Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: muppet on October 12, 2015, 05:15:04 PM
Quote from: stew on October 12, 2015, 04:35:02 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 11, 2015, 02:55:41 PM
Quote from: stew on October 11, 2015, 02:50:17 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on October 09, 2015, 04:29:17 PM
Quote from: stew on October 09, 2015, 03:49:48 PM
An amnesty will never happen, it is ingrained in them the right to bear arms, if the Govt tried this in any form they would be out on the streets protesting with fecking uzi's and all sorts of auto and semi automatic weaponry.

The NRA is too strong, they are b**tards but they are incredibly well funded and own the politicians.

I am anti gun btw, I just never see anything like this being allowed to happen.

He wasn't suggesting a hand your guns in amnesty - more a register your guns amnesty - a period of time to do it for free maybe? quick and easy.  If you don't register weapons and are found to be in possession of weapons they you get jail time or a huge fine.. I think it would work on a level...

It wont work sadly, these boys will refuse to register the majority of them will, they are that adamant in their constitutional rights, you cant put them all in jail for failing to register and the NRA will never let that happen, it will be shot down (Pardon the pun)

Grand. A school shooting every couple of months it is then.

Don't shoot the messenger muppet, I did not say I agreed with it!

Below is a quote at the school were 9 innocent people died recently.

The college interim president said she would not support armed security because the campus was a place of beauty, serenity and love. Where the f#ck do these assholes come from?

There was a veteran who had a legal weapon, concealed carry permit 200 yards away, he wanted to go help but was told to stay put by staff members on campus, the NRA are using this liberal kind of shite to make their argument and I can understand why.

One last thing, if I lived in London I would vote labor, I despise the NRA and in no way endorse the use of guns, in this case, I would have given yer man the green light to go kill the athiest asshole who destroyed 9 people.

If 'yer man' had shot kids accidentally while trying to 'kill the atheist asshole', would you take responsibility if you were a staff member?

This type of NRA discourse is complete lunacy. LOOK OVER THERE! A GOOD GUY WITH A GUN. WE NEED HIM TO KILL THE BAD GUY WITH A GUN.

Guns are the problem, as are the people who insist on inserting them into as many facets of society as possible. I agree with the college interim president. More gun-toting nut jobs is not the solution.

Here is a question for you Stew. Considering what happened on 911, why doesn't the USA allow every passenger and crew member to pack heat on board every flight? Y'know, so there will be more good guys with guns than bad guys with guns?

Well muppet I think they should have thrown f**king flowers at him as he shot innocent kids dead! :-X

You seem fine with the way it was handled, well except for the terrible and inhumane the police dealt with the crisis!

I will make this easier for you muppet, it is perfectly legal to kill  stone dead a **** that is shooting children with your legally held, concealed weapon.

What is not ok is to sit on your hands and do f**k all!

Of course I would want him to kill the f**ker with his gun, the man was a 4 year veteran and knows how to use his gun, I seriously doubt he would have taken down a student.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: stew on October 12, 2015, 07:19:36 PM
An amnesty will never happen, it is ingrained in them the right to bear arms, if the Govt tried this in any form they would be out on the streets protesting with fecking uzi's and all sorts of auto and semi automatic weaponry.

The NRA is too strong, they are b**tards but they are incredibly well funded and own the politicians.

He wasn't suggesting a hand your guns in amnesty - more a register your guns amnesty - a period of time to do it for free maybe? quick and easy.  If you don't register weapons and are found to be in possession of weapons they you get jail time or a huge fine.. I think it would work on a level...

It wont work sadly, these boys will refuse to register the majority of them will, they are that adamant in their constitutional rights, you cant put them all in jail for failing to register and the NRA will never let that happen, it will be shot down (Pardon the pun)

The college interim president said she would not support armed security because the campus was a place of beauty, serenity and love. Where the f#ck do these assholes come from?

There was a veteran who had a legal weapon, concealed carry permit 200 yards away, he wanted to go help but was told to stay put by staff members on campus, the NRA are using this liberal kind of shite to make their argument and I can understand why.

One last thing, if I lived in London I would vote labor, I despise the NRA and in no way endorse the use of guns, in this case, I would have given yer man the green light to go kill the athiest asshole who destroyed 9 people.

