Laois Senior Football 2017

Started by Tony, October 14, 2016, 11:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Quote from: les Antiques on November 18, 2016, 09:10:09 AM
Buggie and Knowles should get a run in January along with Shiels if he is fit .

Should or will?Are they involved with the squad?

Good to hear Sean Ram is in there...He is a quality player and could have a part to play if he knuckles down and gets to peak fitness!
LAOIS ABÚ

les Antiques

Quote from: Unlaoised on November 18, 2016, 10:28:53 AM
Quote from: les Antiques on November 18, 2016, 09:10:09 AM
Buggie and Knowles should get a run in January along with Shiels if he is fit .

Should or will?Are they involved with the squad?

"SHOULD"

Don Draper

Good to hear Sean Ram is in there...He is a quality player and could have a part to play if he knuckles down and gets to peak fitness!
And controls the rest.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Don Draper on November 18, 2016, 10:50:03 AM
And controls the rest.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
LAOIS ABÚ

Unlaoised

Any chance we could talk Cahie healy around to kicking ball what a plus he would be in the back line!!
LAOIS ABÚ

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Don Draper on November 18, 2016, 10:50:03 AM
And controls the rest.
Exactly. His temperament has let him down too many times. Superb footballer on his day though. Best player in the intermediate final this year.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

SCFC

Quote from: Unlaoised on November 18, 2016, 12:53:55 PM
Any chance we could talk Cahie healy around to kicking ball what a plus he would be in the back line!!
Doubt it tbh.

Unlaoised

I wonder will Colm Poole of Rosenallis or Darragh Connolly of Sarsfields Or kehoe of St Joes be considered to be pack of the set up going forward after such good recent performances?
LAOIS ABÚ

les Antiques

I dont see why not any of those guys will not be given an opportunity in January !!

Unlaoised

Quote from: les Antiques on November 22, 2016, 10:03:46 AM
I dont see why not any of those guys will not be given an opportunity in January !!

I agree its not like we have an abundance of talent waiting in the wings!
LAOIS ABÚ

High Fielder

Everyone deserves a chance. Sometimes, players improve for being in better company, so for that reason, I've learned not to write anyone off. It often amazes me as well how much regard is given to a player's underage form. Generally if they are good at underage, a coach will go through hell and high water to translate that form to Senior level. I much prefer to see a lad slowly developing in terms of ability and physicality. There was a corner back playing for Josephs the other day (not sure of his name) who I saw before and didn't think much of. The other day however. he was a different player and had clearly developed. Looked like a decent prospect to me.

Unlaoised

I hear we got Meath DIT and Wicklow in the O'Byrne cup ...

Can anyone confirm ?
LAOIS ABÚ

The Monument Road

Quote from: High Fielder on November 22, 2016, 01:43:13 PM
Everyone deserves a chance. Sometimes, players improve for being in better company, so for that reason, I've learned not to write anyone off. It often amazes me as well how much regard is given to a player's underage form. Generally if they are good at underage, a coach will go through hell and high water to translate that form to Senior level. I much prefer to see a lad slowly developing in terms of ability and physicality. There was a corner back playing for Josephs the other day (not sure of his name) who I saw before and didn't think much of. The other day however. he was a different player and had clearly developed. Looked like a decent prospect to me.
corner back....either James Baldwin who got MOM or co an Maher a cousin of Karl Lacey of Donegal..

High Fielder

No it wasn't one of the Baldwins. Must have been Maher so. Fairly big lad with black hair. Carried well if a little suspect with distribution. Aggressive enough and tackled well. He improved a lot from the last time I saw him. Others stood out more but I liked what he was doing and looks capable of developing further

The Monument Road

Quote from: High Fielder on November 22, 2016, 05:46:55 PM
No it wasn't one of the Baldwins. Must have been Maher so. Fairly big lad with black hair. Carried well if a little suspect with distribution. Aggressive enough and tackled well. He improved a lot from the last time I saw him. Others stood out more but I liked what he was doing and looks capable of developing further
Cian Maher....yea i am of the same belief....A fine strapping lad who runs straight at players with power. I think he is stiil eligable for u21 next year also. He has pedigree as he is closely related to Karl Lacey and also of the same family blood line as Beano. Kingstons, Donie Brennan, his team mate James Doyle and Damien Murphy of Stradbally. His uncles played with St Josephs, Joe, Fergal and Aidan Lacey. So he certainly has pedigree.