Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: Don Johnson on June 22, 2018, 10:19:00 AM
I don't suppose anyone would know the typical sale cycle for Royal Caribbean cruises? I know they often release kids sail free cruise packages, just wondering what time of the year they normally do it?

RC seem to have constant sales on. When on ends another one starts.

I'm booked on a Med cruise in August. I was waiting for the Drinks inclusive deal, but when I looked first some time pre Christmas, they had a different deal. Can't remember what it was, maybe 50% off the second guest in a room.
I waited till the Drink deal came and booked then, but it ended up being about the same price if I'd book initially with the first deal and then paid for the Drinks separately.

Kids prices when sharing with adults aren't too bad usually. I don't recall seeing Kids free deals, but not surprised that it would be there. But I think you need to make sure you get some deal, as they may work out the same.

I may have time later on or tomorrow to check current prices for the Med cruise I'm on and compare to what I paid

BennyCake

Quote from: Boycey on June 22, 2018, 03:30:27 PM
Portsalon is one of the best beaches I've been on anywhere in the world...

It was voted the second best priest beach in the world a few years ago.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Boycey on June 22, 2018, 03:30:27 PM
Portsalon is one of the best beaches I've been on anywhere in the world...
+1

Don Johnson

Quote from: Hound on June 24, 2018, 10:39:43 AM
Quote from: Don Johnson on June 22, 2018, 10:19:00 AM
I don't suppose anyone would know the typical sale cycle for Royal Caribbean cruises? I know they often release kids sail free cruise packages, just wondering what time of the year they normally do it?

RC seem to have constant sales on. When on ends another one starts.

I'm booked on a Med cruise in August. I was waiting for the Drinks inclusive deal, but when I looked first some time pre Christmas, they had a different deal. Can't remember what it was, maybe 50% off the second guest in a room.
I waited till the Drink deal came and booked then, but it ended up being about the same price if I'd book initially with the first deal and then paid for the Drinks separately.

Kids prices when sharing with adults aren't too bad usually. I don't recall seeing Kids free deals, but not surprised that it would be there. But I think you need to make sure you get some deal, as they may work out the same.

I may have time later on or tomorrow to check current prices for the Med cruise I'm on and compare to what I paid

Every one we have priced so far, once we add the child on it is more expensive for her than it is for us. Eg say it's roughly £2,000 for us two, add the child and it goes to £3,100-3,200. She will only be 3 too next summer so not as if she will be eating much! Though I suppose they have to factor in the kids clubs and stuff with that.

I have definitely seen the kids go free before but as you say it will probably work out the same because then you will have to add on the drinks package that they are currently offering as their deal now.

Don Johnson

Anyone recommend a kid friendly hotel for a few days in July? Needs to have a pool. Preferably no more than a couple hours drive from mid Ulster!

Also would like to have stuff to do in the surrounding areas for a two year old.

We like Ballyliffin Lodge (nice kids area to the side of the bar) but it is unavailable. Looking at the likes of Slieve Russell, Ballymascanlon, Redcastle Hotel, even Dublin wouldn't be too bad. A beach  would be handy too if this weather keeps up. Just wondering are there any hidden gems we are missing out on.

I was thinking about Tayto Park and one of the hotels near it but it would probably be bunged all week.

Rois

The old Clarion in Sligo (not sure what it's called now) is good for families as there are apartment-style rooms. 

Don't laugh when I say it, but the Great Northern in Bundoran seems to cater well for kids.  The pool is crap though. 

Castleknock has a really nice pool and has been recently refurbed - you could do Dublin Zoo and even Tayto Park from it. 

trueblue1234

Quote from: Rois on June 29, 2018, 01:58:20 PM
The old Clarion in Sligo (not sure what it's called now) is good for families as there are apartment-style rooms. 

Don't laugh when I say it, but the Great Northern in Bundoran seems to cater well for kids.  The pool is crap though. 

Castleknock has a really nice pool and has been recently refurbed - you could do Dublin Zoo and even Tayto Park from it.

Knightsbridge Hotel is a great spot for families if going around Tayto Park. Trim a lovely town as well especially if you get good weather.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Don Johnson

You are the second person to say Castleknock, I had a look earlier and it looks decent, handy for Phoenix Park etc. Think we will go for that one, cheers!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Don Johnson on June 29, 2018, 05:02:08 PM

You are the second person to say Castleknock, I had a look earlier and it looks decent, handy for Phoenix Park etc. Think we will go for that one, cheers!
I was at a conference in the Castleknock Hotel this week and it is very nice but it certainly didn't give off the vibe of being a family hotel. Might be different over the weekend and now schools are off.

Milltown Row2

Up just past Creeslough this weekend , just facing Ards Forrest park! Heaven.. the Forrest runs and leading down to the various beaches coves dunes are fantastic.. just stunning!

6 mile run around it this morning with my four legged buddy! Hard to beat, well a few Guinness in Arnold's to watch the game will come close!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Best things to do in Barcelona lads? Heading for 4 nights in mid July.

laoislad

Quote from: JimStynes on July 01, 2018, 09:00:16 PM
Do the hop on hop off bus tour around the city. Honestly it's the best way to see the whole city.
It will take you everywhere you need to go including the Nou Camp, Sagrada Familia,Mount Tibidabo etc
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on July 01, 2018, 09:11:20 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on July 01, 2018, 09:00:16 PM
Do the hop on hop off bus tour around the city. Honestly it's the best way to see the whole city.

It is the best way but by f**k it's warm!

Sit and watch the pick pocketers! The Barca ground a must too
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Barcelona Cathedral and the Gothic Quarter well worth a mooch around. The Montjuic funicular and cable car. Take a look at the outdoor swimming and diving pool while ur up there if you remember it from the Olympics, fantastic views accross the city, think it's open to the public too..

Abble

trying to put one or two ideas together for 3-4 nights away and having been told Haven holidays in UK are great, so thinking about blackpool and stena from belfast to liverpool maybe.

has anyone any recommendations or similar alternatives before I go flying in....we have 2 kids who are 7 & 9, so just a small holiday was the thinking....so if you have been to a great spot across the water and can recommend me anything, thanks  :)