If 'yer man' had shot kids accidentally while trying to 'kill the atheist asshole', would you take responsibility if you were a staff member?

This type of NRA discourse is complete lunacy. LOOK OVER THERE! A GOOD GUY WITH A GUN. WE NEED HIM TO KILL THE BAD GUY WITH A GUN.

Guns are the problem, as are the people who insist on inserting them into as many facets of society as possible. I agree with the college interim president. More gun-toting nut jobs is not the solution.

Here is a question for you Stew. Considering what happened on 911, why doesn't the USA allow every passenger and crew member to pack heat on board every flight? Y'know, so there will be more good guys with guns than bad guys with guns?

Well muppet I think they should have thrown f**king flowers at him as he shot innocent kids dead! :-X

You seem fine with the way it was handled, well except for the terrible and inhumane the police dealt with the crisis!

I will make this easier for you muppet, it is perfectly legal to kill  stone dead a **** that is shooting children with your legally held, concealed weapon.

Of course I would want him to kill the f**ker with his gun, the man was a 4 year veteran and knows how to use his gun, I seriously doubt he would have taken down a student.

I got ya muppet, when he starts a shootin you can ask him to please stop, that the school is an area of peace, serenity and love, yep, that will get the job done, the mind boggles!

As for your question about guns on planes, therin lies the hypocrisy in government.

I have one for you, so you are at the school and the **** starts asking who the Christians are, then starts shooting people, and you are two hundreds yards away with a legally held gun, do you go take him down or would you be sipping tea with the stupid bitch that  you agree with that the campus is an area of peace, serenity and lurve?

finbar o tool

the problem with that is the next vigilante that comes in to shoot up the bad guy might not be a 4 year veteran!!!!

anyway, you fellas are going off on a big tangent. as mentioned above, the NRA own most of the politicians and pump in a lot of money. there will be no amnesty, but they CAN do SOMETHING!! the problem is they are doing f**k all!!
america is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. money will always come first, before school kids, before soldiers before everything.
but they need to do something!!
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

muppet

Quote from: stew on October 12, 2015, 07:25:34 PM

I got ya muppet, when he starts a shootin you can ask him to please stop, that the school is an area of peace, serenity and love, yep, that will get the job done, the mind boggles!

As for your question about guns on planes, therin lies the hypocrisy in government.

I have one for you, so you are at the school and the **** starts asking who the Christians are, then starts shooting people, and you are two hundreds yards away with a legally held gun, do you go take him down or would you be sipping tea with the stupid bitch that  you agree with that the campus is an area of peace, serenity and lurve?

Let me get this right, after a shooting, and the shooter is dead, you line up all the survivors, search them for weapons and treat them as suspects. But when the shooting is going on, you grab the first person that has a gun, you know absolutely nothing about the guy, his past, his criminal record, his sanity, and tell him to go in to the school and start shooting!

Ya you got me alright.

Completely bonkers.

As for the planes 'hypocrisy in government', do I have this right? Are you for arming all the passengers on every flight? Or are you against ordinary people carrying guns everywhere? I don't understand your point on that one.

As for your analogy. It will never happen. I will never be in public carrying a gun, far less be 200 years from a school with a deadly weapon. I am different to you, in that I don't actually believe I am an undiscovered John Wayne.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on October 12, 2015, 07:35:31 PM
Quote from: stew on October 12, 2015, 07:25:34 PM

Let me get this right, after a shooting, and the shooter is dead, you line up all the survivors, search them for weapons and treat them as suspects. But when the shooting is going on, you grab the first person that has a gun, you know absolutely nothing about the guy, his past, his criminal record, his sanity, and tell him to go in to the school and start shooting!

Ya you got me alright.

Completely bonkers.

As for the planes 'hypocrisy in government', do I have this right? Are you for arming all the passengers on every flight? Or are you against ordinary people carrying guns everywhere? I don't understand your point on that one.

As for your analogy. It will never happen. I will never be in public carrying a gun, far less be 200 years from a school with a deadly weapon. I am different to you, in that I don't actually believe I am an undiscovered John Wayne.

