Gmac

Quote from: J70 on March 05, 2021, 12:57:06 PM
Quote from: Gmac on March 05, 2021, 02:12:54 AM
Quote from: J70 on March 05, 2021, 01:40:05 AM
Quote from: Gmac on March 04, 2021, 10:17:17 PM
Quote from: dec on March 04, 2021, 09:26:24 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 04, 2021, 09:19:13 PM
Quote from: Gmac on March 04, 2021, 09:17:37 PM
Any sign of joe doing a state of the union ?

Next January I'd expect.

Like every newly inaugurated president.

Exactly, Trump in 2017 and Obama in 2009 did not give State of the Union addresses.
ok will he speak before a joint session of congress anytime soon ?

Haven't heard of any plans to do so.

Maybe when everyone is vaccinated or something.

Why?
serious question do you think joe Biden has any cognitive problems .

No.
hit me up if you make it to Bay Area someday I've a nice bridge I want to sell you .

J70

Quote from: Gmac on March 05, 2021, 04:11:45 PM

Next January I'd expect.

Exactly, Trump in 2017 and Obama in 2009 did not give State of the Union addresses.

Why?

No.
hit me up if you make it to Bay Area someday I've a nice bridge I want to sell you .

You've been beating that drum for months, parroting Trump.

Biden was basically going to be a drooling zombie at the debates and in all other appearances.

It didn't happen. And all of the ridicule and fear mongering didn't work.

You even threw out the (oh my god!!) comment here a couple of weeks ago that Biden went to bed at (gasp) 9pm! I go to f**king bed around then myself. I have to. I'm in work by 7.

And guess what? Biden has never been an eloquent speaker or unscripted explainer. He's no Bill Clinton or Barak Obama. He's far too gaffe-prone and always has been. All of that was understood by the Democratic primary voters who selected him over the likes of Sanders because he was an experienced moderate. It was also understood by the independents and moderate conservatives who found common cause with the Dems to boot the bigoted, corrupt, lying, conspiracy theorizing, deluded, narcissistic man-child out on his arse.

Biden's job is to set broad policy, advocate publicly for it, and select capable people to carry it out. That and be a calming and rational leader of the country. As long as he's doing that, he can go to bed at 6:30pm for all I care.

If I were you, I'd be far more concerned about the absolute state of the Republican Party, where the only apparent guiding principle is fealty and subservience to the fragile, demented ego of Donald Trump, where no lie or conspiracy theory is too extreme as long as it serve's the Dear Leader's cause.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on March 05, 2021, 04:31:23 PM
Quote from: Gmac on March 05, 2021, 04:11:45 PM

Next January I'd expect.

Why?

No.

You've been beating that drum for months, parroting Trump.

Biden was basically going to be a drooling zombie at the debates and in all other appearances.

It didn't happen. And all of the ridicule and fear mongering didn't work.

You even threw out the (oh my god!!) comment here a couple of weeks ago that Biden went to bed at (gasp) 9pm! I go to f**king bed around then myself. I have to. I'm in work by 7.

And guess what? Biden has never been an eloquent speaker or unscripted explainer. He's no Bill Clinton or Barak Obama. He's far too gaffe-prone and always has been. All of that was understood by the Democratic primary voters who selected him over the likes of Sanders because he was an experienced moderate. It was also understood by the independents and moderate conservatives who found common cause with the Dems to boot the bigoted, corrupt, lying, conspiracy theorizing, deluded, narcissistic man-child out on his arse.

Biden's job is to set broad policy, advocate publicly for it, and select capable people to carry it out. That and be a calming and rational leader of the country. As long as he's doing that, he can go to bed at 6:30pm for all I care.

If I were you, I'd be far more concerned about the absolute state of the Republican Party, where the only apparent guiding principle is fealty and subservience to the fragile, demented ego of Donald Trump, where no lie or conspiracy theory is too extreme as long as it serve's the Dear Leader's cause.
it's actually 7pm according to a new report.
Biden was locked in his basement for some reason for all 2020 that was the strategy the news networks and social media all ignored this . Time will tell how long he lasts , Susan rice is the de facto president is what I hear .

J70

You hear from where??

EVERYONE knew Biden wasn't out and about. He was homebound, just like most of the rest of us, doing everything via Zoom.

And STILL it didn't matter, because Trump was such a historic f**k-up.

