Paul Earley's Ireland International Rules Squad

Started by Rossfan, October 02, 2014, 05:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Hardy on November 20, 2014, 11:11:11 AM
Look out for him. He'll be the one NOT wearing the stupid leprechaun hat-beard.

Ya reared him well buck  :D
Is there a more stupid sight anywhere than that of an adult male or female wearing those stupid things or indeed the Guinness ones without the beard.
Talk about perpetuating a stupide ill informed Yankee stereotype.......  :(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Quote from: Rossfan on November 20, 2014, 05:00:02 PM
Quote from: Hardy on November 20, 2014, 11:11:11 AM
Look out for him. He'll be the one NOT wearing the stupid leprechaun hat-beard.

Ya reared him well buck  :D
Is there a more stupid sight anywhere than that of an adult male or female wearing those stupid things or indeed the Guinness ones without the beard.
Talk about perpetuating a stupide ill informed Yankee stereotype.......  :(

+1

Anyone who wears such items needs a good kicking.

BennyCake

Quote from: WT4E on November 20, 2014, 01:17:11 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 20, 2014, 12:20:55 PM
I think the kickout over the 45 rule is an absolute clinker and will encourage aerial contests again. If it works well they should introduce it into our game. High fielding has basically disappeared except for Donaghy and Neil Gallagher.

A great high catch is better than any score in my opinion. . .

+1  :D

My heart sinks everytime (in club or county) when someone makes a brilliant field and then when he lands he's hounded into submission and the ref gives a free against.  :(

High fielding is a dying art and great to see executed well, but I don't agree with bringing it in to Gaelic football. Like I said before, what happens if you're kicking into a gale?

Having to kick past 45, will mean bigger midfielders, meaning they'll be crowded out by a swarm. Then they'll moan about that, and bring in the mark. And so on and so forth...

I don't know why they can't leave the rules alone. Any more changes and we may as well just play Aussie Rules. You can't keep tampering just because one team finds a different way of playing.

INDIANA

Quote from: BennyCake on November 20, 2014, 07:36:13 PM
I think the kickout over the 45 rule is an absolute clinker and will encourage aerial contests again. If it works well they should introduce it into our game. High fielding has basically disappeared except for Donaghy and Neil Gallagher.

My heart sinks everytime (in club or county) when someone makes a brilliant field and then when he lands he's hounded into submission and the ref gives a free against.  :(

High fielding is a dying art and great to see executed well, but I don't agree with bringing it in to Gaelic football. Like I said before, what happens if you're kicking into a gale?

Having to kick past 45, will mean bigger midfielders, meaning they'll be crowded out by a swarm. Then they'll moan about that, and bring in the mark. And so on and so forth...

I don't know why they can't leave the rules alone. Any more changes and we may as well just play Aussie Rules. You can't keep tampering just because one team finds a different way of playing.

There is nothing wrong with the bloody game. Its a fantastic sport played in a myriad of contrasting styles and aside from Donegal it has become a fascinating tactical battle as most teams try to win matches in conjunction with the appropriate amount of defensive structure.

Obviously Donegal are an exception to that but maybe Gallagher will move them out of Mordor and take the path following Aragon into the Promised Land.

rrhf

sure why dont they lie down to the `Dubs next time around...

thejuice

If its on that early in the morning I might as well stick it on.Assuming its not blocked in the UK.

I'm that starved of GAA I'll take a look at this. Could be the last one ever and the Aussies might like to make a final statement of their superiority.

I've really been put off by the new rules introduced such as the "no tacking while the ball is on the ground" which I really hope is no longer in play.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Aaron Boone

So if the Aussies have a strong team out, then the 1/2 odds on them winning the series is an absolute steal.

rodney trotter

Tomorrow's International Rules Test at Paterson's Stadium in Perth has sold out.

It means that 43,500 spectators will pack into the home of AFL sides West Coast Eagles and Fremantle Dockers for the one-off match.

Speaking yesterday, AFL media relations manager Patrick Keane said: "By the time we usually get to the week of the match we'd normally be trying to sell 5,000 or 10,000 tickets, but we've had a really intensive campaign over the last two or three weeks.

"They (the players) have been in Perth radio, newspapers and TV. We haven't really done too much marketing in other parts of Australia. We've really focused just on here."

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=227970

AZOffaly

Quote from: INDIANA on November 20, 2014, 08:09:42 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 20, 2014, 07:36:13 PM

There is nothing wrong with the bloody game. Its a fantastic sport played in a myriad of contrasting styles and aside from Donegal it has become a fascinating tactical battle as most teams try to win matches in conjunction with the appropriate amount of defensive structure.

Obviously Donegal are an exception to that but maybe Gallagher will move them out of Mordor and take the path following Aragon into the Promised Land.

Were you watching 'LOTR' and 'Exodus' over the weekend Indy? :D

Fuzzman

Rossfan

Best of luck to Paul and Cathal and the lads tomorrow.
With 2 Rosmen in the camp Ireland can't go wrong.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thejuice

Tg4 blocking this in Britain for some reason.

Any other ways of watching this?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

drici

orangeman

Ireland have a good side out - they've prepared well, the Australians have all their big players playing this time round, the rules have been bent to suit them.

Ireland to prevail. Australians to win the boxing.

sligoman2

I thought this was on gaago I cant find it for some reason.
Does anyone know if its on gaago or not
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.