I don't make the rules, neither do the cops muppet, they are trained to handle mass shootings this way after they take the hoor down, not their fault, blame the bureaucrats!

I don't think I am an undiscovered John Wayne? I want nothing to do with guns but I have you figured out, you don't take the time to read what was written, your man with the gun wanted to go help but the faculty members would not let him, he was licensed to carry the weapon and he may well have saved lives! He knew the faculty members so they were hardly strangers.muppet,

Answer me this muppet, if you heard shots going off in a school who would you call, who would come to the scene and who would take care of the situation?

You method of doing nothing solves nothing, it just leads to more deaths and heartbroken families, but you, you know, keep talking about peace, serenity and lurve! I am sure the madman will simply give up and say sorry!!! Fcuk sake!

muppet

Quote from: stew on October 12, 2015, 08:28:34 PM
I don't make the rules, neither do the cops muppet, they are trained to handle mass sootings this way after they take the hoor down, not their fault, blame the bureaucrats!

I don't think I am an undiscovered John Wayne? I want nothing to do with guns but I have you figured out, you don't take the time to read what was written, your man with the gun wanted to go help but the faculty members would not let him, he was licensed to carry the weapon and he may well have saved lives! He knew the faculty members so they were hardly strangers.muppet,

Answer me this muppet, if you heard shots going off in a school who would you call, who would come to the scene and who would take care of the situation?

You method of doing nothing solves nothing, it just leads to more deaths and heartbroken families, but you, you know, keep talking about peace, serenity and lurve! I am sure the madman will simply give up and say sorry!!! Fcuk sake!

Are you serious? Anyone remotely sane person would call the police. You seem to have different ideas.

Then you accuse me of not reading something or other, of course you didn't provide a link.

So I went looking. I found links to right wing lunatic sites with their version of the story. But if you have a proper respectable source please post it.

Now this is the interesting bit. Apparently this Vet was in a GUN FREE ZONE, with a gun. He was on campus, in a zone where guns are prohibited, and you wanted to send him in shooting?

This was your hero?

Scrap John Wayne, we are now into Dirty Harry territory, a man who plays by his own rules, kinda like the killer doncha think?

MWWSI 2017

easytiger95

I don't think relying on members of the public with concealed arms are the way forward. The guy in question may well have been a veteran, but I don't think that qualifies him to help in a situation like this - it's very much in the balance whether he could have a. killed the perp b. got himself killed or c. got a student/s killed.

That said, a lot of the police tactics that are used now are a result of the Columbine shooting. There the police followed the handbook, set a perimeter and did not enter the school until after Harris and Klebold had finished their spree. Interestingly (well morbidly interesting) a lot of the damage is done in the initial exchanges - if a killer is unchallenged, he tends to fall into a lull himself, which happened in Columbine.

Now the police are trained not to set a perimeter, to confront the shooter as soon as possible, even at the expense of evacuating or rescuing victims.

But they are the police, they are trained specifically and I'm sure they wouldn't want another guy with a gun added to the situation.

Seems to me the only solution is to reduce access to guns, especially automatics and semi automatics, because no matter how many "good guys with guns" - most stupid f%$king phrase ever, btw - a pyscho could have wiped out an entire class in seconds.

As for peace, serenity and love, that is a fine aspiration to have for a place of learning. What is the point of being free, when you have to live and work in a prison? It's an amazing country when the freedom to carry a gun is considered to be more important than the freedom to not have a gun pointed at you on a regular basis.

If a pyschopath has any aims beyond his own gratification, then guaranteeing their immortality through destroying a system might be one. Militarizing schools and teachers is a far more bizarre response than wishing that you worked in a place of serenity and love - and it is exactly the fearful response a pyschopath craves.

gallsman

stew

Quote from: muppet on October 12, 2015, 08:46:43 PM
Quote from: stew on October 12, 2015, 08:28:34 PM
I don't make the rules, neither do the cops muppet, they are trained to handle mass sootings this way after they take the hoor down, not their fault, blame the bureaucrats!

Are you serious? Anyone remotely sane person would call the police. You seem to have different ideas.

Then you accuse me of not reading something or other, of course you didn't provide a link.