He had the whole stage to himself. He had two huge national issues to deal with, the type of stuff of which presidential greatness is made. But he couldn't see past the paranoid, reactionary, bigoted, own-the-libs wishes of his base and he completely blew it.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on March 05, 2021, 04:55:51 PM
You hear from where??

EVERYONE knew Biden wasn't out and about. He was homebound, just like most of the rest of us, doing everything via Zoom.

He had the whole stage to himself. He had two huge national issues to deal with, the type of stuff of which presidential greatness is made. But he couldn't see past the paranoid, reactionary, bigoted, own-the-libs wishes of his base and he completely blew it.
he won the election he needs to be scrutinized like Trump was every minute of every day .
Do you think he could do a covid update press conference and handle the questions trump had too last year ?

J70

Quote from: Gmac on March 05, 2021, 05:05:23 PM
You hear from where??

he won the election he needs to be scrutinized like Trump was every minute of every day .
Do you think he could do a covid update press conference and handle the questions trump had too last year ?

Sure he could.

But, lacking the massive ego of Trump with his inexhaustible need for attention, he's happy to let the professionals handle the day-to-day stuff, outside of policy announcements.

Few presidents have dominated news like Trump did. Few wanted to like he did.

I'm happy for Biden to go quietly about his business, as long as the business is getting done.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on March 05, 2021, 05:21:21 PM
You hear from where??

Sure he could.

But, lacking the massive ego of Trump with his inexhaustible need for attention, he's happy to let the professionals handle the day-to-day stuff, outside of policy announcements.

I'm happy for Biden to go quietly about his business, as long as the business is getting done.
like releasing 108 illegal immigrants into Texas who are positive for covid , great work joe

J70

Quote from: Gmac on March 05, 2021, 05:33:32 PM
You hear from where??

Sure he could.

like releasing 108 illegal immigrants into Texas who are positive for covid , great work joe

You see, that is fair criticism.

Bedtimes and dementia is not.

dec

Quote from: J70 on March 05, 2021, 05:43:02 PM
You hear from where??

Sure he could.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/politics/abbott-migrants-covid-testing/index.html

The Biden administration wanted to provide federal funds for Covid-19 tests for migrants in Texas but Governor Abbott has been getting in the way.

J70

Quote from: dec on March 05, 2021, 06:12:47 PM
You hear from where??

Sure he could.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/politics/abbott-migrants-covid-testing/index.html

The Biden administration wanted to provide federal funds for Covid-19 tests for migrants in Texas but Governor Abbott has been getting in the way.

I should clarify that I was commenting on the general topic of criticism, as opposed to the specifics of the story.

Whether or not the actual story is bullshit, at least its a policy issue which can be subject to verification.

Conspiracy theories about dementia or the meaning of the rumoured time Biden goes to bed are just idiotic.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on March 05, 2021, 06:21:55 PM
You hear from where??

Sure he could.

I should clarify that I was commenting on the general topic of criticism, as opposed to the specifics of the story.

Whether or not the actual story is bullshit, at least its a policy issue which can be subject to verification.

Conspiracy theories about dementia or the meaning of the rumoured time Biden goes to bed are just idiotic.
the border should be closed and anyone entering illegally should be deported straight away that should be federal policy during a pandemic.

omochain

Quote from: Gmac on March 05, 2021, 06:34:56 PM
You hear from where??

Sure he could.

the border should be closed and anyone entering illegally should be deported straight away that should be federal policy during a pandemic.

Person, woman, man, camera, TV😜

Main Street

You hear from where??

Sure he could.

All borders should be closed under pandemic restrictions, land, sea and air, not just  the minor issue of  illegal entry which apparantly attracts a lot of focus from racists / MAGA supporters etc.. And what the issue of illegal entry has got to do with Trump's evident chronic  emotional and mental diseases is beyond me. 

Gmac

Quote from: Main Street on March 05, 2021, 10:02:28 PM
You hear from where??

Sure he could.

All borders should be closed under pandemic restrictions, land, sea and air, not just  the minor issue of  illegal entry which apparantly attracts a lot of focus from racists / MAGA supporters etc.. And what the issue of illegal entry has got to do with Trump's evident chronic  emotional and mental diseases is beyond me.
liberalism is a mental disorder down on Main Street bob seger sang back in the day .

screenexile

It's that kind of arrogance and disdain for liberal America which has caused Conservatives to lose the last 2 elections so badly! They'll need to look at that for the next one so they don't lose again!  ;D ;D