 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 18, 2017, 07:11:28 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on November 18, 2017, 06:10:56 PM
Some S.F. delegate just on the R.T.E. news said about Adams retiring that they will have to "blood" some new people.
You couldn't make it up.

I know this is staring me in the face, but how do you block someone?

Click on your own profile, modify settings then buddy/ignore list I think.

That's great, thanks very much. Still tells me that they've posted verbal diarrhoea but at least I don't need to read it until it's quoted.

Rossfan

Jerry tells the faithful (stooges) he's stepping down as Uachtarán next year.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Il Bomber Destro

Therealdonald

Two genuine heroes gone inside a year basically. Ireland and specifically the North will be worse off,he can be glad of his legacy of leaving the north a lot closer to being unified than when he inherited the party and most importantly Catholics are no longer second class citizens in the North. TAL Gerry.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Therealdonald on November 18, 2017, 09:42:54 PM
Two genuine heroes gone inside a year basically. Ireland and specifically the North will be worse off,he can be glad of his legacy of leaving the north a lot closer to being unified than when he inherited the party and most importantly Catholics are no longer second class citizens in the North. TAL Gerry.

The North is more divided than it has ever been
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Rossfan

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 18, 2017, 09:11:07 PM
A legend.

A hero.

An icon.
Some would say that.
Others would say the opposite.
A lot would be in between but would be thankful they weren't born into the same place and time as the TD for Louth.
Successor?
The awful Marylou or the intelligenth Pearse Doherty.
The latter has 2 problems -he's  male and he's not from Dublin.
The former is painful but she ticks the PC box and the need not to have an Ulster accent box.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Avondhu star

Quote from: Rossfan on November 18, 2017, 11:30:00 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 18, 2017, 09:11:07 PM
A legend.

A hero.

An icon.
Some would say that.
Others would say the opposite.
A lot would be in between but would be thankful they weren't born into the same place and time as the TD for Louth.
Successor?
The awful Marylou or the intelligenth Pearse Doherty.
The latter has 2 problems -he's  male and he's not from Dublin.
The former is painful but she ticks the PC box and the need not to have an Ulster accent box.

I know where you are coming from but then you have lads like Matt  Carthy  M.E.P.  who can look at the big picture and see that the economic argument must be made. We can try and depend on a U.K. Market or create a situation where we can service a market of 300. Million and beyond
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

RealSpiritof98

Matt Carthy speech was sensational, called out the bullshiters.

Quote from: Avondhu star on November 18, 2017, 10:28:41 PM

You obviously don't live where I live!!!

armaghniac

SF is a cross border party, but they have nobody in the whole 6 counties of the calibre of Matt Carthy, which should be of concern.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on November 19, 2017, 04:03:23 AM
SF is a cross border party, but they have nobody in the whole 6 counties of the calibre of Matt Carthy, which should be of concern.
[/quote ] That is because of the nature of the leadership in the North over the last decade or 2. The party had to be organised a certain way.

They are also siimilar to the Kilkenny hurlers who relied on old lads who were very good.

Adams must have got a deal on past activities.
SF have an open goal if they can develop a programme based on anti neoliberalism.  Labour in the UK, Sanders and Melenchon are all ploughing the furrow. Ff and FG won't do anything for working class voters.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Farrandeelin

Would he be leadership material? Unlikely since he's out in Brussels I suppose.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

haranguerer

Will Finucane not get there?

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 19, 2017, 08:41:05 AM

Would he be leadership material? Unlikely since he's out in Brussels I suppose.

He's a good politician and a good speaker and debater, but I don't think he has the charisma to be a party leader or future leader of the country.

johnneycool

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on November 19, 2017, 01:56:54 AM
Matt Carthy speech was sensational, called out the bullshiters.

Quote from: Avondhu star on November 18, 2017, 10:28:41 PM

You obviously don't live where I live!!!

Nor where I live either.

tiempo

John O'Dowd would be a good canditate for party leader. Though an easy bogey man for Unionists due to Belfast brogue and beard.