So I went looking. I found links to right wing lunatic sites with their version of the story. But if you have a proper respectable source please post it.

Now this is the interesting bit. Apparently this Vet was in a GUN FREE ZONE, with a gun. He was on campus, in a zone where guns are prohibited, and you wanted to send him in shooting?

This was your hero?

Scrap John Wayne, we are now into Dirty Harry territory, a man who plays by his own rules, kinda like the killer doncha think?

No I don't think muppet, you seem to be star struck, do you love Hollywood stars muppet?

You are a hypocrite muppet, out of one corner of your mouth you say you would call the cops, out of the other corner of your mouth you denounce the very cops you would call on the way they do their jobs! Hypocritical but typical.

I did not say I would send him in? Where did I say I would send him in and who the fack am I to send anyone in shooting anywhere?

I would not have had a problem if he had went in and shot the **** dead, better him trying at least to kill the f**ker than waiting for the peelers to come after nine lie dead don't you think?

It is a moot point as he did feck all and if he broke the law pertaining to the area being a gun free zone he should have to face charges.

As for you, you have yourself backed into a corner on the issue of the cops and you don't have it in you to admit you are wrong! If you cannot get it through your skull that they are doing what they are taught to do in these situations no one can help you.

I know, you and that interim lady should retrain the police and really, really make sure they know that all they need to do their jobs are peace, love and serenity! ::)

muppet

Stew here is our man being interviewed: http://mic.com/articles/126203/this-armed-vet-at-umpqua-nails-why-eliminating-gun-free-zones-won-t-stop-mass-shootings

Here is the interview on NBC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=7mOJf9HW2Zo

"Luckily, we made the choice not to get involved," he told MSNBC. "We were quite a distance away from the actual building where it was happening, which could have opened us up to being potential targets ourselves. And, you know, not knowing where SWAT was on their response time, they wouldn't know who we were, and if we had our guns ready to shoot, they'd think we were the bad guys."

There is some debate regarding his own weapon. He was breaking college rules. He cites the constitution and Oregon Law to defend himself. I'll have to leave that to the locals to see how far over the line he was. I'd suggest that going after him would be counter-productive as the NRA would make a martyr of him. And an anti-Christ of the campus staff and their bosses.

But that isn't the point.

He said: "Luckily, we made the choice not to get involved".

And you accuse me of not bothering to read the story that you didn't bother to provide a link to?

Now back to the cops. Again and again I have pointed out that my issue is with the strategy, as directed by the bosses. The cops on the ground just follow orders. Again and again you ignore that. But then looking at the videos above, you cherry pick what you like and disregard the rest. So you probably aren't reading this bit anyway and I bet you started typing you reply before you got past the videos. Did you know that all of the Armagh team and management have come out of the closet? And Fearon as well?
MWWSI 2017

Declan

When May I Shoot a Student?

By GREG HAMPIKIANFEB. 27, 2014

BOISE, Idaho — TO the chief counsel of the Idaho State Legislature:

In light of the bill permitting guns on our state's college and university campuses, which is likely to be approved by the state House of Representatives in the coming days, I have a matter of practical concern that I hope you can help with: When may I shoot a student?

I am a biology professor, not a lawyer, and I had never considered bringing a gun to work until now. But since many of my students are likely to be armed, I thought it would be a good idea to even the playing field.

I have had encounters with disgruntled students over the years, some of whom seemed quite upset, but I always assumed that when they reached into their backpacks they were going for a pencil. Since I carry a pen to lecture, I did not feel outgunned; and because there are no working sharpeners in the lecture hall, the most they could get off is a single point. But now that we'll all be packing heat, I would like legal instruction in the rules of classroom engagement.

At present, the harshest penalty available here at Boise State is expulsion, used only for the most heinous crimes, like cheating on Scantron exams. But now that lethal force is an option, I need to know which infractions may be treated as de facto capital crimes.

I assume that if a student shoots first, I am allowed to empty my clip; but given the velocity of firearms, and my aging reflexes, I'd like to be proactive. For example, if I am working out a long equation on the board and several students try to correct me using their laser sights, am I allowed to fire a warning shot?

