Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 20, 2020, 11:44:49 PM
Quote from: breakingball on August 20, 2020, 11:30:27 PM
All 4 intermediate finalists will fancy their chances. It'll all be who plays well on the day, not much between the 4. My money would be on Moneyglass v Dunloy final and maybe Moneyglass shading it with no hurling to worry about.

Dunloy might not have hurling to worry about  ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

If results go against us this weekend then we can concentrate on our second game them lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Calm Down

Does anyone know what dates the semi/quarter finals are set for across the three championships?

Belfast GAA man

delgany

SFC  30th Aug
Creggan   v (1) st galls or st endas
Aghagallon v LD @ Glenavy
1  v  PG1 or Ahoghill

1st Sept
Cargin   v Rossa or St.Johns @ Dunsilly

imtommygunn

St galls vs portglenone pick of the quarter finals. Should get interesting now.

St. John's out and Rossa through.

Hoof Hearted

Creggan v St endas
Rossa v cargin
LD v aghagallon
Pg1 v St Galls

I think
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

imtommygunn

I watched a bit of stgalls stendas. Stgalls looked very good. Stendas got a goal from the water break which looked a bit unusual to say the least... Their game with Portglenone should be very interesting.

It'll be interesting seeing what Rossa have in them against Cargin.

Creggan and Ld to win the other two.

NGBlue

Cargin and rossa could see an upset! If I'm right rossa pushed them 2 years ago?

Thoughts on the goal tonight? Tough luck for taking too long or hard done by? I can see both sides 😂

breakingball

All 4 senior quarters will be tight.

I expect Cargin and Lamh Dhearg to have a bit too much quality for Rossa and Aghagallon.

The other two I can't call.

As for the goal tonight...can't understand how it stood.

GiveItToTheShooters

Nothing wrong with the goal. The ref gave plenty of time. Only supposed to be 1 minute break and he gave St Galls plenty of warning. No issue

Tyrdub

Quote from: delgany on August 23, 2020, 09:10:24 PM
SFC  30th Aug
1  v  PG1 or Ahoghill

1st Sept

So Rossa have hurling QF on Saturday and football QF on Tuesday? Doesn't seem fair tbh. Surely they can push 1 game back?? How many dual players will be involved?

imtommygunn

I was thinking that. There is a lot of overlap. You're not talking one or two - more likely to be half a team plus.

gallsman

Saw a bit of the first half Vs St. Enda's and St. Gall's looked a mile ahead of where there were the first day. Kell, Aidso, Anto Healy and Terry all back in the team. Kell is 37 odd, the other three are 35/36. Niblock going 34. CJ and Burkey both 32. Can't last for ever!

Are Brady and Andy still playing? Brady would be the same age as Kell, Andy probably 35 at this stage.

imtommygunn

Brady came on as a sub. Don't know about McClean.

NGBlue

Quote from: Tyrdub on August 27, 2020, 09:33:14 AM
Quote from: delgany on August 23, 2020, 09:10:24 PM

Same with St Galls! Both teams will have played championship Sunday, last night, will play Sat and Tues and if any progress it would look like Saturday again! Madness, as is the times we're living in.
SFC  30th Aug
1  v  PG1 or Ahoghill

1st Sept

So Rossa have hurling QF on Saturday and football QF on Tuesday? Doesn't seem fair tbh. Surely they can push 1 game back?? How many dual players will be involved?