Laois Senior Football 2017

Started by Tony, October 14, 2016, 11:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

OTF the Meath game will give a much clearer indication as to how Creedon will pick his team for the league opener injuries permitting. Two very different teams for the previous two games. 
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

I hope Gerry Kavanagh bites the bullet on this one now and moves it to O'Moore Park not fair on spectators to have to try and watch it from a freezing cold bank especially if there is a big crowd.Meath will travel in numbers talking to one guy today from Kells says they are getting a bus down ...Joe Sheridan being named in goals will only add to the hype that is already building for this Meath side this year.

DO THE SENSIBLE THING LAOIS ...Where would people park...wheelchair access ,older people,kids view of the game?

As previously said stradbally is lovely on a summers evening but not in Jan...
LAOIS ABÚ

Tony

I hear it will not be moved, Unlaoised.

redsetanta

Weather's not supposed to be too bad on Saturday. If Strad organise a fella selling cups of tay and soup they'll make a fortune for the war chest!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on January 13, 2017, 11:54:26 AM
I hope Gerry Kavanagh bites the bullet on this one now and moves it to O'Moore Park not fair on spectators to have to try and watch it from a freezing cold bank especially if there is a big crowd.Meath will travel in numbers talking to one guy today from Kells says they are getting a bus down ...Joe Sheridan being named in goals will only add to the hype that is already building for this Meath side this year.

DO THE SENSIBLE THING LAOIS ...Where would people park...wheelchair access ,older people,kids view of the game?

As previously said stradbally is lovely on a summers evening but not in Jan...
It'll not be moved.

Giovanni

Don Draper

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Team news: Sheridan in goals for Meath

Meath manager Andy McEntee has named his team to take on Laois in the third round of the Bord na Mona O'Byrne Cup.

Former attacker Joe Sheridan has been named as goalkeeper. The Meath team is a mix of the last two starting XV's that defeated Wicklow and DIT. David McQuillan, Brian Power and Donal Lenihan are the three survivors from the Wednesday night win over the Dublin college side.

Sheridan last lined out for Meath in the 2013 All-Ireland qualifier against Tyrone.

The winner of this game will qualify for the semi-final. Throw in at Stadbally on Saturday night is at 7.00pm.

Meath (O'Byrne Cup v Laois)

Joe Sheridan (Seneschalstown)

Donal Keogan (Rathkenny), David McQuillan (St Patrick's), Mickey Burke (Longwood)

Conor Downey (Na Fianna), Brian Power (Ratoath), Sean Curran (Donaghmore/Ashbourne)

Bryan Menton (Donaghmore/Ashbourne), Cian O'Brien (Ratoath)

Cillian O'Sullivan (Moynalvey), Graham Reilly (St Colmcille's), Paddy Kennelly (Dunderry)

Bryan McMahon (Ratoath), Kevin Ross (Castletown), Donal Lenihan (Dunboyne).

Subs - Jack Hannigan (Donaghmore/Ashbourne), Alan Forde (Navan O'Mahonys), Willie Carry (Drumbaragh), David Toner (Curraha), Declan Smyth (Dunsany), Adam Flanagan (Clonard), Bobby O'Brien (Ratoath), Sean Tobin (Simonstown), Fiachra Ward (Wolfe Tones).
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

It will be some evening for Farrell trying to contain Reilly who's done us damage in the past.

Unlaoised

Quote from: redsetanta on January 13, 2017, 03:42:56 PM
It will be some evening for Farrell trying to contain Reilly who's done us damage in the past.

Id say Strong will move out on him or Begley!
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Reilly would be delighted to see Strong marking him during the odd period of time he's not heading towards the Meath posts! Need someone alot tighter than Strong!

Giovanni

Quote from: Don Draper on January 13, 2017, 02:50:55 PM
Quote from: Giovanni on January 13, 2017, 01:38:03 PM
Do you know why not?
I think we all know why not.

I think you're trying to diplomatically connect the Stradbally contingent on the County Board to the wish to play the game in Stradbally. What I don't understand is what advantage this brings Stradbally. As far as I understood all O Byrne Cup gate receipts went to a players injury fund so I don't really see how this is helping Stradbally very much.

On a separate note, Crettyard club should be commended for the excellent organisation and preparation of the pitch the previous Sunday. The whole place looked fantastic on the first week of January, which is no mean achievement.

Don Draper

Quote from: Giovanni on January 13, 2017, 06:45:58 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on January 13, 2017, 02:50:55 PM
Quote from: Giovanni on January 13, 2017, 01:38:03 PM
Do you know why not?
I think we all know why not.

I think you're trying to diplomatically connect the Stradbally contingent on the County Board to the wish to play the game in Stradbally. What I don't understand is what advantage this brings Stradbally. As far as I understood all O Byrne Cup gate receipts went to a players injury fund so I don't really see how this is helping Stradbally very much.

On a separate note, Crettyard club should be commended for the excellent organisation and preparation of the pitch the previous Sunday. The whole place looked fantastic on the first week of January, which is no mean achievement.
Stradbally obviously requested a game to open their new floodlights and were given this one, which is their right. No one cared a month ago to say anything, not even on here. Why should they have all their prep done only for it to whipped from them 24 hours out from the game? It wouldn't happen to any club, but it sure as shit won't happen to this club.

It's only a f**king O Byrne Cup game, you'd think lads were being asked to go to watch it in a swamp by the way some are going on here. You'll be grand lads, wrap up warm, bring the proper footwear, and maybe a hip flask. Call to DUNNE's after for a pint and tell people for years to come how you survived the snowstorm in Stradbally of 2017

High Fielder

It never looked like a good idea. It still doesn't. Most of these games are restricted to a challenge game. Stradbally and the people hosting the game obviously feel like they have a venue capable of holding the match. They don't. Just a bad idea. I'll still be there and hopefully so will a lot of people. They'll all get to see the match in one way or another. Still a terrible venue for the game. Simple as.

Tony

Quote from Don Draper: "It wouldn't happen to any club, but it sure as shit won't happen to this club.

It's only a f**king O Byrne Cup game, you'd think lads were. ."

Don must be channeling Samuel l. Jackson in pulp fiction  8). Is there any need for that language really when trying to get a basic point across. Young laois kids might be tuning into the forum for updates etc, it'd be a pity to disencourage them. I know you must be as cold as ice don but tone it down a bit.

Looking like decent weather for the match later. Get there early!