If two armed students are arguing over who should be served next at the coffee bar and I sense escalating hostility, should I aim for the legs and remind them of the campus Shared-Values Statement (which reads, in part, "Boise State strives to provide a culture of civility and success where all feel safe and free from discrimination, harassment, threats or intimidation")?

While our city police chief has expressed grave concerns about allowing guns on campus, I would point out that he already has one. I'm glad that you were not intimidated by him, and did not allow him to speak at the public hearing on the bill (though I really enjoyed the 40 minutes you gave to the National Rifle Association spokesman).

Knee-jerk reactions from law enforcement officials and university presidents are best set aside. Ignore, for example, the lame argument that some drunken frat boys will fire their weapons in violation of best practices. This view is based on stereotypical depictions of drunken frat boys, a group whose dignity no one seems willing to defend.

The problem, of course, is not that drunken frat boys will be armed; it is that they are drunken frat boys. Arming them is clearly not the issue. They would cause damage with or without guns. I would point out that urinating against a building or firing a few rounds into a sorority house are both violations of the same honor code.

In terms of the campus murder rate — zero at present — I think that we can all agree that guns don't kill people, people with guns do. Which is why encouraging guns on campus makes so much sense. Bad guys go where there are no guns, so by adding guns to campus more bad guys will spend their year abroad in London. Britain has incredibly restrictive laws — their cops don't even have guns! — and gun deaths there are a tiny fraction of what they are in America. It's a perfect place for bad guys.

Some of my colleagues are concerned that you are encouraging firearms within a densely packed concentration of young people who are away from home for the first time, and are coincidentally the age associated with alcohol and drug experimentation, and the commission of felonies.

Once again, this reflects outdated thinking about students. My current students have grown up learning responsible weapon use through virtual training available on the Xbox and PlayStation. Far from being enamored of violence, many studies have shown, they are numb to it. These creative young minds will certainly be stimulated by access to more technology at the university, items like autoloaders, silencers and hollow points. I am sure that it has not escaped your attention that the library would make an excellent shooting range, and the bookstore could do with fewer books and more ammo choices.

I want to applaud the Legislature's courage. On a final note: I hope its members will consider my amendment for bulletproof office windows and faculty body armor in Boise State blue and orange.

Greg Hampikian is a professor of biology and criminal justice at Boise State University and a co-author of "Exit to Freedom."

muppet

This really is a return to The Wild West: "In light of the bill permitting guns on our state's college and university campuses, which is likely to be approved by the state House of Representatives in the coming days".

Will the guns be allowed in the Churches, Chapels and Mosques? If they are on campus I guess people will now have a RIGHT to bring their guns into the various religious houses.

The nut jobs won't even have to plan getting their weapons past any security anymore.

MWWSI 2017

johnneycool

Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2015, 09:11:23 AM
This really is a return to The Wild West: "In light of the bill permitting guns on our state's college and university campuses, which is likely to be approved by the state House of Representatives in the coming days".

Will the guns be allowed in the Churches, Chapels and Mosques? If they are on campus I guess people will now have a RIGHT to bring their guns into the various religious houses.

The nut jobs won't even have to plan getting their weapons past any security anymore.

f**k that, every tourist, illegal immigrant and whoever should be handed a gun at the airports or border crossings in case they run into a madman at Disney or a six flags!

muppet

Quote from: johnneycool on October 13, 2015, 09:40:05 AM
Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2015, 09:11:23 AM

f**k that, every tourist, illegal immigrant and whoever should be handed a gun at the airports or border crossings in case they run into a madman at Disney or a six flags!

I think everyone that sets foot in every legislature, especially Capitol Hill, should be heavily armed. All tourists, politicians, lobbyists, cranks and protestors. Just in case.

Everyone at mass should be checked and banned from entry, unless they are carrying. Instead of 'peace be with you', people should be head to say, 'I'm carrying a piece' or maybe 'go ahead, make my day'.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34507760

Texas students are planning to hang sex toys from their bags in protest at a law allowing people to carry concealed weapons on university campuses.
"You're carrying a gun to class? Yeah well I'm carrying a HUGE DILDO," Jessica Jin, organiser of Campus (DILDO) Carry, wrote on Facebook.
MWWSI 2017