Super 8 or Stupid 8

Started by Croí na hÉireann, February 23, 2017, 03:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you for or against the Super 8 proposal?

Super 8 (For)
7 (16.7%)
Stupid 8 (Against)
35 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: March 02, 2017, 03:56:05 PM

Syferus

'Weak county' describes 32 out of the 33 teams now. We really need new terms to describe the corporate nightmare the GAA has became.

Esmarelda

Zulu must have some bump on his forehead.

Jinxy

The Dubs reign of terror will not last forever.
Even the Roman Empire collapsed eventually.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Zulu

Quote from: Syferus on March 05, 2017, 10:12:54 PM
'Weak county' describes 32 out of the 33 teams now. We really need new terms to describe the corporate nightmare the GAA has became.

It doesn't. There has always been a few top counties with few just off the pace but better than most. Kerry dominated for a long time, Cork and Meath were top dogs for a few years, Tyrone, Kerry and Armagh were ahead of the pack for a long time and now Dublin are the dominant team. This is not such a different phase to many others and I think Kerry, in particular, are well placed to take over in two or three years.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 03, 2017, 09:55:35 PM
Quote from: thejuice on February 23, 2017, 09:29:24 PM
I'm just getting my head round the proposals now. I don't see how this solves anything. It's just a money making scheme.

I've always said, reform the provinces to suit a sporting competition that is eight teams in each province and go a back to a straight knockout with no qualifiers. And play the league alongside it in the early summer. Everyone gets at least 8 games in the good weather and the early part of the year is freed up for clubs.

Yes! If fecking GALWAY can play in the Leinster Championship in Hurling. Why can't you pop Longford and Westmeath into Connacht. This is a pure money racket to get the Dublin Cash cow more games.

I'd rather go to hell.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...