The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: Hardy on September 04, 2017, 09:33:35 AM
This is an outrage and I sympathise deeply with the widespread anguish and woe. If the results of a survey of life expectancy in Meath were presented in the form of a map of the area in which the survey was conducted (i.e. Meath) I can hardly imagine the dimensions of the injury, insult and affront it would represent. I would be forced to take drastic action. Fire and fury like the world has never seen. I might even go all the way and phone Joe Duffy.

No maps of Meath that don't show its place in Leinster. Ireland. Europe, feckit.

Presuming that the people responsible for producing the Late Late show have got brains, then they would have to be very stupid or have absolutely no concept of Irish history to cut 6 counties out in the manner they did. I know that your comments are dripping with sarcasm but why would you not be offended at that. The minute I seen it, it got on my wick. Maybe it's something that only northern nationalists understand because what is more bizarre for me is RTE establishment cronies not realising the insult caused to residents in the 6 counties, or worse still deliberately doing it to get a reaction.

Avondhu star

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 04, 2017, 10:17:19 AM
I agree with the lads from north of the wall here. There's no rationale for RTE cutting the 6 counties out of the picture, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was done deliberately. All they had to do, if they wanted to show just the area polled, was to include the six counties with a greyed out background or something to show it wasn't included in the numbers.

RTE are, without doubt, c***ts.
As long as they can make money from the North entering their weekly competition R.T.E.  won't give a shite
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

T Fearon

As a former Northern Nationalist I would ask those who still aspire to reunite with the South to consider even the events of recent days.We have Southern Government Ministers now saying that Arlene Foster's recent proposition (i.e. To get Stormont up and running immediately and have parallel time limited negotiations on culture/language) is reasonable and that SF should take this up.

Believe me when you see that you have been shafted so many times and recognise the futility of fantasies like an unobtainable United Ireland,that a vast majority both North and South rejects,you will not be upset by maps on the Late Late Show.

Hardy

Quote from: Orior on September 04, 2017, 04:27:13 PM
Quote from: Hardy on September 04, 2017, 03:53:07 PM
Quote from: Orior on September 04, 2017, 10:15:20 AM
Quote from: Hardy on September 04, 2017, 09:33:35 AM
This is an outrage and I sympathise deeply with the widespread anguish and woe. If the results of a survey of life expectancy in Meath were presented in the form of a map of the area in which the survey was conducted (i.e. Meath) I can hardly imagine the dimensions of the injury, insult and affront it would represent. I would be forced to take drastic action. Fire and fury like the world has never seen. I might even go all the way and phone Joe Duffy.

No maps of Meath that don't show its place in Leinster. Ireland. Europe, feckit.

And there you go again, belittling the feelings of the northern Irish and making a joke of our nationalism. That's the attitude that is feeding Tony Fearon's separatist view.

We all know that the survey covered the 26 counties, but that is no excuse for cutting out the 6 counties. Unless of course, the person responsible had never heard of the Easter Rising nor the Troubles.

Good man Orior. Always good for the wind-up.

It IS a wind-up - right?

Emmm, no. Believe it or not, there are hundreds of thousands up north who tune into the Late Late Show every week. They also watch RTE news before the BBC news. They also support the Republic soccer team and wouldn't cross the road to watch NI play. Ask yourself why so many people of all ages and economic position still carry Irish passports and do not recognise the border.

And this has precisely what to do with my post or with the 26-county survey and the presentation of its results? Or is the survey itself the problem? All surveys should be 32-county? You'd need to get a grip if you really are serious.

You're not, are you?

T Fearon

Let's hope that at least in the use of Weather Maps,RTÉ make Ireland a Nation Once Again.

Orior

Hardy,

Yes, I am serious. I reckon I'm a fairly laid back person but maps showing the six counties cut out does annoy me. It is even more disappointing that some people in the free state do not understand why it would upset us. This is not a case of "going out of our way to be offended". Plus, it is not just a few hardened republicans who cried foul.

No, we're not saying the survey should have been help in the 32 counties, but simply show all 32 counties with the northern grayed out.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

sid waddell

Quote from: Fat Angry Motorist on September 04, 2017, 11:44:32 AM
Don't you hate it when Nordies are over sensitive?

No, it's very amusing.

Quote from: Orior on September 04, 2017, 09:56:51 PM
This is not a case of "going out of our way to be offended".

Yes, it is.

T Fearon

If that annoys you,read the interview with Colm Eastwood,SDLP leader,in today's Irish Independent.His vision of a United Ireland (after spending years of convincing Unionists) is to retain Stormont in a federal type of arrangement as an acknowledgment that the North is different from the rest of Ireland! That differs from the status quo,how?

This reveals the current complete confusion and muddled state of Irish nationalism.Presumably Sinn Fein's vision is entirely different,whereas FF and FG will remain steadfast in keeping the North at arms length at all costs.

I wouldn't get upset about maps of this island,complete or incomplete.

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on September 04, 2017, 10:29:17 PM
If that annoys you,read the interview with Colm Eastwood,SDLP leader,in today's Irish Independent.His vision of a United Ireland (after spending years of convincing Unionists) is to retain Stormont in a federal type of arrangement as an acknowledgment that the North is different from the rest of Ireland! That differs from the status quo,how?

He's pandering to the likes of you.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Quote from: sid waddell on September 04, 2017, 10:26:54 PM

No, it's very amusing.

Yes, it is.

Ah, I get it. You're a 26-county free stater who couldn't care less about your fellow countrymen. Would you be happy if the Ulster Championship consisted of only three teams?

sid waddell

Quote from: Orior on September 04, 2017, 11:01:22 PM

No, it's very amusing.

Yes, it is.

Ah, I get it. You're a 26-county free stater who couldn't care less about your fellow countrymen. Would you be happy if the Ulster Championship consisted of only three teams?
Nice little rant there.

Pity for you that it doesn't bear any resemblance to reality.

Orior

Quote from: sid waddell on September 04, 2017, 11:06:06 PM

No, it's very amusing.

Yes, it is.

Nice little rant there.

So, you're admitting you're just a wind up merchant?

sid waddell

Quote from: Orior on September 04, 2017, 11:28:14 PM

No, it's very amusing.

Yes, it is.

Nice little rant there.

To be fair, what else does the ridiculousness of your "non-WUM" WUM reaction to something so utterly irrelevant deserve other than ridicule?

Orior

Quote from: sid waddell on September 04, 2017, 11:39:10 PM

No, it's very amusing.

Yes, it is.

Nice little rant there.

To be fair, what else does the ridiculousness of your "non-WUM" WUM reaction to something so utterly irrelevant deserve other than ridicule?

You just don't get it.

sid waddell

Quote from: Orior on September 05, 2017, 12:02:11 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 04, 2017, 11:39:10 PM

No, it's very amusing.

Yes, it is.

Nice little rant there.

You just don't get it.

I get it that you're moaning childishly about something that is of no absolutely importance whatsoever.

I get it just fine, thanks!